What are you currently working on??

Put a new carb on the sears snow blower this afternoon. Tried cleaning the OEM twice last fall and it still had to be 2/3 choke to run and would not idle. New one runs like a champ. Tomorrow the Cub 1650 gets its turn in the shop. Oil change and new bearings in the drive shaft. May go with a u-joint on the front.

Worked on the freebie Jeep some today to find out why it quit running! I'm calling it the "Freep". Cleaned all the ground wires and cables. still no start. Decided it might be fuel. Took the air filter box off and gave it a shot of ether. Fired right off! Squirted some gas into it and that fired off fine too! Went ahead and ordered a fuel pump and filter. The darn tank is full so after watching some videos including one "short cut" video, I'm going to do it all wrong and cut an access hole in the spare tire tub to get at the top of the fuel tank above the pump. This thing is a work beater and already has 221,000 so some things need to be done faster to keep it running. Wouldn't get crap out of it if it was to be sold so just as well do this stuff easy as possible.

DAC

Sounds like my adventures with the 95 Camry with 312000 miles. Good luck.
Thanks Larry! Just sold our '95 Camry last month. Only had 180,000 on it. Bad head gasket. Got $300 bucks. When I replaced the fuel pump in it that job was so simple! Pull out the back seat, pull a few screws and there was fuel pump access! Don't look like Jeep learned a damm thing anout that kind of stuff!

DAC

Not only Jeep. Lot of other vehicles are set up to drop the tank to replace the fuel pump. Be careful about those Jeep vehicles. One series of motors have a notorious issue of leaking oil and repair parts are a long list away. Local mehanic has had one parked inis shop for 3 months waiting. Last time it got the O ring kits he order 3 because two mail carriers have Jeeps with that same motor. One just had issues and the dealer ended up getting her into a new vehicle at a real good price.

Several years ago before I retired I made a bunch of those critters. Also made several different action type windmills. Washer woman, kicking mule, etc. Also did a lot of scroll saw work. Lot of fun and don't take much room or equipment. Those will look good out in the flower garden. I think Dotti is giving you that evil eye.

Not only Jeep. Lot of other vehicles are set up to drop the tank to replace the fuel pump. Be careful about those Jeep vehicles. One series of motors have a notorious issue of leaking oil and repair parts are a long list away. Local mehanic has had one parked inis shop for 3 months waiting. Last time it got the O ring kits he order 3 because two mail carriers have Jeeps with that same motor. One just had issues and the dealer ended up getting her into a new vehicle at a real good price.
You can get the o rings and such from aftermarket places like fel pro and victor/mahle.
I think that was on the old 4.0 inline 6, and it's really an easy fix.

You can get the o rings and such from aftermarket places like fel pro and victor/mahle.
I think that was on the old 4.0 inline 6, and it's really an easy fix.

Every 4.0 I owned leaked oil from somewhere. I assumed it was a design feature not a flaw....kept everything lubed and fought rust.

I often wondered if those engines even needed oil. Those things were the toughest engines ever built.

Every 4.0 I owned leaked oil from somewhere. I assumed it was a design feature not a flaw....kept everything lubed and fought rust.

I often wondered if those engines even needed oil. Those things were the toughest engines ever built.

I had an 88 Cherokee with the five speed manual that I put over 350,000 miles on it. Ran like a top. Every once in a while, it wouldn’t start. I’d bleed gas from the rail and it would fire up without an issue. I regret selling it. The manuals bring a lot of money around here now.

I had an 88 Cherokee with the five speed manual that I put over 350,000 miles on it. Ran like a top. Every once in a while, it wouldn’t start. I’d bleed gas from the rail and it would fire up without an issue. I regret selling it. The manuals bring a lot of money around here now.
Very rare to see any Cherokee on the road here. They were all turned into off roaders.

Several years ago before I retired I made a bunch of those critters. Also made several different action type windmills. Washer woman, kicking mule, etc. Also did a lot of scroll saw work. Lot of fun and don't take much room or equipment. Those will look good out in the flower garden. I think Dotti is giving you that evil eye.

I've made some of the animated ones in the past, cow milker, wood sawyer & others. Ought to make some more now that I have more time on my hands!

Ordered more mini bike parts....billet rod, flat top piston, billet flywheel, cam, and valve springs.

I picked up another bike from rural king today. My project bike has gotten a little wild for the kids to ride on with me....

My dad rode it today and he said it's too much for him. Small bike 10ish hp and 5k rpm it flat out rips. It probably wouldn't feel so fast if it was on a real motorcycle frame...

Wait, you never asked for my address to send me those parts :D:D

I rode mine a couple weeks ago, man those big tires make it float everywhere. I really need a TC on it.

Back