What are you currently working on??

Mine is on an old sears walk behind tiller converted to sleeve hitch. Has the extensions to make it about 34-36" wide. Tiller is chain driven in enclosed oil case. 2 speed forward and one reverse. First time using it for about 2 hour straight I was impressed.

Those Predator engines are being used a lot. Most everyone says they are reliable, easy start, and reasonably priced.
I can vouch that the predator 6.5 engines can take an absolute beating. I’ve ran stock internal ones to 4500-5000 rpm on bikes just beating them for all they were worth. They’d take a ton abuse before something let go. Typically the rod fails first.

On a mower other machine I bet they’d outlast the machine.

Once I break down my 16 hp Tecumseh on my Bolens H16 if it’s too bad I’m thinking of a repower on it. The 16 hp Predator is huge though so I don’t want to butcher it to make it fit.

Some of you know back in 2015 I had to repower the MF12G with a Predator 13hp. I did have to notch the grill for the muffler and shorten the battery tray for gas tank clearance. Tractor still looks stock and not butchered up. That engine is quieter, more power, uses half the gas and starts better than the tired HH120 that came out. The engine was a Father's Day gift from the wife and kids as they were tired of the smoke trails I left while mowing---LOL! Had to make it happen after that gift!

DAC

Some of you know back in 2015 I had to repower the MF12G with a Predator 13hp. I did have to notch the grill for the muffler and shorten the battery tray for gas tank clearance. Tractor still looks stock and not butchered up. That engine is quieter, more power, uses half the gas and starts better than the tired HH120 that came out. The engine was a Father's Day gift from the wife and kids as they were tired of the smoke trails I left while mowing---LOL! Had to make it happen after that gift!

DAC
I remember that and yes most reviews mention the easy start and good on gas. Some of these old classics that put out smoke is a built in mosquito fogger.lol

Neighbor (mile+ away), put out his early 80s Lawn Boy to the front with a $20 sign on it. If no takers by this evening, he'll unchain it from the power poll and give me it.

I'm not a fan of the front shoot and tucked wheel design. And it's already has sat out there in 1 down pour already. He said it became a bit of many pulls to get it started. I know there are Lawn Boy fans for their products. Had one when living with my parents growing up. Hard to start, but when it ran, nothing got in its way. Its a wait and see now.

Went to an auction today 1st of the year.
Bought a workbench for behind the garage there was a nice stainless one that I wanted, went too high.
But they went the wrong way down the row, if they'd have sold the stainless one first id have gotten that one. I actually wanted both. Otherwise I got a few flats of oil, one of them had a couple of cans of R12 on it and I got the whole flat for those. There was a scrounger there throwing his hand up for anything that nobody would bid $1 on. I left some of the extras I didn't want with his stuff.
I did end up with a pair of tail lights I don't have any use for (trade bait?) for a smokey and the bandit trans am. They'd put em up, Nobody bid, so they threw them in with the next lit they sold, didn't know they were gonna toss em in on me
There was a huge pile of wood, I didn't want the whole thing/ among them was 2 desktops, I went and bought those from the winner to cut down and make tabletops for 2 radial arm saws.

Turned down the mower. It needed a bit more TLC than what I can offer it. Basically the carb needs to be replaced, and I have nothing like it sitting around, except newer stuff from the late 90s and upwards. It also needs work on the pull cord system too. Even for free, it's a harder thing to work on and to have a backup mower or break even (maybe) selling used.

To me that "rear wheel drive" on a push mower makes more sense than front. I mowed my sister's yard with her Husqvarna a couple times while I was down there with her. My back would start hurting but if I put some weight on the handle to support my back. instant traction loss on the front drive wheels.

DAC

To me that "rear wheel drive" on a push mower makes more sense than front. I mowed my sister's yard with her Husqvarna a couple times while I was down there with her. My back would start hurting but if I put some weight on the handle to support my back. instant traction loss on the front drive wheels.

DAC
Yep, my modern LawnBoy has rear drive assist. Took some getting use to though. LOL

If the 78 wasn't so messed up with the carb.

Yup.
I had a neighbor in her 40s buying her 1st mower. She lived there with her parents, her dad took care of the lawn until he died.
She definitely wanted self propelled. And asked me what to get, rwd or fwd I told her rwd.
I had a rwd self propelled at the time (only used it in the ditches)
She bought a fwd "because it was on sale where she could use her CC at the time"
It was funny watching her try to mow the ditches with her fwd .. whenever she went to turn around, the propelled wheels were flailing in the air and she had to fight to push it the last couple of feet out of the ditch while my rwd kept on pulling itself on my side of the road whenever I raised the front wheels to turn around.

I don't like either one as there is no place to sit on them! Carolyn does the trim mowing around her flower beds etc. and has her choice over a JD power drive 5 speed or a push high wheel. She takes the high wheel every time.
Sitting on a tractor to mow definitely makes the most sense, Roger---LOL! I don't even own a push mower and don't want one!

DAC

Back