What are you currently working on??

I first made these cakes back in the early 60s and got the recipe to where we liked it. I had made two for some friends. I age then for 2 months and then slice and vacuum pack and freeze. Get a piece out now and then to eat. It is time to make some more.

my 11hp Tecumseh (walk behind snowblower) needs a carb kit..of course i put it off until we got a good dump of snow…cant find carb kit so its getting a new carb. #640169. Been using the SS16 to blow snow the past few days…

I got a new plug for my 24" Sears 2 stage blower, after I flooded it big time trying to start it last week. I knew when I pushed that primer bulb again it was the wrong thing to do. Will see how it goes this morning.
I hate fooling with them primer bulbs. Some only a few pumps others more. I try to stop pumping when I see the bulb full but that doesn’t always mean nothing. I ordered a pack for my old Homelite leaf blower which has always been reliable for a quick start, not now. It’s so hard I can’t hardly push it, it’s not flexible enough like it should be.

Rad reminded me about something I forgot to post yesterday. I checked the 5 batteries, 2 automotive and 3 tractor, that are on HF maintainers and only one of the automotive batteries are bad. It was an old one out of the '55 so I expected that.

Then I lowered the lift and checked the batteries that are still in the MF12G and the MF1450. They are not on maintainers, but voltage is fine on both of them. Next warm day I will try to remember to lower the lift back down and start them up for awhile. Will be a few weeks before any tractors with batteries get used. If we have a big enough spring snow, the MF8E has a 110V starter.

DAC

A family member sent me all of his B+D cordless 20V Li batteries. Someone on his wife's side passed away. All were able to charge nicely, but one. The one was a 2.0Ah type. So, I tossed it onto the Viking 2/8/15A sine-wave IC charger. It sensed 2.7VDC. In 12mins of using the recondition mode, the battery got up to 13.8VDC, just like a car battery would reach. Checked to be certain it wasn't hot, nice cool to the touch. Placed the battery on it's normal charger and will see it in an hour. It's nice getting these old batteries rejuvenated for a second life.

I see they make an adaptor to convert the older 18V units to the 20 V batteries. I might have to get one as I have 3 of the 18 v impacts and drill driver and a couple bad batteries. No sense buying the older 18 V batteries that don't fit right to start with.
Actually, I made my own adapter. I picked up a few of the early 18VDC NiMH trimmers with older batteries at an estate sale for $5. The batteries we long ago toast. So, I made an interface plate and clipped in the 20VDC to the 18VDC trimmers. All works fine. :)

I have 2 of the DeWalt 18v tool and I got adapters to use 20v batteries in them. I got 2 9ah batteries but I can't use the in the adapters.

I also got a solar maintainer for my Yukon but the suction cups won't stay on the window so I am going to build a support frame to hold it.

I have 2 of the DeWalt 18v tool and I got adapters to use 20v batteries in them. I got 2 9ah batteries but I can't use the in the adapters.

I also got a solar maintainer for my Yukon but the suction cups won't stay on the window so I am going to build a support frame to hold it.
Solar work great for charging the B+D Li batteries too. Just not a bunch of sun this time of year to make it worthwhile, yet I really don't need them this time of the year either.

Back