So,,,,,,,, the Beepin potatoe bugs have started.

10 bugs today. I expect million babies in about week or so. The left over potatoes that were in last years garden that I grassed over are doin better than the ones I planted this year. Be a dozen or more have come up.

Noel
Got to love those volunteers that grow so well with no effort on your part. I have a dozen sunflowers already waist high from last years spot. Its weird because the peas and the trellis are now in that plot. I had a bad last year getting those sunflowers to take off, not this year. Glad you are blessed with the 'extras' too!

BTW, in 2020, to fill a COSTCO shopping cart was $155. Today, $475. $70 of it was just paper goods !!! DW said we'll be switching more towards hand towels instead of paper towels. Cheaper to run the laundry than buying paper goods. Glad she didn't say pull out the old paper used-car magazine flyers we get each week for bathroom uses.

I would say that was a way to not waste any thing. Eat the potatoe and plant the skin.

My aunt, who was 90 when she died a couple of years ago, would always say,
I don’t know how people get along that are wasteful !

Noel

So, remember I said a million babies with in the next week last week. Well it’s started. Found two leaves with eggs and one plant covered in babies. And 31 adult bugs.
So there it starts. For you guys growing potatoes, lucky you, if you don’t have any potatoe bugs. I may give it up next year. I’ve killed so many 1000’s of bugs in the last number of many years, you wouldn’t think there’d be any left. Hehe.

Noel

Attachments

• CDC0E949-9889-434C-A10F-4584C987FAF9.jpeg
    CDC0E949-9889-434C-A10F-4584C987FAF9.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 9
We have a lot of volunteer tomato plants around the plant. I will spare the details on how they get here---LOL!

DAC
Same here Doug you would think we planted tomatoes everywhere, last year it was cucumbers. Our pepper plants have had tomatoes coming up all around the plant. I know it’s from the compost. The problem is our peppers have been struggling and peppers and tomatoes are not companion plants.

Same here Doug you would think we planted tomatoes everywhere, last year it was cucumbers. Our pepper plants have had tomatoes coming up all around the plant. I know it’s from the compost. The problem is our peppers have been struggling and peppers and tomatoes are not companion plants.
The "plant" I am talking about is the "Wastewater Treatment Facility" (WTF) where I work, Jim. Now you may be able to guess where the tomato seeds come from---LOL!

DAC

Back