What are you currently working on??

A while back i glommed onto a pair of 26x12x12 turf tires. Have been looking ever since for a pair of 10" wide rims to put them on.
I just got a pair of rims with atv tires on them. the tires were ruined by gouges in the side walls. the rims were originally 7" that were cut apart and had a 3" piece welded in. They seemed to have done a good job widening the rims so I'm going to mount my tires on them. First I had to remove all the rust, crud, and old paint. After using a wire brush on a 4" angle grinder , scouring brush, an old tooth brush and lots of parts cleaner, they got washed and set out to dry. I decided to use up some of the garage sale paint i got real cheap recently. The inside of the rims are painted with some partial cans of blue paint. Used the remains of 3 different shades of blue. ( Shades of Blue used to be a rock Band in the 60's) (Showing my age).
The exterior will be painted white with some more of the garage sale paint.

Attachments

• 20210911_104651.jpg
    20210911_104651.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210911_104655.jpg
    20210911_104655.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210911_104659.jpg
    20210911_104659.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210911_104707.jpg
    20210911_104707.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210912_165700.jpg
    20210912_165700.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210912_170317.jpg
    20210912_170317.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 7
Nothing as fun as tractors, cars or bikes. May have a motorcycle project on deck for the winter if the deal comes through. Trying to buy a salvage 2017 kawasaki Ninja 650. Light crash, fairings on right side scratched up, bars and controls are broke, but frame is supposed to be straight. Price is too good to be true.

Finished 4H at the fair with the 2 rabbits. Oldest placed 4th in showmanship, 2nd place with a mini lop buck, and 5th with a mixed breed Rex buck.

Took up way too much time. 7 days of going there every day to feed, water, and clean cages. Glad it's over!

Weird how my wife and kids projects become my project/problem!

My Simplicity 3415H isn’t charging the gen light stays on. The battery voltage doesn’t go up with high throttle. The starter generator is good so I took the voltage regulator off to clean the contacts. I put the VR back on and flashed it. I started it back up and still not charging. I guess I’ll be shopping for a new VR. Any suggestions on what brand is good. I’m sure most are from China.
9BC3B15A-3917-4905-9101-3A46B67B78DB.jpeg

Staining new doors for the house, replacing all the interior doors with Knotty alder. Have 2 coats on 4 of them, 1 coat so far on the other 2. Once everything is all caught up with 2 coats (had to put a 3rd coat of stain on 1 side of each of 2 of them to even out the color, these still had white blotches that made them look weathered) then I gotta start laying poly onto them. At least 2 coats. I only have 4 sets of sawhorses, and a pair of upside down garbage cans so I have more staining and varnishing to do, than stuff to set the pieces on to work at the same time.
Some of the new doors were just slabs and some came pre hung with new jambs. Veneered no less. Damn OSB just splintered when I took 2 of the 3 jambs apart to stain e. Looking for some alder 1 by 6s to make my own new jambs out of, I'd rather have real, (solid) wood for these doors to hang from. And ordering them that way would be 6 weeks or more of waiting, and more than double the cost of a pre hung.

Don't make sense veneered product would be cheaper, considering how much more work to veneer something vs just cutting them out of real wood in the 1st place

Staining new doors for the house, replacing all the interior doors with Knotty alder. Have 2 coats on 4 of them, 1 coat so far on the other 2. Once everything is all caught up with 2 coats (had to put a 3rd coat of stain on 1 side of each of 2 of them to even out the color, these still had white blotches that made them look weathered) then I gotta start laying poly onto them. At least 2 coats. I only have 4 sets of sawhorses, and a pair of upside down garbage cans so I have more staining and varnishing to do, than stuff to set the pieces on to work at the same time.
Some of the new doors were just slabs and some came pre hung with new jambs. Veneered no less. Damn OSB just splintered when I took 2 of the 3 jambs apart to stain e. Looking for some alder 1 by 6s to make my own new jambs out of, I'd rather have real, (solid) wood for these doors to hang from. And ordering them that way would be 6 weeks or more of waiting, and more than double the cost of a pre hung.

Don't make sense veneered product would be cheaper, considering how much more work to veneer something vs just cutting them out of real wood in the 1st place
I remember years ago building cabinets you could finish sand cabinet grade plywood for awhile to get a good surface for painting or staining. Now days the veneer is so thin you can’t do that.

Last edited:
My Simplicity 3415H isn’t charging the gen light stays on. The battery voltage doesn’t go up with high throttle. The starter generator is good so I took the voltage regulator off to clean the contacts. I put the VR back on and flashed it. I started it back up and still not charging. I guess I’ll be shopping for a new VR. Any suggestions on what brand is good. I’m sure most are from China.
View attachment 42235

Maybe an adjustment in those. Might make it work. Been a while since I had one of those apart.

Noel

View attachment 42235
Maybe this will help:

Attachments

• 1R-116Reg.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 5
Maybe this will help:
Thanks Kenny I have that downloaded on my desktop and was going to look at that today. Like Lance mentioned it’s been awhile since I’ve had one of these opened. I priced some last night the Delco Remy is about $80.+shipping and the China brands are about half that. If I can’t get this one adjusted I have a friend up the road might have a used one. I’ll probably be replacing the China brand again next year :eek: if I go that route.

Sad to say I have been very neglect in my care of the 48-M for my Homelite T-16 H. I started many years ago and got injured and set it aside. During that time a lot has transpired, not an excuse just life. I will get back on it this winter and get it done. Once done it will get mounted back on and will be used to mow once in a while.
We have been spending a lot of time getting the new shed done, expanding the mowable yard and cleaning the property as we go. Time consuming and labor intensive. Glad I'm doing it now that I am retired vs trying to do all this while working.
Hope you all have a great day and stay safe.

It’s a lot more difficult to achieve a random pattern than it should be.
I have done a lot of flooring over the years mostly by myself. It’s good to have a helper with a good eye for pattern to lay it down ahead of you but for me that hardly ever happened. In my later years being by myself was a good thing because I can only nail off a smaller area before having to straighten up and rest a moment. :p

Back