What are you currently working on??

My mom passed away a few years ago and this was her little mower. She wouldn’t let my dad near her flowers with his tractor. I got it out the other day for my son. He has a fairly rough area that he’s been grooming outside of his yard area that had been neglected near his woods. I thought it would be a good little mower for his rough stuff. Only thing I had to do was clean the tank and it started right up.
That's one of the most sought after decks. The volute and discharge are the perfect combo. The later machines had to change up due to 'safety' needs. It's a good solid deck too. They don't make them like that anymore! The engine is a tad under power since it's a 300 series. Should the engine ever go out, the deck can use the 500 series 6.75Hp engines too.

The only downside on the mower is the weaken area where the handle bar reached the mower deck. If you can beef the area up some, you'll get a strong push mower over difficult yard areas.

That's one of the most sought after decks. The volute and discharge are the perfect combo. The later machines had to change up due to 'safety' needs. It's a good solid deck too. They don't make them like that anymore! The engine is a tad under power since it's a 300 series. Should the engine ever go out, the deck can use the 500 series 6.75Hp engines too.

The only downside on the mower is the weaken area where the handle bar reached the mower deck. If you can beef the area up some, you'll get a strong push mower over difficult yard areas.
That explains when I tried it out I thought wow this little guy can cut. I’m going back out to my sons next week I might brink it back home to tweak it out like you mentioned. It reminded me of an old Yardman I had years ago we had a 9 acre hobby farm that I cut about 4 acres of grass. Carol used it for trimming and I mean she used it hard and it never failed.

Yesterday the weatherforcast was rain, high winds so decided a indoor progect…tried my hand at painting graphics similar to whaht the truck had originally..This took 5 hours,,,the storm rolled throug in about 10 minutes,,very underwhelming

Attachments

• 204B28A4-41A2-4789-917A-BB1E19BF39B3.jpeg
    204B28A4-41A2-4789-917A-BB1E19BF39B3.jpeg
    324.1 KB · Views: 14
  • A1C9867D-4284-4555-B6FE-6FF0A8583107.jpeg
    A1C9867D-4284-4555-B6FE-6FF0A8583107.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 14
While waiting for the dew to dry I got started on a project. I have three Cub cadet hydrostatic transaxles. I am using one to start a homemade unit. Took it to the car wash and cleaned it. My pressure washer is being finicky about holding high pressure and I didn’t want to mess with it
Here is the start of it.

Attachments

• D7BEA337-7586-429E-92FC-A69E0F3FB9AC.jpeg
    D7BEA337-7586-429E-92FC-A69E0F3FB9AC.jpeg
    264.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 3D17E217-5A52-4907-AB38-30B0DE15C9CC.jpeg
    3D17E217-5A52-4907-AB38-30B0DE15C9CC.jpeg
    274.1 KB · Views: 12
  • E8742CF5-BD56-4AAE-94ED-1F6DA0E185D5.jpeg
    E8742CF5-BD56-4AAE-94ED-1F6DA0E185D5.jpeg
    258.1 KB · Views: 12
That’s not such a bad idea going to the car wash. Those dual brakes on the Cubs are nice. I remember you mentioning some kind of a project but don’t remember.

While waiting for the dew to dry I got started on a project. I have three Cub cadet hydrostatic transaxles. I am using one to start a homemade unit. Took it to the car wash and cleaned it. My pressure washer is being finicky about holding high pressure and I didn’t want to mess with it
Here is the start of it.
Very Interested!!! You should start a thread on it.

Very Interested!!! You should start a thread on it.
Hi Jason. Rick does have a thread going on this project. Here is the link. Maybe you found it already.

DAC

I built Carol a trellis over the weekend while watching some movies in the shop. She got a clematis plant at Menards and needed to plant it. It felt good making some sawdust for a change. All I’ve done for awhile is cut grass, work in the garden, and clean tractor parts.
IMG_8427.jpeg

Hi Jason. Rick does have a thread going on this project. Here is the link. Maybe you found it already.

DAC
Yup, I've been following, thanks Doug.

I got my7012 and put the blade on it and scraoed up some stone to fill in a hole I dug out beside the drive so Carla won't keep driving in mud. Will drive on that for a while and then put concrete in it. I had taken my latest DA 916 to my favorite dealer and had the carb cleaned and the got it running, I don't have stuff for cleaning carbs anymore. Now I am going to install a rear life on it after it cools down some.

Not much lately from here. Went camping a couple of weeks ago and my wife fell on way to shower house and broke 3 bones in arm/wrist so that kinda grounds me too. She can't drive (right arm and Drs orders besides) so I gotta be there any time I'm not at work.they're saying 8-10 weeks.
Thing is we have camp spots paid for in August in Ohio and October in Indiana (covered bridge fest)
Don't know yet how that's gonna work out.
As it was it wasn't fun trying to find an urgent care in or around Madison wisc. Goofy thing was we passed 3 of them on way back to camp ground on way back from the one the silly phone took us to.
We went back a different way than phone directed us to get there.

Sitting in the parking lot at my daughter's work waiting for a roll back.....just what I wanted to do after working 10 hrs. Lower ball joint on the pass side popped out, thankfully it was as she was backing into a parking spot. It was slightly out in the roadway, but it's a freaking shopping mall, security told me they were getting ready to tow it. They would have had a nice repair bill had that done that, it was not rollable nor steerable. I jacked it up, removed wheel ans got it back in, wrapped a chain around upper/lower arms so I could drive to main lot for truck to access.
Ironic my wife's Liberty did exact same thing 2 yrs ago in front of our house.

Tip if the day.....you put them away properly and they will start back up properly.
Electric went out this morning at 5am from severe storms. We needed to flush toilets, get showers and get the aquariums running this morning so I got generator out of barn. Checked oil and fuel which was almost bone dry, she fired right up and ran smooth after not being started in probably 1 1/2 years. I always shut fuel off, let it stall out when I'm done and I remove drain screw from bowl and empty carb.
Duke said electric should be back on by 11:15 or so.

Spent the last 3 evenings finishing up the daughter's broken ball joint, I did both sides. She put up a little fight, the caliper slider pin rusted in the caliper bracket, of course it broke when I tried to loosen it. Then I spent probably an hour trying to get it drilled out, started small and kept working my way up until I got it cleaned out without damaging the bracket. Auto zone had a pin kit so now it's all back together. I took off work today so I'll take a test drive and she can have it back.

20230801_173927.jpg
20230801_173935.jpg

Back