Hill Top adventures

Those can be tedious to set up right. I’ve got a tool bar half way built. When I didn’t need one I seen the furrow blade and disc for sale a few times. Now that I need them I can’t find any. I’m trying to not go new. It looks like you got it working pretty good. I wanted to have mine built before I plant potatoes but it’s not going to happen. Keep us posted.

I usually hilled the taters by hand and that was a workout I didn't like to finish. And this year I planted more. Somewhere I had seen a Power King hiller, kind of like a right and left furrow. Would like to try that sometime. Bigger disc blades would make it better, but these were hanging on the wall for many years. A little sharper angle might make a difference too. I had a cultivator tooth right in front of it thinking to loosen up the dirt but that threw some loose dirt to the outside of the disc. I still like the idea of that tooth there but it needs to be in further.

I have the double gang Brinly with two cement blocks. The PO welded a three point post on one end. I lock the two together with two bolts to work as one seems to be better than letting them pivot in the middle. I’ve been wanting to mount a pair of small wheels on the top side then I could just flip it over for transporting.
5579D08A-6643-4E92-B734-F5705C68BEAC.png

I have the double gang Brinly with two cement blocks. The PO welded a three point post on one end. I lock the two together with two bolts to work as one seems to be better than letting them pivot in the middle. I’ve been wanting to mount a pair of small wheels on the top side then I could just flip it over for transporting.
View attachment 51859
When we added weight to the disk,we also had to add to the front so we could drive with it lifted.

Wow, I didn't realize how long it was since I was posting. Felt like a busy summer and fall. Dear wife informed me she was expecting. So it was lots of doctor visits and planning for a high risk pregnancy. The plan was to induce her so to plan for her to be off of her blood thinner. Yesterday morning baby was positioned right so off to the hospital last evening to start the process. As soon as they hooked up the fetal heart monitor, baby started kicking n bouncing and flipped breech. So stop that plan and switch to c section plan. 9 am was the earliest the anesthesiologist would agree to. Checked again this morning to see how baby is sitting, still breech. But then as the surgeon reached in, she started laughing cause little girly had flipped again and was head down.

Back