What are you currently working on??

That is the way the daughter likes them also. Haven't got the granddaughter to try them with vinegar yet. She don't like onions period. She loves a dollar bill and I can get her to try different item by giving her a dollar just to try. She likes her cor or peas on top of her mashed potatoes like Grandpa to. Guess she has got some looks when she dumps the bowl of veggies on top of her mashed potatoes.

I find cucumber tastes best when I bust them in half and throw them to the chickens. :D I do love me some pickles though.

Drilled and tapped a broken bolt on the Purple Sears this morning.
The rest of the day was spent replacing all the trim, seals, and brick molding around a garage door for a friend/client. I was in the sun most of the day. Working in an air conditioned lab for the last 24 yrs sure made me soft :rolleyes:

Got the Bolens QT 16 out again to see if I could find what was causing it to stall after it got hot. Suspected the coil. It ran good for about 20 min then died. Could not get it to run long enough to get it to the shop. Has an electric fuel pump to replace the original Onan pulse pump. It was acting more like a fuel problem so pulled the outlet line, turned the key on and no fuel. Put a new pump on and back to mowing. An hour later I was done and it was still going strong. Going to paint the tin work and new decals and it will be one more finished project. I never had a fuel pump go out that way. They usually either work or they don't, no come and go like this one was doing.

This morning the administrator of a Cub Cadet facebook private group I'm a member of paid me a visit here at home! He is from Aberdeen, SD and his wife was from here in Rapid City so they were visiting his in-laws. His site encourages other brands too, but focuses on the Cubs. He's got a lot of GT knowledge and has a fairly large collection of various breeds. He bought a couple of parts Briggs engines from me and was very interested in the Masseys. He wants to buy the MTD out in the shed next spring when they come out with a truck. We'll see. It was an interesting time, first time a tractor enthusiast had ever visited us out here in in the middle of nowhere!

Then it was go in and put down a bunch more baseboard and door casing. Knees are giving me fits again!

DAC

Returned the Gt 5000 Sears at noon today! It had a bad PTO clutch, drawing 30+ amps when you turned it on. First one of those I have came across! Otherwise, staying cool!

Maintenance weekend on my daily drivers.... Tuneups, oil changes, check brakes etc
Also added an extra leaf to each rear spring on the 96 Dakota 4wd. Been wanting to do that for a long time. I picked up the new u bolts, center bolts and spring clamps from the local spring shop like 3 months ago.
My son stripped out a 1 ton late 80s Cummins truck last year for parts, flipped and sold most if it via CL but wanted the rear springs for his truck as they were about brand new. Well as it turns out, he had the pair laying on his flat bed and didn't tie them down "I told him so"
Well he lost one along the road somewhere never again to be found, so he bought another new pair. I saved the one that didn't slide off of his truck, and cut it apart, used 2 leaves out of that for my truck, the 2 directly under the main leaf in that one spring pack, were the same length as each other, put one of those on each side of my Dakota.
It was a whole lot easier this time, last time I did an add a leaf, I had to do it off the ground with floor Jacks and stands, unbelievably easier this time now that I have a 2 post lift of my own

The back is now an inch or 2 higher than the front, instead of slightly lower than the front. This truck has always had a vibration right at 65 mph which is also now gone. Big improvement for almost no money outlay

My son needs to do that to his Jeep Cherokee, his has the typical Cherokee lean and if he pulls a trailer, it really sags.

I worked on his F350 a little, previous owner boogered up the lugs on the rear, I had to spot weld 4 of them to keep them from turning. Hopefully the weld holds on the cast drum.

Also degreased and drain oil from the Sears rearend so I can get it painted.

They keep jacking up the price and making them out of lighter material. Can't win for loosing.

Got the hood off the QT16 sanded and ready for primer yesterday morning. Will work on the fender pan and 2 side covers today. Want to get them primed before the humidity goes back up again. Top coat can wait for better drying conditions.

Last week I put the leakdown tester on my 8HP Briggs and found it was leaking like a sieve, about 23% (not lost, remaining!). I could hear it hissing past the valves so I pulled the head to look; the gasket of course didn't survive the process. I cleaned up the carbon, lapped the valves and then set the valve gaps and reassembled it. Attempts to get it running show it's starving for fuel, so next is to clean the carburetor. Hopefully it'll be running again soon.

Grill is back together & working, good for another 20 years or so! 2-1/2 gallon bucket full of Black-eyed Susan seed heads ready to be sown tomorrow. Decking lumber & 755 are loaded for a trip to the farm tomorrow, mowing time again!
pickup.gif
greentractor.gif

Wiped down with thinner rag and prined both side of the hood, side covers and fender pan off the QT1`6 this morning. Trip to town to pick up the gloss white, the alternator for the Cub1512 was done. 3 new bearings and $107 fixed it right up. The truck has sat at the replair shop for a week but it was moved today so guess that is promising. If he wasn't going to get at it for another week why in H * * * did he want in last Monday ? ? Sat out in the hot sun at his shop for over a week when it could have been home in my garage where it has been since day one when it wasn't on the road.

Currently an Exmark mower, Grasshopper mower, a 3 wheel Chinese scooter, and a Polaris Ranger. All awaiting parts at this moment, but scooter parts coming tomorrow, and possibly the hydro belt set for the Grasshopper.

No tractor work, spent the afternoon rebuilding deck steps for a friend. Gotta go back today and finish railings.
I do have a tune up job for someone local and ordered parts for my buddy's Cub Cadet mower.

Still on the QT 16. First top coat this afternoon. Then have a new hour meter to put in the ranger.

Top coats all on the Qt tin. Picked up the Avalanche this afternoon. OUCH ! ! :eek: Complete new fuel pump and two replacement fuel line ends. Well over $700. Seems GM put plastic fuel pump set up in there metal fuel tanks. When they started leaking under the band from rust, they went to plastic tanks and a metal top fuel pump with metal fittings. Now the fittings on the top of the pump rust off. Lasted over 200K miles though.

bought this old horse drawn moldboard single for $100 IMG_20190725_182127.jpg IMG_20190725_182150.jpg missing the colter and mold so i have cut and modified it to my needs so farIMG_20190728_185815.jpg IMG_20190728_185754.jpg
IMG_20190728_185846.jpg now i'm awaiting to find a mold section to complete it , i did have 2 shears so i drilled the best one to suit the unit , last photo
i have kept all the leftover bits including the long handles , love those handles
Shane

You need something to adjust it. Also, most plow are set with about 10° 'lean' so they cut flat when the tractor is in a furrow.

yes , top linkage will adjust heel and toe and i have to make a adjustable lift arm linkage to adjust degree of tilt on 2nd cut ,already tagged the landside to wall a few deg because they always push hard to the wall ,thanks for the 10%age did not know for sure for the 2nd cut

Back