What are you currently working on??

I like the looks of that already. I want to build a bucket type roadster or rat rod so bad. A lot of the non running riding mowers would be a good candidate. That’s what my plan was for the Hoopdy I got but the darn thing runs and cuts so well I just couldn’t cut it up.
I have three of those transaxles. I suppose I cold build 3 different styles eventually.

I removed some fencing yesterday to expand my garden my sister wants a bunch of beans.

Then I put a new/rebuilt alternator on the wife's Liberty, it went caput on Weds.

Threw my back put again last Saturday doing landscaping so projects have been minimal....not to mention wonderful Ohio weather raining every other day or cold.

Sounds like a typical day in Illinois, taking it easy on my back today.
I've been doing a lot of that lately, been having trouble with my arm/shoulder, people around me that know more about medical jargon keep throwing up the term " rotator cuff" which scares me knowing what the last few guys I know that had to have that worked in went thru.... So I've been "holding down the couch" a lot more than usual.
It seems to have been helping, seems to be dying down.... Just starting to get mobile again in the past couple weeks or so.

Got my spare Wiring harness out for my pickup. 22RE Toyota..After swapping engine fuel pump will not activate without engine running. I can activate pump from diagnostic box under hood,,jump FP to B+…So spray some fuel into intake fires up and runs all day. Will restart easy with a hour or two but after that I have to manually prime engine..There must be a engine start relay that activate fuel pump circuit,,,

Attachments

• C5CDEE87-BD81-4013-A3F5-262393589A9C.jpeg
    C5CDEE87-BD81-4013-A3F5-262393589A9C.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 2
Got a good start on building shelves inside a 20 Sea Can a while back. Weather hasn't been favorable to finish the job up. Carolyn has had items stored in an old house and overhead in the garage for over 20 years. Old house needs tore down and the overhead stuff in the grage need out of there. Hard to tell what damage mice have done. Not a job I am looking forward to.

Wow can't believe this thread has died out. .
I've mowed my yard 2x last week, almost needs it again.
Had to borrow my daughter in laws dad's trailer because mines still full of 2 pallets of oil and I don't have room to unload it.
Up at my mother in laws, mowing. 30 miles away from home. One of mom in laws neighbors came over when we were here Monday night to put another 1/4 of the garage out for garbage day and asked if I could mow hers when I am here to do the mother in law's. Did that one too, really weird shaped zigzag yard, had to do behind the garage like 6x to chop up the leaves that nobody did anything with last fall. Finished up in the rain, and got soaked loading the mowers and strapping them down.

Getting things ready for the spring consignment auction come up May 6th. They said the inside of their large30 x 75 building is full of the normal inside items. Will have their outside lot full by sale time. Things usually sell good at that auction or at least I have had good luck sell.

No mowing here yet but have seen a couple out trying it. Saw one today and was scalping it. Lot of yellow and brown showing up where they mowed. Some people just can't wait fo the grass to get tall enough to justify the cost and then have to scalp the lawn to make a showing. I know other parts of the country get going much earlier than here but our pastures ar getting nice and green now and cattle growers are still feeding hay and silage.

Well I got one. I was working on my poulan chainsaw. Had this saw for 15 years or so. All ways had trouble with keeping it going after you’d let the throttle off, some times. But worked great for cutting. Small engine fella won’t work on them. Any way. Last week was fiddling with it and I fixed it. Runs great. This week cutting up a tree it started to smoke. Took it apart. All melted behind the centrifugal clutch. Great. No good now. I’m guessing the clutch was slipping. So had a spare saw at home the same. Figured take out all the good parts and put them in the other saw that’s not melted. Found out too, that there are holes in the case behind the clutch to cool it. Gets air from the flywheel. Never knew they where there. Seen these holes in the saw I was going to fix up. They were all plugged. Any way, an afternoon and next morning later. I had had enough. It won’t idle. Sometimes it will. Then reves up on its own. Couldn’t get it to work. So I had enough. Can’t stand working on chainsaws to begin with. So went to the small engine guy and bought a new saw. Chinese of course. But maybe it will work. Got a lot of trees to cut up yet.
My thinking might be like some car buyers. Once the warranty is up trade her in for a new one. I don’t know if I’ll do that or not. But we will see this time next year.
There now. A short rant. Hehe.
Got a box of poulan saw parts here if any body wants to come and get them. Hehe.

