What are you currently working on??

Been playing around with making some extensions for my Sears sub-Cat 0 attachments to be used behind my Craftsman FF24 with hydro lift. First try was my 3pt rotospader. Worked good, but the cover over the PTO is in the way and I need to figure out an extension as you can see in the video, it needs it badly as tiller tilts forward when it grabs.
I made my extensions out of some 1/2" pipe and cat 0 5/8" pins.

View attachment 68773
View attachment 68774
View attachment 68775

How come your center link is disconnected

That top link has to be connected for the tiller to come close to working right. If the tiller is rolled back so the engine is level it looks like the top link would hook up. Tiller will never work right with just the two attachment points. Fab up a top link with an arch in it if you have to. Only the one end would need to be adjustable.

I had the joy of having to install a new water heater. The old one was put in November 2003. I got the same size a 50 gallon electric but a Rheem brand. It has a 6 year warranty and I got an additional 5 years for $60. which isn’t bad. I’m just glad the old one drained well. I’ve put these in before where the bottom was so bad they wouldn’t drain.

Last edited:
I am PISSED
My wife has been trying to convince me we need a camper that isn't a pop up. We've looked at a couple of turds, had people send us info then when we ask when we can go look, fall off the face of the earth for like a week then "oh it's sold". Or it sounds great but no title.which makes it all but worthless to anyone wanting to buy it here in Illinois.
Well we found what we both thought was "the one" a week ago. The guy had 2 to choose, think he inherited some property and these were left behind. .been back n forth, we wanted to go out last weekend but he couldn't. Wanted to go last nite but he couldn't. So as of 2 days ago we had arranged for today.
Its an hour from home one way and nearly 2 from work. So I burned a 1/2 a day to go look.
I get there within 5 min of the agreed on time of 1:30 this afternoon and get to a gated lot with a stop sign, all kinds of "no trespassing", under camera surveillance signs etc.
I call the guy to say that I was there, wondering where he was .
His answer? Oh, I had another guy coming to look today too, I'd told you that (NO HE DID NOT Tell me any such thing) sorry I forgot to shoot ya a text, that one was hauled outta there 1/2 hour ago".
1/2 hour ago? I'd already left work an hour and 1/2 before, that and drove 70 of the 100 miles this was from work by that point..... 100 miles from work, 60 miles from home for nothing.... "So what about the other one"? "Oh the guy this morning made me a hell of an offer and took em both"

Put 4 new deck wheels on the GT54 deck this morning. Got the old wheels off and found the special bolts were needing replaced also. Lack of grease. Cub dealer had the two back shorter bolts but only one of the longer front ones. Used the better of the two old ones and put it in 180° off from what it was. Will run a while that way. None in the warehouse but several at the factory so the warehouse will be getting them. $8 shipping if I special ordered it from the factory and no shipping if it come from the warehouse with another order.

Headed out now to look at a couple of other campers, i don't think we should spend the money but the wife is insisting.
Wasn't really thinking motorhome but one im looking at is just that, van nose style, (I think those are class c) one of the very last with a 440 in it...
Very clean looking and I'm seeing a lot of motorhomes advertised that are alot less $ than similar size bumper pull trailers, some much newer (late 90s even) and cheaper than a plain pickup or van of the same years, with same respective power trains
We thought we wanted about a 22-24" pull behind.

Headed out now to look at a couple of other campers, i don't think we should spend the money but the wife is insisting.
Wasn't really thinking motorhome but one im looking at is just that, van nose style, (I think those are class c) one of the very last with a 440 in it...
Very clean looking and I'm seeing a lot of motorhomes advertised that are alot less $ than similar size bumper pull trailers, some much newer (late 90s even) and cheaper than a plain pickup or van of the same years, with same respective power trains
We thought we wanted about a 22-24" pull behind.
My parents had a 22' older 1984? Chevy Class C with a 350. It did okay, but my biggest issues with Class C, you need a dolly or tow bar to pull a smaller vehicle if you need to travel once camping thus I would choose trailer over one any day. Once issue with these also is I see a ton of re-roofs. My uncle owned this one before my parents, they had it redone, their latest one had roof leaks too.
They also had a couple high top van based campers, the last one was a Dodge. You can use them to travel while camping, but they are very cramped.

Definitely looking for used, but am getting frustrated. I try to deal thru private party as much as I can but am getting frustrated.
Either no title, or as happened 4-5 posts above, or now all of a sudden the seller claims they have had "over 100 inquiries" and somebody offered $750 over asking price, and asking me to make an offer in that neighborhood "sight unseen" except for a couple of pix. I don't play that game. I won't make an offer of anything until I've seen what I want in person. The motorhome seller says they'd invite me out if I send them an online offer of more than whoever offered them extra already.i have enough that I could offer them their original asking price if it's what they say it is.

Or replies to ads that don't get back to me. Or ads that are expired and still active.
We stopped at 2 rv dealers today, one claimed to have a camper like I think I'm interested in and they have no idea... Half of their lit is dedicated to storage of customer units, that that's all they are there for. And they can't show those. The owner would have to show up and take me to that side of the yard. So I sent what is now my 2nd reply and am hearing crickets.

the 2nd rv place showed 3 of them like I want to see, we drove out last night, last time we were near there we don't remember the place being locked and gated after hours so that was a wasted trip. We got by there today and drove the lot and found one similar to what I am wanting to see to tell if it's what we want or not or whether we should look at different ones than these. Online said they had 3. They had none of the ones that I asked about but they had one there very similar, when the sales vulture came out he asked how we knew this one was there ... We didn't until we drove down between the buildings and happened to see it. I guess they had just gotten this one in and it hadn't been inspected yet.
My son bought a brand new one from them 3 years ago and so far gas been a POS. Different than what I'm looking at. Every time they camp they have to take it back there because something else broke. Never cost anything yet except the time to call and drag it back out there. But the problem remains.

I drove this snowblower up into truck. Plan is to re power my SS12 in my avatar as this snow blower is the cheap easy method

Attachments

• 70743506162__D785CF66-3BA0-4D1D-9F54-5CC167737B4B.jpeg
    70743506162__D785CF66-3BA0-4D1D-9F54-5CC167737B4B.jpeg
    198.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0293.jpeg
    IMG_0293.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 12
Back