Hill Top adventures

Boy does a daughter change your perspective on so many things!

And the funniest part is my son has ZERO interest in guns, cars, wrenching, motorcycles, hiking, hunting, etc. but my daughters like all those things and will be out tinkering with me. Well not the oldest any more she just turned 13 today and she is in full on reclusive teenager mode. She will come back around once the hormones settle down.

Over the past month I have come to the conclusion that the schedule of a teenager and a newborn totally clash. One night baby was asleep by 10:30, which is typical for this girl. But Jr started at 2:30 the next morning. Took him to work cause momma put her foot down and said absolutely not running the dirt bike in the middle of the night and waking the whole neighborhood. Then I dozed on the recliner til 4 when Jr called n said he needed a ride home. Thankfully his shift at the next farm was canceled for him. By the time I got him home it was time for me to get ready to leave. Working on the biggest project we did in a couple years. Driving further, working harder on what feels like half the sleep. It is in the suburbs of a bigger city, so dealing with heavy traffic all the time.

I remember them days well Shorty. I never liked working in the city either especially when the parking was bad or had a trailer. I was always self employed which was easy not to work weekends. It seems like the weekends if you have them you can catch up on family time and sleep. I can remember leaving my wife with a crying baby, dishes in the sink, laundry to do while dropping one off to school. It’s part of raising a family. It gets better and you will get better organized as you go.Keep us posted!

This week has definitely been easier for me. Jr didn't have hogs to load or as many milking shifts. But his days are full as ever, just not conflicting with my sleep. Little Peanut is more restless, wants to be held 24-7. But another month or two or three, it will be better.
My bright eyed Peanut
20221204_082547.jpg

And telling daddy she is not happy with how he is holding her.

20221203_073141.jpg

I had a huge surprise this week. We had gone out to our local fire station for their appreciation supper. Knew it was going to be good eating and camaraderie. And a couple members got awards for the years of service they had put in. And then they said my name for the firefighter of the year award. What a shock! Never would have guessed I was getting that much done.
20221220_200517.jpg

I had a huge surprise this week. We had gone out to our local fire station for their appreciation supper. Knew it was going to be good eating and camaraderie. And a couple members got awards for the years of service they had put in. And then they said my name for the firefighter of the year award. What a shock! Never would have guessed I was getting that much done.
View attachment 63567
Congrats!

Congratulations!

View attachment 63567
Either you are doing awesome, or everyone else is slacking. Either way, congrats.

Either you are doing awesome, or everyone else is slacking. Either way, congrats.
Thanks. I told my Dad about it and he asked if there is no competition that I got it. My 80 year old neighbor has been the handyman caretaker of the fire company for longer than any member can remember. And he has said it is time to retire. After a couple months of looking for a replacement, I decided I could help them out with it. And making that commitment was huge relief for the chief.

We made it too a plow day last weekend. 27 big tractors and 7 garden tractors. A fun day. Jr got it right up to the neighbors yard who was out telling him to get right up to the property line.

Attachments

• 20230408_091956.jpg
    20230408_091956.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20230408_111134.jpg
    20230408_111134.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 5
Back