Noel

Well I got one. I was working on my poulan chainsaw. Had this saw for 15 years or so. All ways had trouble with keeping it going after you’d let the throttle off, some times. But worked great for cutting. Small engine fella won’t work on them. Any way. Last week was fiddling with it and I fixed it. Runs great. This week cutting up a tree it started to smoke. Took it apart. All melted behind the centrifugal clutch. Great. No good now. I’m guessing the clutch was slipping. So had a spare saw at home the same. Figured take out all the good parts and put them in the other saw that’s not melted. Found out too, that there are holes in the case behind the clutch to cool it. Gets air from the flywheel. Never knew they where there. Seen these holes in the saw I was going to fix up. They were all plugged. Any way, an afternoon and next morning later. I had had enough. It won’t idle. Sometimes it will. Then reves up on its own. Couldn’t get it to work. So I had enough. Can’t stand working on chainsaws to begin with. So went to the small engine guy and bought a new saw. Chinese of course. But maybe it will work. Got a lot of trees to cut up yet.
My thinking might be like some car buyers. Once the warranty is up trade her in for a new one. I don’t know if I’ll do that or not. But we will see this time next year.
There now. A short rant. Hehe.
Got a box of poulan saw parts here if any body wants to come and get them. Hehe.

Noel
My BIL and FIL both had Poulans and always had trouble with them. The one my FIL bought had a refurbished tag on the box. They dogged me big time when Carol bought me my Stihl and bragged how they only payed half the cost. Well guess who said no when they wanted me to fix them all the time. They had the same problem set the thing down and it would quit. Once you got it running it ran good until you wanted it to idle. I agree Noel a bad running chain saw can ruin your day.

I bought the small stihl chain saw 5 years ago. I don’t use a saw much. Maybe once or twice a year. Darn thing always starts first or second pull and runs and runs. They had them on clearance at rural king for like 125 bucks.

It’s a little guy
I need a small one. My Stihl has a 20” bar and I have a Homelite with a 18” bar. The Homelite has been a good saw and it’s lighter. It needs a new bar so I’m thinking about getting a 14” bar and chain this time. I don’t need two long bars anymore.

I need a small one. My Stihl has a 20” bar and I have a Homelite with a 18” bar. The Homelite has been a good saw and it’s lighter. It needs a new bar so I’m thinking about getting a 14” bar and chain this time. I don’t need two long bars anymore.
I think mine is 16" but it could be 14"! I don't cut anything big, just trimming some low hangers off the 2 trees in the yard, or after every ice storm I have a ton of limbs to cut up. Pretty sure its an MS170 after a quick google. Its 199.99 now. They were 149 when I bought mine and they had a sale, if you got 6 bottles of 2 stroke oil, you got a 5 year warranty and $25 off the chain saw.

I've cut down one tree in my lifetime and it was only about 12' tall and far away from anything that it could hit! good thing because I watched a youtube video on how to notch. I notched it and the darn thing fell the wrong way....

Forgot probably the most important part of my previous post above.
I hate when I have to borrow a trailer.
People never seem to mind letting me use them though.
Mine is loaded up with all that oil I (got suckered into) buying at an auction, don't have room to unload it. Currently leaving it on wheels (my trailer) so it's easy to move outta my way when I gotta use the 2 post lift.
My one buddy it was always lights and wiring, soon as I'd get it fixed so I could use it, the next time he used it hed knock another one off and wire nut the replacement back in.
He moved away.
So the next buddy whose trailer I borrowed a couple of times, the brakes were always screwed up when I'd go to get it. I'd have to fix those to be able to do what I was needing with a trailer. I don't think he used em, they'd get all rusted up and seized.

