What are you currently working on??

Yeah I do all I can to avoid chinesium

That’s very hard to do. Most things no matter what, seems to come from there.

We even where I live, in our grocery stores had fruit salad in the plastic containers that say, Product of china. The same fruit salad in the metal can say, USA. Go figure. Maybe means the container. Who would know

One I saw on some thing the other day, can’t remember what it was, not food, but it said, Responsibly made in china.

Theres my mini rant for today. Hehe.

Noel

Found the old 8mm camera while more shop re-arranging. Has over 1 hour recorded starting with my 5 YO grandson's 2011 1st grade graduation. Who knows what else in on here. Recording to DVD right now.

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 7
Found the old 8mm camera while more shop re-arranging. Has over 1 hour recorded starting with my 5 YO grandson's 2011 1st grade graduation. Who knows what else in on here. Recording to DVD right now.
That's really cool to find those memories, Larry! What type of setup is that? I've looked at some on the net that is basically wire adapters to a vcr, thn a PC with a dvd burner is required. Think I'd rather have a machine like yours. Got several vcr tapes from back in the late 1980's, early 1990's that my Dad recorded of my son and daughter. I've got vcr players but hate to spend the bucks on a dvd recorder without knowing any thing about them!

Thanks in advance!

DAC

My electronics are over 10 years old. The current cam corder is 8mm analog tape, I had a VHS camcorder before this. I fed it into a Magnovox DVD burner also over 10 years old. I used it to put all my VHS tapes on DVD a long time ago. Never had an issue with this DVD recorder. The video came out fine.

My electronics are over 10 years old. The current cam corder is 8mm analog tape, I had a VHS camcorder before this. I fed it into a Magnovox DVD burner also over 10 years old. I used it to put all my VHS tapes on DVD a long time ago. Never had an issue with this DVD recorder. The video came out fine.
I'm going to search for something like that, Larry. Sounds like exactly what I would like to get. Thanks! I know the vhs tapes still work, I try to play them now and then still.

DAC

Wow! I just looked up the one I have. Over $500. I think I payed 2 something way back then.
That looks like it's been a good machine for you, but I will probably end up getting one of those computer ones. That kind of money is a bit out of my range. That $500 one also said it was a "refurbished" one, not brand new!

Thanks for the link, Larry there's other leads to follow on it too!

DAC

I remember I bought mine at the Military PX while stationed in Panama. Could be why it was cheeper. Yes, it has been reliable over the years. I can't remember ever botching a DVD on it.

The head gasket kit for the '95 Camry got here today, soooo I guess my weekend is now planned! Brought it in the shop tonight, before the possible snow but too tired after work to tear into it now.

DAC

My 95 2 Dr Camry is parked for the time being. Still contlaping on replaceing all the suspension bushings, or selling.
Yeah I hear you, Larry. Kind of hard to justify the work. Parts are pretty cheap, and we got the car in 2007 for free. It's been a good beater so I figured I'd give it one more shot at life! Guess I could just drive it 'till the engine seizes or tosses a rod, but one never knows where that will happen at---LOL! This one only has 180,000 on it.

DAC

Was really feeling under the weather today, but finally worked up the gumption to go out to the shop and start tearing into that Camry. It's fighting me every step of the way! Pretty frustrating since I've been through some of it before when I replaced the timing belt a few years ago! Really fighting getting the brackets and timing covers off that side!

DAC

Last evening I was starting the woodstove, and my wife asked if it is supposed to be giving a cloud of black smoke.... Uh, no, crap, that is a roar in the chimney. Flames shooting out the top. That was the fastest I ever set up a ladder. So today was cleaning up after that. And the things on the to do list got pushed back.

No tractors need work. But I did work on button up the engine swap, belt drive install, and motor spacers on the coleman minibike. Finalized everything and installed the new suspension front end. Next will he to tear it all down so I can get it powder coated. Purple frame and pink blower shroud. Adeline picked the color combo.

Its a little ripper now. Intake kit, header, jet kit, bullet flywheel, and stiffer valve springs. Itll run 44mph and throw me off from a dead stop.

I bought a Coleman CT200U-ex from tractor supply a month ago. Regularly $700, I paid $349. Story was the guy bought it, had it a week, rode it twice and then it would not start. I got it home, it had no spark. Swapped in a new spark plug and it fired on the first pull....SCORE!! I may upgrade the clutch to a torque convertor eventually if I can stomach spending the money. From the looks of the missing bolts/nuts, the guy didn't know anything mechanically when he assembled it.

I bought a Coleman CT200U-ex from tractor supply a month ago. Regularly $700, I paid $349. Story was the guy bought it, had it a week, rode it twice and then it would not start. I got it home, it had no spark. Swapped in a new spark plug and it fired on the first pull....SCORE!! I may upgrade the clutch to a torque convertor eventually if I can stomach spending the money. From the looks of the missing bolts/nuts, the guy didn't know anything mechanically when he assembled it.

I got mine on sale at Walmart for 399.00 2 summers ago.

They are a blast. I bought the torque convertor from Amazon for 59.99. Need a 1" spacer under the motor, and a little bit of chain to get it together.

That looks like it's been a good machine for you, but I will probably end up getting one of those computer ones. That kind of money is a bit out of my range. That $500 one also said it was a "refurbished" one, not brand new!

Thanks for the link, Larry there's other leads to follow on it too!

DAC
I bought a JVC , DVD/VHS recorder player several years ago. Refurbished for around $125 off eBay. Bought the extended warranty and a month later it died. Sent it to the warranty place on their nickle. They replaced it with a brand new unit. Used it several time transferring tapes to DVD. Been sitting idle for 4 or 5 years now but did a nice job when we used it.

I have a Murray minibike that I bought when my kid was about 10, paid $700 for it in about 2002-2003. 3 or 3-1/2 hp tecumseh, regular centrifugal clutch. I got it from a place near me called Big R, it was a tractor supply type of place. A couple of years later I heard that someone I knew got paid by the local Wal Mart to go on and dismantle/destroy a couple of these that they had in stock, it was like a couple months after he had to do this, and all was gone from them.i need a couple of parts for it that are now made of unobtanium. Mostly back brake parts. It's been in the shed for several years since it has been outgrown, but now that my son has a kid of his own it will probably come out and I'll have to adapt something else to it so it can stop without a tree in the way.

While delivering some shelves to my Daughter, She had this in her yard. I snagged it as I can use it for my hose. It gets twisted up every time I pull it out to the Shop to do cleaning or run the pressure washer. Looks like all I need is a couple Tires and a hose swivel coupling. I had to get creative removing the old coupling.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 7
  • 2a.jpg
    2a.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 8
I have a Murray minibike that I bought when my kid was about 10, paid $700 for it in about 2002-2003. 3 or 3-1/2 hp tecumseh, regular centrifugal clutch. I got it from a place near me called Big R, it was a tractor supply type of place. A couple of years later I heard that someone I knew got paid by the local Wal Mart to go on and dismantle/destroy a couple of these that they had in stock, it was like a couple months after he had to do this, and all was gone from them.i need a couple of parts for it that are now made of unobtanium. Mostly back brake parts. It's been in the shed for several years since it has been outgrown, but now that my son has a kid of his own it will probably come out and I'll have to adapt something else to it so it can stop without a tree in the way.

Murray track 2?

hqdefault.jpg

That has a honda clone on jt. But I had one of these with a tecumseh 3.5hp on it. It was a nice bike. Sold it off in a purge.

I do these a lot on bikes that have messed up brakes. They work great. Only downfall is if you lose your chain your lose your brakes.

You can make one yourself and save a lot.

Back