Need a Garden Tractor

That sure looks like a good 3410. I have a 3410 3 speed and wish it was hydro.

To answer your questions in your profile, I bought a new 2210 Simplicity in 1968 after using my landlords. I got the 3410 in 1996 to work the yard of the house I was having built. I currently have 4 Simplicitys and 1 AC and will be getting a B 10 AC next week.

Ok so i talked to the guy with the landlord... now he talk kind of fast and I was trying to jot things down on a piece of paper but I didn't get it all. So if I say something wrong correct me lol

Steering wheel is broken
The vickers hydro wouldnt even hold oil when he got it. Im told he took it to a machine shop and had pintle bored out and new bushings pushed in, but that it is still leaking but not as bad.

Something about speed controller adustment?? and id have to hold a lever to keep it moving??

Something with the right side of the axle, a differential leaking..hi pro keys worn out?

When i asked him if i could mow all year w it he wouldnt say it can, but couldn't say it wouldnt.

I think it's needing a little more work than I'm wanting to put into something right now.

Guy was honest and seemed to me like he really knows his stuff m, said he also has an AC-712 that might suit me better, but its not ready yet

Last edited:
Im 20ish mins from downtown St.louis...so im a cards and blues fan lol.

I might be looking at/buying the 3410H Landlord today.

I saw this in the pic tho. Looks like black iron gas pipe and some elecrical box conduit nuts?? View attachment 14915
I'm not a Cub fan either. White Sox and bears only, here though I don't mind watching the Lions or the chiefs. Despise the cowboys.

Sounds like that Landlord is way past its prime. I believe it must be totally worn out with those issues mentioned. I'd pass unless its $50.

Tried to contact the guy with the 127 again, its on FB marketplace so i can see when he sees my messages. He didnt respond a week ago, still not responding today. Cmon people "Im Interested in the tractor, is it still available?" is a really easy question to answer.... smh

Not a true Bolens as it was built by MTD after they bought Bolens. It's the same machine me as a TroyBuilt model, just paint change.

Also it's a lawn tractor, not a ground engaging heavy duty garden tractor.

It will make a decent lawn mowing machine.

Bolens isnt a true GTso pass there

If I can have any luck getting in contact with the guy. And if its still available and a solid machine, I'm planning on buying the 7117 Wednesday evening if the guy can meet.
00x0x_8Gl7MtHWnp3_1200x900.jpg

Hes asking 700, i was thinking of offering him 500 or 550. What do you guys think?

Therr are a couple Deutz Allis 917s in my area as well. Seems they are similar to the 7117.
64558688_480581639345461_3566225884056649728_n.jpg

Last edited:
Simplicity at one time was owned by Allis Chalmers and sold tractors branded as Allis Chalmers, Simplicity, Home Lite, Montgomery Wards and J.C. Penny's. It's the same tractor with different paint.

The 917 is a nice heavy tractor, I had one in the AC colors, that should have the series II Kohler twin. All Simplicity built machines are well known for leaving a nice finished cut.

Going to look at a DA 917 Wed evening, im told everything is good on it, nothing wrong. It just doesn't get used anymore....the 7117 guy hasnt responded, nor the other 917 nor the cub 127 guy. Im about to message all of them with a picture of their asking price in cash and not reply to them if they say anything.

Ive had a few DA here and one thing Ive noticed is that that green paint does not fade as bad as the Simplicity orange does.... still have a couple Simplicity built rear steer mowers here.... those are one of my personal favorite mowers.

059.JPG

Back