This one, I have right now, is smaller than anything I've ever pulled before besides a log splitter. Perfect size for my commercial bobcat walk behind and 2 lawn boys. This trailer belongs to my son's father in law.
But I hate it because it has no side rails. Just a front header.
I saw it had all new, fresh looking wiring and lights. Whew.
But being I had to go 70miles round trip, I asked about the wheel bearings, if they'd been greased lately. He had no idea. So I pulled em apart when I got it home the night before I needed it (I'm glad he's only 4 miles from my house) and found gray bird crap looking slop for"grease" (there were hardened remnants of what I think was white Lubriplate within the hub between the bearing races)
So I pulled em apart and found a whole lotta rust and pits. Along with rollers that wouldn't hardly spin even after too long in my solvent tank. Especially on the right side, I think this thing was parked in a ditch full of water on that side at some point.
So I went to o'wrongley's to buy new ones. Neither the counterman or I could make out the numbers on either of the old bearings that id brought with.
He thought the last number was a "3". I looked again and said "yeah could be". So I bought them, went home put the new races In the hub, greased em up (long time since I've hand packed a set of bearings, my bearing packer was MIA ) guess what. Wrong bearings. He sold me ones for a 1" spindle, these were 1-1/16" turns out the last number on the old ones had to have been a "9".
So I got back there the 2nd time at 9:57 (they closed at 10) and this time brought my dial caliper in with me. Lucky they had what I really needed.but the included seals still didn't work/ I had to put the old ones back in.
Luckily the races were the same. So I didn't have to pound out a 2nd set of them.
Side note. It drives me nuts when I see people put bearings in and say "screw it". The old races are just fine". No, they're not. .
So finished that up at 11 pm then hit the shower and the sack, 5:30 am gets here way too fast.
Oh yeah I donated this trailer a set of bearing buddy's I had collecting dust.

Forgot probably the most important part of my previous post above.
I hate when I have to borrow a trailer.
People never seem to mind letting me use them though.
Mine is loaded up with all that oil I (got suckered into) buying at an auction, don't have room to unload it. Currently leaving it on wheels (my trailer) so it's easy to move outta my way when I gotta use the 2 post lift.
My one buddy it was always lights and wiring, soon as I'd get it fixed so I could use it, the next time he used it hed knock another one off and wire nut the replacement back in.
He moved away.
So the next buddy whose trailer I borrowed a couple of times, the brakes were always screwed up when I'd go to get it. I'd have to fix those to be able to do what I was needing with a trailer. I don't think he used em, they'd get all rusted up and seized.

This one, I have right now, is smaller than anything I've ever pulled before besides a log splitter. Perfect size for my commercial bobcat walk behind and 2 lawn boys. This trailer belongs to my son's father in law.
But I hate it because it has no side rails. Just a front header.
I saw it had all new, fresh looking wiring and lights. Whew.
But being I had to go 70miles round trip, I asked about the wheel bearings, if they'd been greased lately. He had no idea. So I pulled em apart when I got it home the night before I needed it (I'm glad he's only 4 miles from my house) and found gray bird crap looking slop for"grease" (there were hardened remnants of what I think was white Lubriplate within the hub between the bearing races)
So I pulled em apart and found a whole lotta rust and pits. Along with rollers that wouldn't hardly spin even after too long in my solvent tank. Especially on the right side, I think this thing was parked in a ditch full of water on that side at some point.
So I went to o'wrongley's to buy new ones. Neither the counterman or I could make out the numbers on either of the old bearings that id brought with.
He thought the last number was a "3". I looked again and said "yeah could be". So I bought them, went home put the new races In the hub, greased em up (long time since I've hand packed a set of bearings, my bearing packer was MIA ) guess what. Wrong bearings. He sold me ones for a 1" spindle, these were 1-1/16" turns out the last number on the old ones had to have been a "9".
So I got back there the 2nd time at 9:57 (they closed at 10) and this time brought my dial caliper in with me. Lucky they had what I really needed.but the included seals still didn't work/ I had to put the old ones back in.
Luckily the races were the same. So I didn't have to pound out a 2nd set of them.
Side note. It drives me nuts when I see people put bearings in and say "screw it". The old races are just fine". No, they're not. .
So finished that up at 11 pm then hit the shower and the sack, 5:30 am gets here way too fast.
Oh yeah I donated this trailer a set of bearing buddy's I had collecting dust.
What an ordeal just to borrow someone else’s trailer. I hope he appreciates what what you did. Sounds like the next trip with that trailer would end up on the side of the road. I agree new bearings need new races.

Back