What are you currently working on??

Had to be up earlier than a regular work day even though I'm off today. Every time my wife has to work and I'm off she wants me to take her to work. I normally have to be up at 5:30 for work, today was 4:45 to get her to work by 5:30. Came home and laid down, fell back to sleep and got up about 8. 17* at 5:30, now at 30* which is within a couple of degrees of our expected high today.
My gutters are overflowing with leaves, the trees are about done with their dump so I went out a little bit ago and started on the garage. I have never had to scrape the gutters to clean them but I did today. I started with the leaf blower and only got about 1/2 deep layer. Didn't go very long with that, started just digging by hand and had to go get a scraper as they are all bound up by a 1/2 inch layer of ice along the bottom. I got 1 side done and 1/2 way up the other side and my fingers on my left hand went sore, I've had that issue for 6-7 winters now, just the left fingers even with jersey gloves on. Lucky the gutters were ice and not wet or those wouldn't have even helped.
Back in the house for a bit, pain gone and normal feeling back now so time to go do the house gutters, will probably get 1 side done and then have to come in and warm up my fingers. My house is "L" shaped and a hip roof, so I have 6 sides of gutters to clean

Finished the sticker job after spending 4 hours at work this morning. More broke down junk. Then I have a special job that is sign related coming up for my wife's side of the family that I started figuring materials for. Her uncle gave me two 18X20" polished black granite slabs to work on for new headstone plates on the grandparents and great grandparents graves. The old ones are unreadable now so the elder uncle wants to get this done by memorial day. I have sandblast stencil, and my brother-in-laws compressor setup should be stout enough to blast them 1/8" to 3/16" deep. It will just take a while! I did a lot of sandblasted wood signs before, but never in stone. Of course can't get aluminum oxide media locally and that will be nearly 100 bucks a bag to order shipping included. The uncle that we are helping is the same guy I got the trailer and the freebie Jeep from. Some family members are willing to help on expenses so one way or another we will get it done!

DAC

I rebuilt the original carburetor for my MF7 and put it on a few days ago. Today Ernie, the mechanic who has been helping me, came over and we got it all adjusted and running good. It ran alright with the Chinese carb I had on it, but not perfect. Much better now. It was leaking a little gas, we thought we had it fixed. It seemed ok while he was here, then a little while after he left I noticed it leaking again. I guess I have take it apart again and see why. I have put the grill and hood back on since I took the pictures.
A4E89EB3-53C0-4BB8-B0C6-E92E32E4F12F.jpeg19440E57-CC0C-4434-9F71-379115363F4F.jpeg
After that I put the plow back on the Sears so I can use it to spread some gravel tomorrow.
1B68BBC3-F440-42EA-820F-E6F02FD89321.jpeg

I rebuilt the original carburetor for my MF7 and put it on a few days ago. Today Ernie, the mechanic who has been helping me, came over and we got it all adjusted and running good. It ran alright with the Chinese carb I had on it, but not perfect. Much better now. It was leaking a little gas, we thought we had it fixed. It seemed ok while he was here, then a little while after he left I noticed it leaking again. I guess I have take it apart again and see why. I have put the grill and hood back on since I took the pictures.
View attachment 45282View attachment 45283
After that I put the plow back on the Sears so I can use it to spread some gravel tomorrow.
View attachment 45284
Does the MF7 have a fuel shutoff under the tank? if not it wouldn't hurt to install one in the line. Seems a lot of older and newer carbs leak past the needle and seat some. That can cause fuel leaking into the crankcase too. I put them on all my tractors and use them just in case.

