What are you currently working on??

That joint compound is good stuff with long shelf life but is for threaded pipes especially lines. Won't work with PVC which requires a PVC cement.Most have gone to the PEX system not with the no cement joints. Pricey but quick and clean.

Oh, been messing with the plumbing for the hot water system. Not drips mind you, just itty bitty weeping. DW keeps complaining about it. This is my 3rd time at it in a week. The first go around was just trying to find parts that were available and getting it all layed out. pre covid, PVC elbows were a mere 39-cents. Well, in post covid $1.59 each at ACE Hardware. The other box stores were sold out !

Right now, I'm waiting out the pipe sealer goo to setup. Then it's show time or oh-no time. :thumbs: o_O
I had a 1” copper to a brass back flow valve on my cistern water pump weep for about a month. I definitely didn’t want to break it down again like you. It finally stopped on its own. Hope it’s not oh-no time for you.

Got the gas stove in, hooked up with no gas leaks and working. Have to slide it back out to remove the 220V outlet box. Holds the stove out from the back wall about 5". No opening in the stove to tuck it in. Will just remove it and cap the wires.
I never could understand why they don’t design the back of a stove to prevent this. They know it’s either on the floor next to the wall or in the wall. I installed our new one a few years ago. I had the same problem but I had to use my box just move it. I couldn’t move my box because the wires were barely in the box. I had to rewire it so I could move it a few inches or cut the frame out of the stove. :eek:

I never could understand why they don’t design the back of a stove to prevent this. They know it’s either on the floor next to the wall or in the wall. I installed our new one a few years ago. I had the same problem but I had to use my box just move it. I couldn’t move my box because the wires were barely in the box. I had to rewire it so I could move it a few inches or cut the frame out of the stove. :eek:
They used to do that. Our old electric glass top was open at the back bottom so the power box would slide up inside. Gas line comes up the wall about 2 feet so loose and inch or so with that. Will get it set then box it in around it. No access from the bottom drawer either.

Hauled in another load of firewood with the 316. Just keeping the shop stocked as the weather can change here real quick. I have about a weeks worth of wood in there when the rack is full.
I try to keep a weeks supply inside too especially when rain is in the forecast. I was behind a little this year now having to burn not so dry wood. I just finished today now got a good supply for next year.

Just finished off my firewood project for the year. It’s all cut down, gathered, cut again, split, now stacked. That wood splitter is starting to sound better. Today unlike yesterday once I split it I tossed it in my trailer to haul over to the other area. Once I use up the stack next to the garage I want to build a lean to type shed there much longer and with a roof. The stack near the woods is for a good start next year, it’s mostly green. Maybe tomorrow I’ll find some metal and cover the top.
F8CA7EF0-32A8-47C0-B79B-530AA8D9B7E8.jpegC388CBAA-BAA2-4D34-A3A6-691ED19F1A6B.jpegD2994D91-5DA7-446F-8C49-4BCB1ED4AC36.jpeg

Back