What are you currently working on??

Front of the IH 1650 been blocked up for a bout 3 days now so should be drained out good. Fluid was rust colored with some slime build up on the back plate near the fluid level. Will get the bottom of the case cleaned up before it goes back together. Was still the original fluid but had a white NAPA filter so at least that had been changed. Other parts came in yesterday so going after them this morning. Good chance of more rain today. Have shelf project for the Boss to get finished up too but I have a mud dobber nest on one fan blade to get off before I can use it in the wood shop. about 8' above ground level on that side. Have trees and l9imbs to get cleaned up from the 70 mph wind blast we had 2 days ago. So much for retirement.

Last edited:
Picked up parts this morning. Rain most of the morning but cleared by noon and got hot. Cleaned the rear end out on the 1650 Cub. New filter (was a WIX in for a hydro filter ? ? ) 6 qt. of Hy Tran and it was full. Will run it a bit and recheck. Finish up the drive shaft tomorrow and it should be ready to go to work.

I messed with the Sabre more today, waiting for parts. Steering was TIGHT. Took all I had to turn it. Tried to grease the spindles, but no go. So I jacked it up and pulled the E-clips off the top. Had to drive the spindles out of the axle. Cleaned the dried grease/dirt off them and wire brushed the interior of the spindel ends. Put a little grease on the spindles and in the holes. They slid right in. Put the clips back on and it took grease. Turns rather easily now.

This 1650 had some issues too. The hydro fluid had never been changed and the filter was a WIX . Certainly not my choise of Hydraulit Oil filter. Drive shaft is back in but with the added length of the new parts and re-motor the front coupler hole does hole not line Up. Drill new hole and be good to go.

Spent Thursday doing more custom trim work at my aunt's house, man that takes forever cutting and fitting each piece. Almost every piece had to be ripped to a certain size and then each end was a custom cut, some with multiple cuts. Then I caulked every seam. I'll have to snap a picture next time.

My new "toy" is a joy, man this thing works wonderfully. Broke it in, I really like the big shutoff button, blade brake and surprisingly I like the blade adjustable blade skerf attached to blade, really help preventing making gauges on the cut side as you are pushing wood through. Keeps scrap off blade too once cut is pushed through.

20190912_092600.jpg
20190912_114700.jpg

This 1650 had some issues too. The hydro fluid had never been changed and the filter was a WIX . Certainly not my choise of Hydraulit Oil filter. Drive shaft is back in but with the added length of the new parts and re-motor the front coupler hole does hole not line Up. Drill new hole and be good to go.
What's wrong with wix filters?
One of the best. I have no idea who actually makes them for cub cadet

What's wrong with wix filters?
One of the best. I have no idea who actually makes them for cub cadet
Wix filters on a Bolens system is a sure looser. Loose a lot of fuzz so I don't use them on anything. NAPA Gold or Baldwin is my preference.

Just like a lot of other products like batteries, etc. Only a few that actually make the product and the company's put thier paint, name and number on it, box it up and send it out.

I was a loyal WIX user until this happened on two filters for two different vehicles. I noticed the wadded up "O" ring after an oil change on a Toyota Camry, and a Dodge Journey. Decided to start using other brands.

DAC

Wix filter Camry 002.jpgWix filter Camry 003.jpg

I actually have no idea who make filters for who but I do know after over 20 years using Baldwin filter's I have never had an issue.
There is a difference between a oil filter and a hydraulic oil filter. I have picked up a couple Bolens hydro's that had plain oil filters on them.

Got the Cub 1650 out for a test drive this evening. Have just a bit of run out on the front of the drive shaft, maybe .003". Can take care of that on the bearing alignment. Runs smooth with that Briggs twin in there. Will use it as a bare tractor for a while before the 42" snow thrower goes on it. I can put the Cub 1512 to bed for the winter.

Spent Thursday doing more custom trim work at my aunt's house, man that takes forever cutting and fitting each piece. Almost every piece had to be ripped to a certain size and then each end was a custom cut, some with multiple cuts. Then I caulked every seam. I'll have to snap a picture next time.

My new "toy" is a joy, man this thing works wonderfully. Broke it in, I really like the big shutoff button, blade brake and surprisingly I like the blade adjustable blade skerf attached to blade, really help preventing making gauges on the cut side as you are pushing wood through. Keeps scrap off blade too once cut is pushed through.

View attachment 17462
View attachment 17463
nice compact unit , would make for easy storage too

Shane

I have been working on putting the MF12 H back together. I have the majority of the silver frame parts installed, there are still a few to put on. IMG_20190914_131939027.jpg Yes that is a factory power lift option, it is one of the main reasons I bought this tractor. IMG_20190914_131944058.jpgNext is getting the fuel tank repainted along with the front axle.

I actually have no idea who make filters for who but I do know after over 20 years using Baldwin filter's I have never had an issue.
There is a difference between a oil filter and a hydraulic oil filter. I have picked up a couple Bolens hydro's that had plain oil filters on them.
Well too that depends on what they are using as hydraulic oil. Many call for motor oil anyway. Either way the filter is usually on the low pressure side of the hydraulic system, last stop before going back to whatever serves as the reservoir
In the case of the cub cadet and the ariens both of which use the sunstrand hydro, a frame ph8a, Ford fl1a, wix 51085 are direct, exact cross reference to the oem filters and they are most commonly used as motor oil filters. To buy one in this case that said "hydraulic" on the label would only be so they could get you to pay more. Do we really know what the internal difference is between one filter and another? As long as an "oil" filter shows as an acceptable interchange for the stocker there is no harm in using it as a hydraulic filter. Do you really think that your gt knows the difference?

Back