What are you currently working on??

Done for the day, Ran into an issue with one of the front tires, the rim bushings are gone. P/N 9040H and available at Jacks. I found some brass bushings and re-worked them. Fit like new (after two hours of grinding). I’ll be ordering 4 new ones for both wheels, but for now I have a rolling chassis!

Attachments

• 1 rear plate.jpg
    1 rear plate.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 2 84_5 Belt.jpg
    2 84_5 Belt.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 3 Lift spring.jpg
    3 Lift spring.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 4 by pass lever.jpg
    4 by pass lever.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 5 getting there.jpg
    5 getting there.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 7 fan.jpg
    7 fan.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 6
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 6
Had the day off school so I went to my old house I sold to my buddy to get my Sears SS12 off the storage stand, left my phone at home so no pics. Wrapped a recovery strap around frame and rear and used engine hoist to get it down, pretty uneventful. Also nloaded an old motor from my Firebird, a hydraulic press, drill press and grinder in a stand and other small stuff. I have no idea where to put all this stuff.
This pic was a few year ago, MF and walk behind was already moved a while ago.
photobucket-2124-1349952514379.jpg

Me and Dad dragged out the 1970s Heath Kit Hill Topper minibike we have had in boxes for the last decade. He painted it today, and I sat down and ordered about 200 dollars worth of parts to throw on it.

Already have a correct year NOS Tecumseh H50 for it, and a new Comet TAV30 for it. Just needed shocks, brake levers, sprockets, chains, and enough Stainless bolts to put it all together with. Good shocks set me back a 75 bucks, brake levers (period correct) 25 bucks, good chain and sprockets, plus the bolts ate up almost 200 dollars.

Should have it together this weekend. I hope so anyway! We already have one of these bikes restored. We bought 2 off the same guy in around 2008/2009. We restored the one that was 99% together, and tore this one down and its sat in boxes and bags since.

I flooded the '55 this morning trying to start it, so I got home and it fired right up after drying out all day. Drove it outside to run for awhile. Then I got out a "Worx" leaf blower/mulcher that I bought at a rummage sale a while back from the widow of a co-worker that passed away last spring. I like that is chews up the leaves great but the exhaust puts out enough dust that it got my asthma riled up a bit. Have to do some research to see if there's a filter that should go in the bag or something, Cleaned the windows in the '55. Try driving it again tomorrow.

DAC

Was going to put another Ranger box full of firewood in the mud room for the fireplace yesterday morning. Went to start the Ranger, neutral light came on and went out. Dead as a door nail. I knew the battery was bad as the last time I checked it the water in it was grey with pieces floating on top. Went to town and got a new interstate just a bit smaller. New battery fixed it right up. Have to cut about 6" off the pre-split wood as the guy had it cut for his outdoor furnace at about 24" - 26" and 16-18" works best for our fireplace. Got the end cut, about 1.2 of it re-split and in the mud room. Will get another load this morning and have a few weeks supply as long as this weather holds.

Another botched attempt at firing the old truck this morning. Didn't seem flooded but it only cranked for about 20 seconds then the clicks. Fired right up when I got home but 40 degrees warmer. Carb seems normal but it was built out of 3 junk carbs to make one. I got to thinking at work today that the battery is 10 years old. What I will probably do is buy a new battery for my wife's '06 GMC and put her old on in the '55. They will interchange fine since I put side post cables in the old truck back when I got it in 2009. Will check into that this weekend.

DAC

Your having to much trouble with that old truck Doug. Just give the truck to me and you’ll have no more stress from trying to keep the old thing going.

Noel

Just trying to help.

Hehe.

About how much wood will the ranger hold Roger ? Just wondering. Picture of it. ?

Noel

About all I want to handle in one setting Noel. Box is 58 X 38 X12 inside. I usually drop the tail gate and rack it up a foot or so then pile it full. Will see if I can come up with a pic. Computer issues won't let me load [pics lot of times. I had unloaded this before I thought of taking a picture. 3 loads will give a rack of wood 4' high X 8' long X 18 wide.Wood Load 001.JPG

Heading out to do the last mowing of the year, I think. Temps below freezing in another week or so.
Scalping today, deck will be set at 2&3/4”. Normal is 4&1/4”.

Back