Hill Top adventures

Still priming cabinets.... Paint shop was open yesterday. Girl in there said that this kind of paint does not stop any bleeding of stains. Which I got quite a few spots where it did come through the primer coat. So another coat or two of primer before paint. Getting sick of painting now. JR grabbed a chance to get out of the h ok house today by riding along with a neighbor trucker. Rain again today, so easy just to stay indoors.

Itll be worth the effort in the end. Although I loath painting as well.

When i do projects at home I'm always great at the big jobs. Frame it up. Drywall. Mud. Texture ceiling. Electrical work. Flooring.

It's the painting and trim work that eat my soul....

many years ago me another kid got stuck painting a large office building when work was slow, he was the son of professional painter.
the company bought all the supplies, so I grabbed the tape for the trim and the kid yelled and stopped me. never use tape!, learn how to paint/cut. he showed me a few steps/techniques with holding the brush. after that I never used tape again.

many years ago me another kid got stuck painting a large office building when work was slow, he was the son of professional painter.
the company bought all the supplies, so I grabbed the tape for the trim and the kid yelled and stopped me. never use tape!, learn how to paint/cut. he showed me a few steps/techniques with holding the brush. after that I never used tape again.
I somewhat have learned some of that. My hands are not steady enough to go completely without taping off. Painting is an art to learn! At least to make it look nice.... And I have an eye for perfection beyond my abilities.

I used to be able to cut in decently. Doubt I could keep the paint on the same wall now!

JR is trying to keep himself occupied today. Got a mower out to mow but I could barely see a difference where he did and didn't do.
0327201532.jpg

And he built an out door run for his chickens so they can enjoy the yard also.
0327201532a.jpg

I went out today after being cleared from quarantine. TP and cleaning products were still slim but everything else in the store was pretty stocked. I was impressed. Lots of meat, dairy, bread, ect.
I assumed by now the demand would have evened out. But as of 8 this evening we are under a stay at home order. Might be the second round of panic buying.

We stopped in the local grocer tonight, needed whip and macadamia nuts for making Golden Cadillacs. Wife came around the corner with a pack of tp. I asked her if they were fully stocked, she replied she got one of the last ones. I made her put it back.
There are folks out there living week to week on their pay. Or, worse yet, dwindling funds. If they didn’t have much before this shit blew up, and they haven’t found any since, they’re probably using paper towels by now.
Save some for the next guy, we’ll live.
Same with the sanitizer. And the bread. And the bleach. And the meat. And the milk.

It was almost every in that store. Weird, quiet, odd how there was a run on certain things. Prepackaged ground beef cleaned out, flour, but plenty of milk. Very few employees on the floor for a Fri evening.

Got the second coat of primer on all 47 doors and drawer fronts today. Planning to start paint Mon. My weaker left arm which is my preferred tool hand is ouchy tonight. Things were going good last night so I worked late and got an early start this morning. A couple hours too many holding a paint brush.
0328200840.jpg

Back