What are you currently working on??

Help my son get this pig running yesterday and move to by the barn, so glad it's outta the drive.
I made a nurse jug to gravity feed the carb so we could keep it running long enough to get fuel pump to pump from tank up to carb. Once FP started spitting, we hooked it to carb and now it will stay running. I have to hook up the choke for him and make a mount for the filler neck. He also needs to get some all new lights out back and them he can sell it.

20191119_134022.jpg

With a little TLC, that truck could be made to last another 50 years. Sometimes you have to play catch-up to recover for someone else's lack of upkeep. That knows no brand name.

I really like the looks of that truck.

That’s great that the 55 is working better Doug.
I got another tractor and a snowblower done today. All serviced and checked over. Every thing works. Had to replace the battery. Still have to put the weight box on.

Noel

Thanks Noel! Ran great driving to work, Started great when time to come home. Yeah some blue on that blower would be good---but it's a worker so it doesn't really care what color it is! How's the Studebaker coming along?

Help my son get this pig running yesterday and move to by the barn, so glad it's outta the drive.
I made a nurse jug to gravity feed the carb so we could keep it running long enough to get fuel pump to pump from tank up to carb. Once FP started spitting, we hooked it to carb and now it will stay running. I have to hook up the choke for him and make a mount for the filler neck. He also needs to get some all new lights out back and them he can sell it.

View attachment 20039
That looks like a pretty solid old Ford. That front bumper looks like something for pushing off sprint cars or on a wrecker! Lots of potential!

Back to 10 hour days at work so all I got done tonight was starting to cut some slot car stickers which didn't go well. I'll put a new blade in the vinyl cutter tomorrow night and try again.

DAC

Ya Doug. The studebaker just got pushed back into the garage this passed weekend. Son has been busy with other stuff. So he’s caught up now, so he’s going to pick at the car over the winter. Need a fuel pump, then it will run, next to get the brakes fixed. Then it will be mobile and he can move it about more easily, if needed.

Noel

With a little TLC, that truck could be made to last another 50 years. Sometimes you have to play catch-up to recover for someone else's lack of upkeep. That knows no brand name.

I really like the looks of that truck.

Well come get it LOL. My son regrets buying it, ended up being a project and not really the truck he needed. He already bought a 2001 Dodge 2500 so this one will hit the road soon.

Spent most of day Weds working in the wife's Heep Liberty. Replaced both rear rotors, the rear upper control arm, both front upper control arms/ball joints and both tie rod ends. I dreaded the job after watching some horror YouTube videos on it, but all my bolts came out pretty easily. Today I'm cutting off the stock crimp rings and replacing a section of tranny cooler hose with a piece of hose and clamps. Much easier and cheaper than replacing the entire line that snakes back to tranny.

Thanks Noel! Ran great driving to work, Started great when time to come home. Yeah some blue on that blower would be good---but it's a worker so it doesn't really care what color it is! How's the Studebaker coming along?

That looks like a pretty solid old Ford. That front bumper looks like something for pushing off sprint cars or on a wrecker! Lots of potential!

Back to 10 hour days at work so all I got done tonight was starting to cut some slot car stickers which didn't go well. I'll put a new blade in the vinyl cutter tomorrow night and try again.

DAC

DAC
was thinking 70's or early 80's F truck , F250 , F350 ect

got this tiller, don't know what brand yet though 26" cut in tidy condition paint is a bit rough , rust in the fuel tank and carby unloaded it on Tuesday afternoon 5PM-ish
IMG_20191118_161916.jpg IMG_20191118_161934.jpg IMG_20191118_162045.jpg OHV engine, looked in the tank saw the rust and thought i am not dealing with this mess atm

had got a engine of another bloke from curbside and got it running good with a spark plug and a mixture adjustment a few weeks ago IMG_20191114_123131.jpg 6.5 hp OHV ,i decided to replace the engine as it would be easier than walking around searching for spare parts off other engines ,
IMG_20191119_203730.jpg engine off IMG_20191119_203813.jpgIMG_20191119_203835.jpg
the engine i removed had a 12V charging kit for a light fitted so i'll keep the old engine for future ideas ,IMG_20191119_203747.jpg < just fitting the serpentine dual pulley on the replacement engine ready to refit on the tiller and pumped the tyres up ( no leaks )

here it is finished IMG_20191119_214304.jpg IMG_20191120_135416.jpg the only thing else i had to do was reset the tine drive belt clutch so it would turn , the drive and tine drive g/boxes were full and spotless clean oil in them , it worked awesome with reverse to boot

Shane

Kenny ,it could of been a Honda , the engine had been tampered with as the bolt in the crank end for the pulley lock had been messed with as someone had put a spacer nut on the bolt as it was too long , so may have had a engine replacement before

currently checking out the forum while I have some Steve Winwood playing on another tab of the computer. saw him live almost 2 years ago.... was working on finishing the flooring of my garage attic earlier, when one of his songs from his "Traffic" days popped into my head and wouldn't leave....
song was "empty pages".... I couldn't think of the name of it, just the musical jingle part of it so I came in to google it and figure out what it was... a live rendition of" Roll with it" just finished, time to swap tabs and find another.... I hadn't heard "Dear Mr Fantasy" in quite some time til about 15 mins ago... now just switched songs on the other tab... got one of his newer songs on.. "back in the high life"...

I did something like this a while back..... Crosby stills and Nash (with and w/o Neil Young), solo John Lennon and Ringo Starr..... just get a song in my head that won't leave.....

Spent a couple hours working on the snow blowers at church. Our Ariens had a slight surge at high rpms so pulled carb and cleaned it, also changed the oil.
My pastor found s 6.5hp craftsman sitting on curb last year and brought it to the church. Oil had gas in it so drained that right off, it was so thin, about a 3rd ran down frame and all other our barn floor. :mad:
I pulled carb, cleaned it and looked at plug, it was pretty black from being rich. There is not air fuel adjustment so not sure why it's running rich. I cleaned carb, filled with oil and it runs pretty good. So now we have 2 snowblowers for church use.

We had to go into town and get a new queen size mattress and box spring so we have a bed in the spare bedroom for the holidays. Even the cheapies are big bucks---LOL! The '72 GMC got some exercise running around town so that part was fun. We bought the stuff on the east end of town, but had to drive to the west side of town to a warehouse to get it! Our daughter was scheduled to get into town tomorrow---but she surprised us by driving the 450 miles today without telling us, and showed up while we were setting up the bed in her "old room"!

DAC

went to storage and got the GT19 with the snow blower on it, thought I'd pulled the battery when I parked it in the spring, nope.
dribbled some gas in the carb kit the key and fired right up.....surprised the battery was still up.

gonna have to pull the wheel weights off the left rear and dismantle the tire and throw a tube into it.... ag tires "V tread" hard sidewalls..... every time I move this machine that tire is low, if not flat, had to air it up 3-4 times over last winter, the rest of them, not at all.... headed out to harvest and burn leaves, will leave the Bears-Giants game on TV so I can stick my head in occasionally and see how its going, not expecting much.

Decided the other day to build a new scoop bucket for my tractor. I have one now, but it's kind of hokey. This one should have a bigger bucket. Going to try and make a clamshell style for dumping the bucket. It should lift higher than the old one also. Just kind of mocking it up with 2x4s right now. pic of the old one and what I did today.
I am still debating how to go about making the arms, any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1064 (1).jpg
    IMG_1064 (1).jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG