NTM Case 224

Head AND butt scratching---that's some deep thinking, Kenny---LOL! I'm watching this stuff close too as I'm sure weight will be required on the front of the MF1450.

I'm not sure what you need for a spool valve but I have this two spool valve. I think it's brand new but levers would have to be fabricated.
DSCN3138.JPG

DAC

Head AND butt scratching---that's some deep thinking, Kenny---LOL! I'm watching this stuff close too as I'm sure weight will be required on the front of the MF1450.

I'm not sure what you need for a spool valve but I have this two spool valve. I think it's brand new but levers would have to be fabricated.
View attachment 37718

DAC
The valve must be capable of at least 8 GPM and have 5/8 or 3/4 fitting on the feed and return. My existing return is 3/4, so I don't want to restrict that.

New valve showed up today. Done some major cleaning under there and pulled the old one out. Took several hours to get the oil drained, kept dripping.
DSCN0100.JPG

New valve installed to a point. Found out it had 05 JIC fittings. None of those here. Had to order 05 male o-ring to 06 JIC fittings. They'll be here tomorrow.
DSCN0101.JPG

Good news- got the new fittings installed and the travel motor lines hooked up. Got a good start on the lift handle assembly. Waiting on more parts for that.

Bad news- got the steering wheel off, at least the plastic part. Steel hub was rusted to shaft. Had to cut it off. Working on a replacement wheel.

Got some things done today. First off is the steering wheel. This is what I have to work with:
DSCN0103.JPG

Found this hub today at TSC:
DSCN0104.JPG DSCN0105.JPG

It's 1-1/8" OD at the small dia. 1-7/16" on the big end. Now to figure how to install that into this good looking wheel:
DSCN0106.JPG

My drill press is not up to the task:
DSCN0108.JPG

Did get the lift lever installed:
DSCN0109.JPG

I'll use this wheel for now:
DSCN0110.JPG

Oh, mine are both electric, but we’re manual when new. Engagement handle is on the left side of the dash tower.

Noel

Attachments

• 27879560-16F1-45AD-A9F1-CD8B9FBD93BD.jpeg
    27879560-16F1-45AD-A9F1-CD8B9FBD93BD.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 01FF24B4-7199-438A-81CB-CF91DAB47E6E.png
    01FF24B4-7199-438A-81CB-CF91DAB47E6E.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
SUCCESS!!!!! :thumbs: I got everything buttoned up this morning. Lowered the jack and topped the hydraulic tank with fresh 15W40 oil. Put the battery in and fired it up. Left it in Neutral and cycled all the hydraulics. Shut it off and checked fluid level, put in another 3/4 qt. which is about a half tank. Started back up and put it in low range. Reverse works as it should. :D Drove it a bit and put it in High . Drove some more. Now to put the rest of the 3-point on there and it's ready to work!

Back