What are you currently working on??

Never owned on but have road in a couple as well as a couple Vetts. Not for older folks to try getting in and out of, not to mention the ride if not on perfectly smooth roads. I had a completely different opinion back when I was in my 20's and 30"s.

Finally got the carb all set right and reinstalled on my 70 Torino. Runs like a champ again. And just in time to get it inspected! Only drove it 58 miles last year! Maybe more this year? We'll see.. Meanwhile the $$$ pit GMC is getting a top end refresh and I stripped a intake manifold bolt on the brand new heads.. Off it came and it was time to walk away.. :mad::mad::mad: Heli-coil going in tomorrow..

ConvertibleWash 7-5-11.JPG

Finally got the carb all set right and reinstalled on my 70 Torino. Runs like a champ again. And just in time to get it inspected! Only drove it 58 miles last year!

View attachment 72115

NICE Torino!! My buddy has a ‘70 GT but in yellow and a coupe, and my grandparents used to have a green one. That car still needs an inspection where you are? I’m actually surprised because I thought that was only in Massachusetts.

Finally got the carb all set right and reinstalled on my 70 Torino. Runs like a champ again. And just in time to get it inspected! Only drove it 58 miles last year! Maybe more this year? We'll see.. Meanwhile the $$$ pit GMC is getting a top end refresh and I stripped a intake manifold bolt on the brand new heads.. Off it came and it was time to walk away.. :mad::mad::mad: Heli-coil going in tomorrow..

View attachment 72115
Beautiful car Tink...
What motor and tranny is in it ?

View attachment 72115
Nice.
My best friend inherited a 4 door 1970 from his grandma as his first car. I was following him when I watched him rolled it over in a ditch....totalled. motor ended up in my school mates 1974 torino.

Spent 2 hours this morning covering mouse hole in the floor at the wall in a old RR signal building we use for storage of our mulch. I need to jack it up and get it up off the ground again. 6' square and 7' high, 3/4" plywood floor, all steel frame and steel; sheeting exterior. Just a bit on the heavy side. We try to catch Walmart when they have their sale at $1 per bag and pick up about 30-40 bags.

Sitting in my camper in Ohio waiting for the sideways rain to stop/
it rained like Hell most of the night last night, pretty good thunderstorm light show with that, was real nice when we got up this morning until about 20 minutes ago. Starting about an hour ago I watched the dark sky start to roll in. .
I need a new antenna for the camper so I can hook up the TV next time we get in this situation.
We have been making this trip this same weekend for 8-9 years now except for missing last year because gas was $5.39/gal which it never had been before. And it takes us 7 hours one way to get here.
Was a mad rush to get my firewood in my truck and the tonneau rolled up over it, plus the Coleman lanterns and stove where they'll stay dry. Just made it and into the camper as the deluge started.

Last edited:
Back