What are you currently working on??

my problem is the ink cartridge drying up before it gets used up, and a cartridge costing as much as a replacement printer, WITH a cartridge included.....
We have belonged to Insta Ink from Hewlett-Packard almost the life of our printer. You pick your level of pages needed to print. They monitor your printer and send you the ink needed along with a prepaid box and label to return the old cartridge. Right now we have the 100 pages a month for $4.99. When our son was still home we had the 300 pages a month for $9.99. Your unused pages for the month roll over to the following month every other month.

Printer ink has always been outrageous. I've printed stuff at work for years. Every printer I've owned the cartridge failed because I didn't use it enough
That is how it worked for me. I decided that since I seldom print pretty pictures I really didn't need color. So I went to an HP toner printer. It just sits there and waits and always just works. If I ever need a color print I can hire it done cheaper than owning a color printer.
Don

We have elders in the family I print a lot of pictures for. They don't do the net or computers. Sometimes I need a printer for sign projects too. I don't want to take the time to drive into town to print pictures then drive back home.

Had to do some online insurance business tonight, then did some scanning. Still no tractor work.

DAC

That is how it worked for me. I decided that since I seldom print pretty pictures I really didn't need color. So I went to an HP toner printer. It just sits there and waits and always just works. If I ever need a color print I can hire it done cheaper than owning a color printer.
Don

Didn't how they made such a beast. Next time I need a printer I'll be looking for one of those. I'm just not very fond of the technology.

jhn9840
John

Times I wish I had a stand alone scanner. This Canon 'do everything' won't scan to the PC, or at least I haven't figured out how to do it. No manual other than what they want to give you on line.
Stand alone scanners is all I've ever had since the early 1990's. Important tool in sign production. Our son gave me this Epson V370 probably 6 years ago or so now. It will scan slides, 35mm film and even an adapter for the old 110 camera film. It can get detail up to 1200 DPI. Been a great machine.

One thing I'm not liking on the new printer is it takes about 4 steps to see the ink levels. That old HP out in the garbage was one click on an icon. Oh well can't have much of anything at any cost nowadays that performs exactly how a person would like it!

DAC

One thing I'm not liking on the new printer is it takes about 4 steps to see the ink levels. That old HP out in the garbage was one click on an icon. Oh well can't have much of anything at any cost nowadays that performs exactly how a person would like it!

DAC

They build things the way THEY want them and the heck with the consumer as they are all alike.

Stand alone scanners is all I've ever had since the early 1990's. Important tool in sign production. Our son gave me this Epson V370 probably 6 years ago or so now. It will scan slides, 35mm film and even an adapter for the old 110 camera film. It can get detail up to 1200 DPI. Been a great machine.

DAC
And the reason is people have given up and decided to take what is offered.

And the reason is people have given up and decided to take what is offered.
Where did you buy it. Many stores have a good return policy that would allow you to return it, tell them what you found objectionable and ask them for suggestions. Why live with something you don't like.
Don

I still have a stand alone digital scanner. Had it since 1999/2000...

I'd probably have to buy some adapters to hook it up then I'm not sure I'd be able to even find drivers/software to make it work....

Used that thing a lot until I bought a digital camera in 2004!

My mom has a scanner on her printer. Not sure if it still works or not.

I had to fax documents to the hospital the other day for my work physical. I havent sent a fax in years. The old fax machine at work had about 2 inches of dust on it. Worked though after fiddling around.

Where did you buy it. Many stores have a good return policy that would allow you to return it, tell them what you found objectionable and ask them for suggestions. Why live with something you don't like.
Don
That's not a deal breaker for me, Don. Everything else about the printer is as good or better than what I was after. Bought it from an ebay store. No way to find something like that local. Most stores would say, "we can order it for you!" Well I'm just going to order it myself, then!

DAC

Got the 316 out today and drug a large batch of wood out of the brush piles out back. Tomorrow, I will start cutting into firewood lengths. About 1/3 (lh of tractor) is dead pine, rest is oak.
DSCN0142.JPG

Disregard the pile at the RH side, that is last years stockpile. I'll be warm in the shop this year!

Worked on the Polaris Ranger yesterday. Ordered parts today. Be down a week or more. Drive clutch is going out. Bushing is bad and has a clicking noise from it. Due to age and prior use going to replace the whole clutch as well as the ramp buttons on the secondary.

Put the snow thrower back on the IH 1560. Went on easy after blocking the mule drive up to match the hanger bolts. Got the belt on and noticed oil dripping from the front of the n hydro. Relief valve puking oil out the top. Robber two from a back up rear end. First one was leaking also, second one held up good so far. Then found th e gas tank gromet was cracked and leaking. Put a new gromet in the morning and back in business. Went to start the Sears Crapsman snow blower and found the primer bulb of the line is leaking air. Another one down to get fixed. I think I replaced the bulb once before so may have an extra in the shop. $6 for the bulb and $13 for a complete carb with bub, gaskets, filter and all.

just renewed the plates on the Durango..... I think Illinois is wanting to send us into convulsions as the price for the stupid sticker is 154X too much....
$151 plus they stick ME for the fee for using a card (debit, credit, dont matter) for a silly lousy sticker... RIDICULOUS! this is a regular "passenger car" not a 1 ton truck or semi or anything crazy....... I know that (at least) Indiana is less than 1/3 that amount....... probably 40 other states as well......
tired of living in the land of most expensive everything.......... and not getting any better.

Back