What are you currently working on??

Sitting in my camper in Ohio waiting for the sideways rain to stop/

Where at in Ohio?

I did front brake pads on Durango on Wednesday.
Friday evening I started pulling out all the old riding mowers I've collected to try to sell them.
Saturday I changed an O2 sensor and changed oil in the wife's Liberty, then did oil change in Daughter's Liberty.
Then I build a shelf to be able to stack my new larger reptile tanks on top of each other. Stupid me measured my top board to length I needed not thinking of the thickness of the legs so now I have to unscrew everything and move the legs put slightly and rescrew it since it won't fit over tank. Thankfully I was giving my self 1/2" room anyway so I've only 1/4' too skinny. Won't look the greatest, but it's just for my tanks.

My theory is replace everything then let someone else charge it. I never could understand the difference or process discharging the Freon and oil before disassembling. Does this come out together. I guess if I sit down long enough and watch some videos I could probably do it. I rebuilt my first engine a 283 Chevy when I was 18 and several more since then. Surely I could do this with some self edumacation. o_O

I have mainly been doing computer jockey stuff lately. Some of you know I'm on a local dirt track racing Hall Of Fame voting committee. I'm writing a biography of a new inductee and scanning pictures for the video. They will be shown at induction banquet in October. Didn't get to weld the cracks in the JD110 cutting deck today. There's always tomorrow---LOL!

DAC

I ordered this carburetor rebuild kit and got my carburetor on my 10hp yellow Craftsman taken apart, because its been leaking for awhile now but yesterday it leaked on me about 5 times in about 5 minutes so I figured its finally time to get it to stop leaking.......

1691983534351.png

IMG_0232.jpg

My theory is replace everything then let someone else charge it. I never could understand the difference or process discharging the Freon and oil before disassembling. Does this come out together. I guess if I sit down long enough and watch some videos I could probably do it. I rebuilt my first engine a 283 Chevy when I was 18 and several more since then. Surely I could do this with some self edumacation. o_O
The best way to release the freon is to put a set of gauges hooked the it and open the valve. When you just open a fitting is when you loose the oil out of the system.

Where at in Ohio?
I was in Bellevue, basically between Sandusky and Norwalk.
I've been going the same weekend every year except last year with $5.39/ gallon gas) for the last 8-9 years. Met up with the apache camper group.
Everything around there is "firelands" something.

Other things in the area I would like to do but haven't been able to get to are cedar point, summit dragway (I have driven past that one, at least)
Rock n roll hall of fame, Mopar nationals (same weekend every year but by Columbus) and there's a Coleman lantern get together somewhere around an hour away as well
One thing about Ohio.... Nobody has any idea how many miles anything is from anything else...
Any time I ask how far something is from something else out there I get "15 minutes away" or "couple hours away", "that's about 45 minutes from here" sort of answer.
I did have to hang around tiffin for a couple of hours on way back west, there's a guy who has a hoard of Mopar c body (think the land barges) parts, my son has a 72 Fury wagon (why he chose a wagon is beyond me----- I'd rather have a 2 door with the mile long rear quarters) and he needed a windshield, which he has been having a rough time finding so I picked that up while I was passing thru.

Speaking of Mopar nationals this guy sells there every year /and I had to wait for him to get home to make the deal. Paid more for a good used windshield than I ever had to pay for a brand new one for any vehicle I've ever needed one for.

Well, I went to tractor supply now yesterday and exchanged the drive belt. HOPEFULLY this will FINALLY do the trick and I won't have to go back again. I also (although I probably didn't need to) bought a new spark plug for it while I was there, and put it in too. I was also gonna buy a new battery cable for it, but luckily my stepdad says "I have one". Otherwise this is all I did to it........

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

Mopar nationals (same weekend every year but by Columbus) and there's a Coleman lantern get together somewhere around an hour away as well

I did have to hang around tiffin for a couple of hours on way back west, there's a guy who has a hoard of Mopar c body (think the land barges) parts, my son has a 72 Fury wagon (why he chose a wagon is beyond me----- I'd rather have a 2 door with the mile long rear quarters) and he needed a windshield, which he has been having a rough time finding so I picked that up while I was passing thru.

Speaking of Mopar nationals this guy sells there every year /and I had to wait for him to get home to make the deal. Paid more for a good used windshield than I ever had to pay for a brand new one for any vehicle I've ever needed one for.

I saw Mopar nationals and mainly c-body and Fury. My friend was literally at the Mopar Nationals, I never been myself but I hear its great if your into racing but not that great if your showing a car. I know EXACTLY who you're talkin about for Mopar parts, Mr. Murray Park. Quite a few people I know bought parts and know him, I met him once from what I remember. While I semi agree with ya on the 2-door comment as we have 6 of em, but c'mon man wagons are cool too. This is one of ours, we have another one too.......

1692073489739.png

Alrighty, back on topic....... I was also curious and took my 6hp 855 Craftsman projects original carburetor apart and see how it looked after sitting for 15 years, because my stepdad is thinking bout getting a new carberator for his 6hp Craftsman and I figure maybe get 2 at the same time instead of ordering at different times. Well........ It's NOT good as I expected, but actually worse than I expected. My opinion is its not repairable so luckily I have my spare engine that came with the tractor when I bought it, so I looked at that one it's better and in my opnion it will get used. Here's the original carburetor when I took the bowl off.........

IMG_0264.jpg

Here is the carburetor off the spare engine.........

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

I saw Mopar nationals and mainly c-body and Fury. My friend was literally at the Mopar Nationals, I never been myself but I hear its great if your into racing but not that great if your showing a car. I know EXACTLY who you're talkin about for Mopar parts, Mr. Murray Park. Quite a few people I know bought parts and know him, I met him once from what I remember. While I semi agree with ya on the 2-door comment as we have 6 of em, but c'mon man wagons are cool too. This is one of ours, we have another one too.......

View attachment 72248
That's just like the one I learned to drive in, mom had at the time. A 73. My son's is a 72. Same body different grille.

Your pic disappeared somehow.
My kid is in his 2nd 72, the guy he bought the 1st one from kept badgering him to sell it back, I swear that 1st one was my dad's car he had in 1979-80ish, same color, same engine, everything as the one he had.
The kid found a "parts car" out of Colorado and had it trailered in and after looking it all over he decided the parts car was in better overall shape than the one he wanted the parts for, so he decided to fix up that one instead and sold the first one back to the guy he got it from. The first one was solid underneath but not so much at the bottom of the quarters, etc . The 2nd one is solid all over, the only hole is the spare tire well and unlike the 1st one it isn't big enough for the spare tire to fall thru .. ..
My dad's 72 was still in good shape when he had it but mom's 73 we had at the same time was rotten in that corner already back then.... I remember sheet metal-ing the bottom of that section while we had that car. We had the 73 alot longer than we had the 72. For some reason nobody liked driving that 72 but everyone liked the 73. The 72 was gone before I got licensed, but a couple of years later I was running the snot out of the 73. .
I remember being about 12 years old and my dad couldn't figure out why the ac wouldn't engage in one of them, I remember him trying to force sheet metal screws in between the halves of the AC clutch to get the compressor to turn...
I was too young to know. I do now haha

Back