DAC

And non tractor related, I also got the plow truck ready for winter today. Put the plow on and moved it out if it’s summer spot, and made sure everything worked. All good. Put the orange light on the roof then got some pictures. After I spread the gravel tomorrow, the plow will be taken back off in front of the garage where the pile is until it is needed.
076D3266-CB08-40F1-8F4B-AA78F7C03084.jpeg

I scrubbed the hideous mint green paint off of my trailer tires I bought last week. I used paint thinner and it worked well. I installed one wheel only to find out my axle was about 3/4” too short for the other wheel. I’ve been using 1” spacers on each side so now they are too long. I cut a pair of new 5/8” spacers out of the same material as before using 3/4” pipe. I’m hoping to go back out next week for two more loads of wood, smaller loads this time :eek:
B7043625-0F52-453B-A888-422A649BEDC9.jpeg25C08C17-F2F0-494A-A1D9-D797EB52EF7F.jpeg3B547DCE-BBE8-4605-850E-68983B1547EA.jpegDC9BC4F4-33F7-40C8-9CBE-1A808C1B9E11.jpeg

Just hauled in the new washer and dragged the old one out and loaded it in the truck. Need to go get a new set of water lines. The hot one is frayed. Didn't notice it when I took it apart. Left the hot side off and ordered new hoses on Amazon. They weren't new 9 years ago when I hooked up the last washer. I only need 3' hoses. Shortest I could find is 4' I guess a little extra isn't gonna hurt

I had my dad go pick it up in my truck then leave. He was mad at me for not letting me help bring it in. But I don't want anyone in the house with my daughters positive test.

Last edited:
Does the MF7 have a fuel shutoff under the tank? if not it wouldn't hurt to install one in the line. Seems a lot of older and newer carbs leak past the needle and seat some. That can cause fuel leaking into the crankcase too. I put them on all my tractors and use them just in case.

DAC
Yes it does. I actually just put a new one on since the original was stuck open and I broke the knob off trying to free it up.

Obsoletely nothing yesterday nursing a pulled muscle and a stiff neck. All I did was watch some western movies and some good football. Hometown team Bengals and favorite team Packers all winners. Feeling much better today.

Put a new filter in the cold water hose for the clothes washer. Pumped about 6-7 gal of gas out of the Ranger tank. No since it sitting there all winter and I needed gas for the 4 wheeler. Cut up a big dead limb that dropped in the yard a while back and got it cleaned up. Done for the day till hunting time.

I took the wheels and tires off of the Brinly trailer I’ve been cleaning up. Cold weather and tire changing don’t mix. I was taught as a kid to use a Bumper Jack to break down the tire beads. Only one holds air. I’m thinking about putting tubes in but waiting on my tire guy I visited last week to see if he has any more 8” tires. Hopefully tomorrow I can clean the wheels up and paint them so I’ll have that done.
BA78128C-B31B-4F49-8B66-A04BE00EBD5D.jpeg96170600-61ED-4130-A5A7-964FDB81794E.jpeg
I had a tire go down on my Sears SS15 so I pulled the tube out of that and patched it. Anybody remember the old Monkey Grip Patch kits. I found these in one of my Dads cabinets after he passed. I remember watching him patch a lot of tubes growing up.
B3CC8CB1-74F4-4968-9C73-E62995C30C8B.jpegBD0BD1A9-3C21-4920-B39C-F8A5EFF51217.jpeg
In between all this I carried Christmas bins off and on from the basement to upstairs. My wife loves to decorate for Christmas. It’s going to be up in the 50’s later in the week I guess we will be doing the outside then.

I don't know how many race car tires I broke down with the bumper jack in the pits through the years. We tried to have spares mounted and ready but there was always that time when we had to have a particular diameter and offset combo and our only one got tore up in the heat race!

Wow, Jim, that Monkey Grip repair kit is an oldie! Love that can! I got my wife to back off from the outside decorations after a lot of years. I do whatever she wants indoors so she doesn't want more outside anymore! With the curtains in the living room open, folks driving by can see the tree so that's good enough for me!

Finally no longer on call so just surfing the net a little tonight and having a couple beers. Will make a post in the MF 1450 thread.

DAC

With the curtains in the living room open, folks driving by can see the tree so that's good enough for me!

Good enough for me too Doug. People go by here so fast, they don’t see any thing any way. I’m not putting any thing outside this year. Didn’t put much out any way the last few years. Giving my outdoor lights to my daughter this week. They built a piece on and need extra lights. Here ya go ! Hehe.
I use to put out a old tractor and cover it with lights, but that’s done with, no more of that. Sad thou, how you loose interest.

Noel

Back