Hoping to Build This Soon.

It sounds like the Van Sickle paint formula is designed for slower drying so the Naptha will be slowed a bit because of that. If you don't have it painted yet, hope you get a day below 90F like they recommend!

DAC

And the trailer saga continues! Jacked it back up and got the underside coated with Ospho. Even coated the steel ramps I have. They will be painted either Red or something light colored. Too hot and humid for much else. Wind is nearly calm right now. WU says it feels like 122F out there!

Got a question for all the HVLP gun users. How do you paint a horizontal surface 2' above the ground (ie: bottom of trailer)? Gun tip with cup attached is about 7-8" below level. How do you paint upwards? I'm thinking it ain't gonna happen!

Many options there, but I cannot spray it here. Have to go elsewhere and options decrease! Trying to figure out how to spray down into the lip at the bottom of the 4" channel tongue.

You should have no problem spraying horizontal. I have always painted floor of pickup box. You will be adjusting your spray nozzle for the 4" channel to a narrower pattern. You can spray any direction, I painted underside of floor of project car I'd sandblasted. You'll have to be properly covered up when painting floor as the paint tends to bounce back depending on the pressure your gun requires to decently atomize the paint. You could always jack up side of trailer to make spraying easier,... take your time. I'm sure you have read the instructions on your spray gun:thumbs:

You should have no problem spraying horizontal. I have always painted floor of pickup box. You will be adjusting your spray nozzle for the 4" channel to a narrower pattern. You can spray any direction, I painted underside of floor of project car I'd sandblasted. You'll have to be properly covered up when painting floor as the paint tends to bounce back depending on the pressure your gun requires to decently atomize the paint. You could always jack up side of trailer to make spraying easier,... take your time. I'm sure you have read the instructions on your spray gun:thumbs:
I planned to get a Tyvek suit to wear. Main part is it's going to be up to the horizontal.

Back