What are you currently working on??

Figuring out how to put the chains on Old Girl tomorrow.
Ok, I went out and found the chains and a dolly to put the mower deck on. Couple questions on installing the chains as the last time I messed with chains was 40 years ago in Korea putting them on a Duse and a 1/2.
1. Is there a front or back, I mean as pictured can they be flipped over and still be installed?
2. I assume the comments I put on the picture is correct.
3. Let the air out of the tire before putting the chain on?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 8
Yes your picture is correct. Connect the inside part first. I don't know if it's necessary or not but I always let about half the psi out of the tire when I put my chains on. Then refill after the chain is connected. Just seems easier that way to me.

jhn9840
John

Worked on our trailblazer yesterday, poured about a quart of fuel oil in the crankcase, ran for 8-10 mins. When I drained it, I did get some sludge looking junk come out. Installed new oil filter, 7 quarts of fresh 10w30....now I loose oil pressure quicker than before, not sure what I screwed up. Guess I will be waiting to weather breaks and tear into it to clean pickup and replace oil pump, going to dread this job.
Then came in and started prepping the floor to lay new LVP in our bedroom (my mom's old family room).

Just saying hi I'm new to the Forum I rebuilt my JCPenney GT 3 years ago I found it in a field It had been sitting in for about eight years it came with the 52 in mower deck that I don't use and a bunch of other attachments but I made it scraper blade for it to clean the horse Arena

Attachments

• 20210216_092125.jpg
    20210216_092125.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 8
Putting new sliding door on the closet in the master bedroom. Originally the closet was 69" wide. They put two 24" sliding doors on flush to one end. Left a 21" area behind a wall that was basically useless as couldn't get to it. Finished opening will allow two 36" sliding doors to lap about 4". When they put the floor joist in they never looked to get the crown up. Have two in the kitchen area and found two right under the front edge of the closet with the crown down. Will take some shimming to get a square opening & level place to anchor the bottom track.

Came home to our freezer starting to thaw meat.
Has to empty it and found the coil and fan were full of ice. Spent a good hour with a heat gun thawing it out and cleaning while it was empty. Good thing fan started spinning when I thawed the ice around it, saved about $600 worth of meat, another 24 hrs and the top shelved would have been thawed

Came home to our freezer starting to thaw meat.
Has to empty it and found the coil and fan were full of ice. Spent a good hour with a heat gun thawing it out and cleaning while it was empty. Good thing fan started spinning when I thawed the ice around it, saved about $600 worth of meat, another 24 hrs and the top shelved would have been thawed
My insurance added coverage for lost products in fridge or freezer, no stipulating why. Don't take much meat to get to $600 any more. Glad you caught it in time.

Had to fix dishwasher..was not draining. The red thing is a lock ring off plastic jug...it got in and broke the shaft on grinding wheel ahead of screen. Caused the screen to plug up and machine not drain. I learned it is common occurrence and the appliance repair shop had one in stock for $40. Its a simple fix,,,obviously since I performed the task.

Attachments

• 2107797A-CD32-42EF-B390-7274A6EA9CE7.jpeg
    2107797A-CD32-42EF-B390-7274A6EA9CE7.jpeg
    295.3 KB · Views: 7
  • EE91FAAB-9E89-467A-B8B5-01753F4C1C54.jpeg
    EE91FAAB-9E89-467A-B8B5-01753F4C1C54.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 7
  • B78263B9-8B46-406B-BA1D-712F7A139AC9.jpeg
    B78263B9-8B46-406B-BA1D-712F7A139AC9.jpeg
    140 KB · Views: 6
The last 2 weeks I've been working on getting my butt groove worn into the couch. Too cold and too much snow to try to accomplish anything.

I have a dozen good sized limbs off the pine tree in the yard to clean up, garden to get ready and some other outside maintenance to do. But it can and will all wait for spring.

Also when the weather warms up I have my 2 bikes to fine tune for riding season and my motorcycle to service and get the battery back in.

Unloaded the Range load of wood into the mud room for fireplace wood storage. Pulled the spliter, flat tire and ll up to the wood pile. Dolly wheel was froze down so had to jerk it loose. Will jockey it into position at the wood pile and split some smaller stuff for fire starting. Will see how that old Briggs will fire off in the cold. Hasen't been run for over a month.

More parts showed up today for the Coleman minibike. Cone air filter. Adapter. Non epa carburetor that is bored, a jet kit, 18lb valve springs

Maybe I'll get off the couch and put that together.

Should have the little 6.5 predator reving to about 5000rpm and putting out close to 10hp.

Fun building bikes again. I havent done a minibike in years!

Good old Briggs fired the first pull. Warmed it up a bit. Put the belt to the pump on and one pull again and away we went. Split up 3 flats of 2" size for fire starting. Use small cedar pieces for starting stuff.

Had some household chores to do and tried help the kid and his Dad load up the old Camry to go to it's new home in Wyoming. They were bickering quite a bit so I left and did my own thing.

Worked on the MF1450 for a while too.

DAC

good by camry2.JPG

More parts showed up today for the Coleman minibike. Cone air filter. Adapter. Non epa carburetor that is bored, a jet kit, 18lb valve springs

Maybe I'll get off the couch and put that together.

Should have the little 6.5 predator reving to about 5000rpm and putting out close to 10hp.

Fun building bikes again. I havent done a minibike in years!

I need your parts list LOL.
Actually I will probably only swap over to a TC and just play with it, maybe change gearing a little or mod the linkages/governor.

Back