What are you currently working on??

More progress on the D160. Got it nearly all wired, put a battery in and found the starter solenoid is bad. New one will be here Friday. :( If it was easier to get to, I'd just try one of the used ones I have. But it's below the battery on top of the frame.

Not really working on anything but getting things lined up for next spring. Found a good used 500 engine for my Polaris Ranger, Original unit it came out of had 1599 miles so not many hours. Will need gaskets, etc. for the clutch housing after the replacement engine is in. Used engine with a 1 yeaar warranty - covers everything except overheating and improper priming of the oil system. Warranty don't start till March of next year. Don't have a heated shop so not going to start it this time of year.

Still working on finishing the work / wood shop combo. Wiring almost done and most of the wall insulation up. Working on the furnace after that. Cold and snow makes it tough to get it done. It's getting there. If I could figure out to get logged in on my phone I could post some pictures. LOL Day by day. Spring can't come soon enough.
Roger

Was working on the Case 224. Since having the mowing deck off I was able to get at a grease nipple for the steering thing. Forget what it’s called but has cog like teeth on it and meshes with the gear on the steering shaft. And it was hitting a hydraulic hose when turning to the right and wearing a hole in the hose. So I tied the hose back a bit with zip ties. And greased the king pins, wheel and axle pivot. But layin on the ground under the tractor seem to make me get stomach upset. So at noon time I was done in for the day. Mostly better by the evening. Sure wish I had the tractor at my sons place on the hoist. Any way. Ruined the rest of my day. Was gunna cut more branch’s because it was a reasonable weather day. Oh well.

Noel

All that's left on the D-160 is installing the tail lights, hook up an electric fuel pump the owner brought over and trim the hood to fit the K341 carb. May have pics this afternoon.

Don't do the outside decorating any more. Other than hunters and the mail man no traffic as the road don't go any where. Christmas tree in the window seen from the road is as far as it goes.

Going to finish up the inside of the tower stand this morning. Throw a couple pork chops on the smoker for supper this evening. Was going deer bow hunting again this evening but not much in the mood for it. Not really enthused much for it this year.

I just saw my daughter this morning. Gave her all my outdoor lights. And brand new bulbs I just bought alittle while ago, thinking I was going to put up out door lights. Not any more. So today maybe the last I see her before her baby is born next week.
Found the chains that came with the Case 224 at my sons place and maybe get them on today. Maybe. Any way, have a good day members,

Noel

Attachments

• B23EDB67-C047-4D6B-969D-8D98E0DDF438.jpeg
    B23EDB67-C047-4D6B-969D-8D98E0DDF438.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 5
  • BA5ECB82-301C-494F-AE7F-536B59043E86.jpeg
    BA5ECB82-301C-494F-AE7F-536B59043E86.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 5
Got the chains on the Case 224. Chains don’t show any wear and were easy to put on. I’ll just have to find some tire tubes to cut up and use to tension the chains, like I did on the Case 446. I would much rather have two link chains on the Case 446 instead of the four link. But, they will work.

Noel

Attachments

• 1B6C0F50-0B82-4FDE-A633-534C3283433F.jpeg
    1B6C0F50-0B82-4FDE-A633-534C3283433F.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 3
Well I have no good news on the D-160. Put the electric fuel pump on and nothing in the carb. Pulled the bowl and it was dry and dirty. Owner brought some carbs over, but none had the right choke hook-up plus needed kits. Just ordered a new carb, it'll be here Sunday. So much for getting pics.

Well we made it with all the lights except for some on the porch rails. It was a good day. My wife is like a child around Christmas she loves to decorate. I don’t care much for the outside but I enjoy making her happy so it’s worth it.
12927A4A-3B92-4DBE-9EDF-8AF4D685D57C.jpeg30FC04B6-4A1C-4D55-84F8-45DC6797B807.jpeg7C8EF6E5-BDD9-4B31-8540-547DC3545C94.jpeg

I just saw my daughter this morning. Gave her all my outdoor lights. And brand new bulbs I just bought alittle while ago, thinking I was going to put up out door lights. Not any more. So today maybe the last I see her before her baby is born next week.
Found the chains that came with the Case 224 at my sons place and maybe get them on today. Maybe. Any way, have a good day members,

Noel
Congrats on having another Grandbaby, Noel! They can sure get the due date figured precisely nowadays!

DAC

Thanks Doug. And know what it is long before birth. Still old school, should not know until born, in my thinkin. But that’s the way it is nowadays.

Noel
You must know the gender of this new addition to the family then? I agree, Noel, waiting until birth is my way of thinking also, but it is good to be prepared in advance on purchases like clothing too. I'm just old school like you it seems.

DAC

Well we made it with all the lights except for some on the porch rails. It was a good day. My wife is like a child around Christmas she loves to decorate. I don’t care much for the outside but I enjoy making her happy so it’s worth it.
View attachment 45428View attachment 45429View attachment 45430

Nice that some people still enjoy it like a kid. Sadly I’ve lost that. Just the way it goes. Looks great Jim and Mrs Jim.

Noel

You must know the gender of this new addition to the family then? I agree, Noel, waiting until birth is my way of thinking also, but it is good to be prepared in advance on purchases like clothing too. I'm just old school like you it seems.

DAC

A boy, is what it is Doug. I was hoping for a girl. Hehe. Wife says that it still could be a girl, their not always right. Hehe. I’d be some happy if it was a girl. But they bought every thing for a boy. So we will see next week.

Noel

Back