What are you currently working on??

It's what the sleeve hitch plows are set at over here. Top will lean toward the LH side. I usually put my tractors LH wheels up on boards (height is determined by depth of cut, usually half the width), then set up the plow to set flat on the ground. Gets you real close.

Crank the heat up when you weld them. Lot of carbon in those things but they work good for that sort of thing. Sturdy and don't take a lot of room.

Not being doing much the last couple days, light head cold has got my Vertigo all acting up, haven't had this for a couple years.
Got my deck project done Weds, worked on a two resident's JD D110 on Thursday, mower had not been touched since they bought it new 6 yrs ago :eek:
Have to go back and finish it, didnt know JD used 1" nuts on the blade spindles, also had to order an air filter.
Been painting little parts on the Purple plow Suburban, all these little parts are a pain.

Got the free Beetle fixed and back together. Got title, license, and insurance, took it for a quick drive last night. Neat little car, shifts great with the new bushings on shifter. I ordered a plastidip kit for it, I will try or document the process when I spray the car.

Have not moved a tractor in a couple days. Between getting the tin painted and having contractors here no time. Auction yesterday for a neighbor lady. Moving to town since her husband and son passed in the last few years. Mostly left over stuff from a previous auction for just farm equipment. Lot of stuff didn't not sell well at all. Several stack of 5 gal pails, empty & clean 4-6 in a stack. Sold the lot for $1. I got a flat of wire brushes, 4 large new ones and several used one for $1. Paint pan with 4 roller handles, 3 new rollers, 2 new parts brushes and several good paint brushes for $3. And that is the way it went.

Yesterday I swapped out engines in the MF 14 I use to mow the yard. The engine pulled out will go on the shelf to be rebuilt at a later time. The engine I installed (k321) I have been dealing with the governor being too sensitive. I moved the spring down one hole which helped but it needs to be moved down one more spot. Today after 3 weeks I finally had time to look at my MF10 which has the tiller. The last time I could barely get it to start and once it did start it would only idle. I pulled the aftermarket carb apart and did not see any issues, made sure all the passages where clean and reinstalled. This time I turned out the idle screw 1/2 turn, it started right up and throttled up like it should. Now I need to get back to work on the MF12H I took apart 2 months ago.

Finished up the tune up on a resident's JD mower I had to grind the crap outta the blades to get most of the nicks out. Mower is 5 yrs old, bladed had never been sharpened.

Attempted to drive the Bug yesterday, while I was moving it from the back barn, i smelled plastic/electric burning. Opened hood and pieces it belt on rad support. Then I found the half melted broken plastic idler pulley lying on inner fender.
At least it did it before we got on the road, parts ordered on their way.

Still working in the house re-installing baseboard and casing after the flooring project. One small room left to finish. We've got to get the house stuff stored in the shop out as I need the work bay for repairing the hydroboost brake setup on my wife's '06 Denali. Hopefully get that done tomorrow. Wife is going out of town with her sister Thursday so it will be a fix truck weekend coming up.

DAC

Baseboard and casing done. Rug under the pool table, set on the floor and leveled. Do you think I could find a marble around here anywhere to use Roger's leveling method? I had to rob one out of this doohicky hanging in my shop. DSCN1630.JPG

It worked well! After a late lunch we got all the crap that was in the work bay of the shop back into the house and stashed in the spare room.

I didn't get to mow. I took Wednesday afternoon off work for a couple doctor appointments. Should be home by 3 so I will mow then.

DAC

No tractor work or use yet. They finally finished the basement wall stabilization project Friday. Monday cleaning people came and got a good start on cleaning all the concrete dust off everything in the basement. Should finish that up today. Mrs been cleaning the up stairs while I started to put book cases, display case, etc. back in position. Had to vac the floor then dry mop it to get all the dust up first though.

Actually worked and finished this on Sat. The old chain link gates were rusting apart and only 10' wide. The new one is 12". My father must've used a wheel Barrow full of concrete on the one post, had to use Durango to pull it out.
20190730_192419.jpg
20190806_170329.jpg
20190806_170355.jpg

Work on the house painting job I agreed to do a couple months ago, stupid me. 14-16' cathedral ceilings and the side walls. I also had to double coat it all, that dark mustard would not cover. This was living room I finished today, kitchen is even taller.

Sprayed some more body parts in Purple Sears this evening, needed the brain break.

Attachments

• 20190806_110349.jpg
    20190806_110349.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 8
Back