What are you currently working on??

Cleaned three decks and serviced the three tractors. Already for winter and already for next years grass cutting. Did the YT16H Ford, MF 7 and the Yardworks.
And did a little plowing with Grunt, was very wet. Was one small garden of my sister-in-law’s that didn’t get done, only 10’x 20’ maybe.

Noel

Attachments

• 988DF9F0-38C8-4A7B-A6B1-28C9CC16FFB3.jpeg
    988DF9F0-38C8-4A7B-A6B1-28C9CC16FFB3.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 6
Our daughter (the little girl in the avatar picture) came in to town yesterday for a work related art show. We went to that show last night with her so didn't get on the net.

Hung out in the house this morning and one of her old friends came over. They made pumpkin bread then went to visiting so then I went out to continue the scrap project. Got a lot of junk loaded.

Used the overhead crane to get that engine block off the stand, then fired up the MF1450 to drag the overhead crane outside. Scarred up my new gravel!
DSCN3822.JPG DSCN3823.JPG DSCN3824.JPG

Started getting some junk out of the sheds. Can almost see that old MTD Eight Hundred LT that I mowed with for 25 or 30 years. That's the same tractor daughter is playing on in the avatar.
DSCN3825.JPG

Does anyone want this head? I think it is the original one off the MF8E. Kohler 8 HP I think. Free!
DSCN3826.JPG DSCN3827.JPG

This bucket has a couple of starter/generators in it but i decided to hang on to them for some reason.
DSCN3828.JPG

I worked the MF1450 too hard I guess! It started running crappy again but I hauled a small block Chevy short block about 50 feet then It died---LOL!
I never even looked at the points on it yet since it came to live here. It has been running ok. The spark looks weak to me but it was almost dark so I didn't work on it any further tonight. I let the 3 point down and left it sitting. 3 point is still up in the pictures. As you can see it needed a little weight on the hood!
DSCN3829.JPG DSCN3830.JPG

Got so dark that the flash on the camera didn't light up the junk on the trailer well!
DSCN3831.JPG

DAC

Cleaned three decks and serviced the three tractors. Already for winter and already for next years grass cutting. Did the YT16H Ford, MF 7 and the Yardworks.
And did a little plowing with Grunt, was very wet. Was one small garden of my sister-in-law’s that didn’t get done, only 10’x 20’ maybe.

Noel
You were really productive today Noel!

I still need to change oil in the MF8E then I'm ready too. I only have to work on one tractor for winter prep right now---LOL! Still haven't done the trucks yet though.

DAC

mowed out at the barn, brought 2 project tractors home to be fixed up.
While out there, I put a deck on one of my GT19 Ariens for the 1st time since I have had it. It came to me without a deck, had a tiller mounted out back though. and tilling is all I have ever done with it since getting it home and running..... not very often, my son actually used it more this spring than I have in ~4 years of having the machine. I don't think it ever even got started once, last year. What a difference there can be between 2 of the (almost) same tractors.... 2 differences between this one and my other GT19 is this one don't have PS while the other one does.... and this one has a Series 1 and the one with PS has a Series II
and a huge difference between how they mow...... much because this one is quite stiff from non usage.... IDK how long this one sat before I got it either.

shifter needs work, barely crawls in reverse and in forward it gradually speeds up on its own and there's a "hangup" in the linkage when trying to pull the lever back towards neutral. I had a hard time getting the lift to switch over to front/mid lift from rear lift. I had to pull teh gas tank and get rough with a prybar..... my other GT19 is currently the better tractor. but it will be converted back to snow duty here within the next month or so.... I dont think Im done mowing. I had to replace the front bearing on the driveshaft stub that passes thru the front axle 2-3 mowings ago, should have done them both then (yeah I know) but the back one felt OK, wasnt noisey and I only had 1 here to be able to swap in..... I have 2 new ones here since then.... will probably change em both out when I swap to the snow blower....
also on the tiller tractor, the front PTO clutch is shot.... think it has a short inside.... but surprisingly that Series 1 runs good.... I did grab a different machine for the side hills.... (ditches) because i know Series 1 KT's don't like running like that.

I have teh Husquvarna home now for its engine transplant, and the Deere LT166 for (at least) a set of new/used tires that are supposed to at least "hold air", all new fuel lines, some wiring repairs to begin with....... I figure 1 more mowing out there this season// and hope to have these 2 machines ready to haul back out there, to store for winter but 1st for a test mow before putting them up...... as long as there are no "surprises" on either

I did get the 2 back tires swapped on the 166, once I got them home surprised the wheels came right off the rear axles..... was ready for a fight there.
I don't think I'll ever "not" hate, hand spooning these small tires onto their rims..... backs are 20x8.00X8.... fronts yet to go, 6" wheels there,,,,, getting them to seat w/o tubes is an even bigger pain than getting them peeled onto the wheels. one fought me to go onto the rim more than teh other/ the one that went on the rim easier fought me more in getting them to pop onto the bead.

You had a busy day too Doug. I’ve never seen a 8hp Kohler motor before in any thing I’ve come across. That MF 1450 is serving you well. I like the 3 point and the grate. Would be handy.

Noel

Still haven't done the trucks yet though.

DAC

I need to get on mine in the morning. Seeing as how the van is still parked right where it was 2 weeks ago. Going to pay him a visit in the morning and see what give. Have a couple trips towards the end of the week and want to be sure on a couple things. Belt hasn't been changed for a few years now, like maybe 4 or 5 ? Hoses have never been changed since I had it.

My wife seen some school lockers for free back in the winter on Market Place. She called and the girl said they were on the side of the road for free just come and get them. This was close to 9pm I jumped in the truck and drove about five miles from our house and they were still there. They have been in the shed since then. I got them out the other day and sanded the loose paint and scuffed the rest of them down real good. She painted her section light gray and I set it up in the foyer. They are front heavy so I had to anchor it to the wall. She wants to keep our coats and things we use regularly. I painted my section a darker gray and plan on making it bug free to hang a shirt, a jacket and some hats in. I might put more shelves in one locker to hold all my manuals and binders. I have a nice cabinet for that but it’s too close to the floor.
7938DCF9-E625-4224-9A9D-73CD940DA010.jpegBFFB47C3-ED1E-44D1-B560-2C835575A1A0.jpegD5C0D3E6-8EBD-4783-A187-803A436585BA.jpegB9081B4B-105E-4A7F-8346-647F7A2DD034.jpeg

Thanks for all the research folks! I got no clue where I would have gotten that head then! I suppose it's possible that the MF8E didn't have the original engine way back when I got it in 1991 (I think). May have been 1990. It was already around 25 years old when I got it, and had been molested a lot, and I kept molesting it---LOL! It was only 10 years ago when I found out old garden tractors have some popularity!

Since I had thought is was probably a Kohler, I don't blame Lance for checking Kohler bolt patterns first! Wish them old machines could talk! I compared that head with the one from the Tec HH120 on the scrap trailer and it was similar but not quite right too.

Got the rest of the junk loaded and tarped, getting close to dark again! MF1450 is shoved back in the shop but I didn't get time to look at the points.

DAC

DSCN3832.JPG DSCN3833.JPG DSCN3834.JPG

Back