So,,,,,,,, the Beepin potatoe bugs have started.

I had bought stuff from them for ants Jim. So they tell me that the same stuff will kill potato bugs. It is a water based product. I have not tried it yet. But I know it works well on the ants. We’ve been using it on them for years. So I’d say it will do in the potato bugs. I just gotta get my behind in first gear and do it. Along with all the other stuff to do. My main mowing tractor is broke down and haven’t looked at that yet. I’d say I’m gunna have to dig out of storage another tractor.

Noel

I had bought stuff from them for ants Jim. So they tell me that the same stuff will kill potato bugs. It is a water based product. I have not tried it yet. But I know it works well on the ants. We’ve been using it on them for years. So I’d say it will do in the potato bugs. I just gotta get my behind in first gear and do it. Along with all the other stuff to do. My main mowing tractor is broke down and haven’t looked at that yet. I’d say I’m gunna have to dig out of storage another tractor.

Noel
I know it’s been hard for me to function in this heat. I haven’t been to the garden in three days. I’ll need a lift to drag the squash and zucchini out. Hope you get it fixed that’s why we own so many tractors. My friends can’t figure out why I have so many. These ole girls need backups. I have a neighbor that can barely see me in the winter time. She said I could ride a different tractor everyday of the week. That’s a good thing.

Noel
As much rain as you have been getting, that grass is probably growing like crazy too, Noel! Hope you get another one going while you fix the primary one. Seems like you have a few around, but I might be thinking of at your son's place too.

That water base bug killer probably can't be applied until it is dry for a couple days?

DAC

As much rain as you have been getting, that grass is probably growing like crazy too, Noel! Hope you get another one going while you fix the primary one. Seems like you have a few around, but I might be thinking of at your son's place too.

That water base bug killer probably can't be applied until it is dry for a couple days?

DAC

Yes Doug, it is at my sons place, and the grass is growing here and at his place
Lots of rain here yesterday. Our Plow match is only about 4 weeks away. So hopefully we still will get a few rains between now and then. Don’t want the ground hard as cement. The way it’s going, rain and not real hot, I think it’s going to be good.
I’m gunna try and get the mtd green thing out. I think. 42” deck in stead of the Fords 48” deck.
The bug spray should be ok for light rains the fella said. A down pour rain like yesterday, you would have to reapply the spray.

Noel

Attachments

• 1D842CDF-0C98-4423-B056-B5E55D33CA4E.jpeg
    1D842CDF-0C98-4423-B056-B5E55D33CA4E.jpeg
    201.4 KB · Views: 5
Yes Doug, it is at my sons place, and the grass is growing here and at his place
Lots of rain here yesterday. Our Plow match is only about 4 weeks away. So hopefully we still will get a few rains between now and then. Don’t want the ground hard as cement. The way it’s going, rain and not real hot, I think it’s going to be good.
I’m gunna try and get the mtd green thing out. I think. 42” deck in stead of the Fords 48” deck.
The bug spray should be ok for light rains the fella said. A down pour rain like yesterday, you would have to reapply the spray.

Noel
You’ve been holding out on us. I haven’t seen this one. These little guys are handy to have around for a backup.

Well I been lazy looking after the bugs. Been 4 day since I checked them. Still have not put any spray or soapy water on them yet ! Any way. Lazy I guess. A couple of adults and about 50 babies. Bugs are nowhere near as bad as last year.
First row is red Norland potatoes. Might pull a plant and see if there’s a feed.

Noel

Attachments

• 6B710350-9854-4AD6-9D8C-826A934DB4E7.jpeg
    6B710350-9854-4AD6-9D8C-826A934DB4E7.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 3
Woo hoo. Fresh potatoes today. And red ones at that. One plant.

Fair amount of bugs today. But not as bad as yesterday. Did some weed tilling today also.

So not really sure on the date of when I ate my last potatoes grown from last year. But I’m guessin about 2 months since last years to this years today.

Noel

Oh. And had a couple dozen raspberries for a nice snack.

Attachments

• 61E2DA58-AE01-45F9-93B4-DBCB1A42A773.jpeg
    61E2DA58-AE01-45F9-93B4-DBCB1A42A773.jpeg
    460.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 1B5C41C1-0F4D-443E-AE5E-EA7D47CBBD76.jpeg
    1B5C41C1-0F4D-443E-AE5E-EA7D47CBBD76.jpeg
    441.8 KB · Views: 8
  • F05D11B0-AD45-436A-9801-0845C3BAAD5A.jpeg
    F05D11B0-AD45-436A-9801-0845C3BAAD5A.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 7
So not much of a story time on the bugs this year, sadly for you guys that like to read my foolish goings on about the bugs, but it’s good for me. Bugs are slowing down a bit.
Dug a couple of red potatoe plants yesterday. So that’s tonite’s supper. Along with some fish.

Noel

Attachments

• 7F2C1FCE-323E-4A62-A7CB-B285A580A801.jpeg
    7F2C1FCE-323E-4A62-A7CB-B285A580A801.jpeg
    502.3 KB · Views: 5
Back