What did you do with your tractor today?

Just hang on to them. you or someone else may need them.
I still have a tank. what size and tread pattern are you looking for?
If that tank is salvageable, I would be interested in buying it, Rick. As far as tires, all I was trying to do is find something that might hold air between filling it. The 2 inch hole in the left front of the JD110 is pretty much done for---LOL! If this project proves worth it I will buy new tires for it some day.

DAC

DSCN4621.JPG

Used the J.D.110 and the wagon to clear out a bed of canna lilies.
I used a machete to chop off the stalks and leaves. and loaded the cart for transport.
After hauling them off dug the bulbs. We filled a tote with the bulbs and hauled them to the shop for storage until next spring.
Sorry no pics.
My mom always had Canna Lillies but I don’t remember her ever digging them up. She would cut them down close to the ground and cover them with leaves. She only had a small bed of them. We never had harsh winters either. I owe a lot of my gardening experience to my mom and the old lady next door.

I split a Ranger box full of small stuff for fire starters. Got it in the mud room, box of cedar kindling in the tote and wood rack full. Fire is ready to be lit. Going to try something different. Got all the wood in place on the grates, kerosene is applied. going to let it sit and soak in for an hour or so before I lite it. Hoping it might start burning the wood quicker rather than the fule off the wood. This Red Oak is high density, hard and heavy.

I split a Ranger box full of small stuff for fire starters. Got it in the mud room, box of cedar kindling in the tote and wood rack full. Fire is ready to be lit. Going to try something different. Got all the wood in place on the grates, kerosene is applied. going to let it sit and soak in for an hour or so before I lite it. Hoping it might start burning the wood quicker rather than the fule off the wood. This Red Oak is high density, hard and heavy.
I did a similar idea with our campfires last weekend, Roger. We used charcoal to cook supper so no real fire then, but I used charcoal fluid on the split logs we had to buy there. They didn't allow outside firewood due to bark beetles. Their stuff didn't want to light. I soaked them with the lighter fluid before we needed them and they took off great! All fairly green pine though.

DAC

I used the Wheelhorse w/ shredder and trailer to get a load of leaves for the veggie garden and the greenhouse. I used my Old Wizard front tine tiller in the green house and the Troybilt Horse to till the veggie garden. Plan to get another load of leaves for each and hope to order in a pallet of manure for both. I'm getting too old to fork loose manure(which usually isn't very loose) into my trailer. Garden soil got pretty hard this year so I'm adding more organic matter to make it more friable. Gonna sink the Horse to the hilt. I only till in the fall so all the different organisms in the soil can move back to the level they want by spring.

Not having any luck at finding a single bottom 3 point plow so the garden may not get plowed this fall. Few out there but priced twice what they are worth and 150 miles away. Saw one new light built one in Kansas some place for $400. Guess I shold have kept the old Bolens and Brinley plow.

Thanks Kenny but that would be an expensive plow by the time I got it home. Nice plow though. I would even take a sleeve hitch and make the adapter for a 3 point. Found a complete Sears plow , mount and all 45 miles south of KC. 3 hr to North KC and another 1.5 hours south is a bit to far.

Thanks Kenny but that would be an expensive plow by the time I got it home. Nice plow though. I would even take a sleeve hitch and make the adapter for a 3 point. Found a complete Sears plow , mount and all 45 miles south of KC. 3 hr to North KC and another 1.5 hours south is a bit to far.
The Sears plows are NOT true 3-point. I made a 10" sleeve hitch into a 3-point hitch, then added another 10" plow to it. Be nice to sell those to someone.

I used the Wheelhorse w/ shredder and trailer to get a load of leaves for the veggie garden and the greenhouse. I used my Old Wizard front tine tiller in the green house and the Troybilt Horse to till the veggie garden. Plan to get another load of leaves for each and hope to order in a pallet of manure for both. I'm getting too old to fork loose manure(which usually isn't very loose) into my trailer. Garden soil got pretty hard this year so I'm adding more organic matter to make it more friable. Gonna sink the Horse to the hilt. I only till in the fall so all the different organisms in the soil can move back to the level they want by spring.
Sounds like a good plan, same for me.

My ole reliable MTD 990 failed to start the other day in the middle of some yard clean up. I hooked up the spark tester and no spark. I walked again all the way back to the shop then walked back to the tractor with a screw driver to pull the points box off to check. I then realized I had converted this to a Nova II module, no points! I pulled the plug out, got spark in the tester but not the plug. I changed the plug and had spark, then it fired right up. Back to work.
1164EC61-9EED-4010-B2D3-9B40C7B35D2F.jpeg

My ole reliable MTD 990 failed to start the other day in the middle of some yard clean up. I hooked up the spark tester and no spark. I walked again all the way back to the shop then walked back to the tractor with a screw driver to pull the points box off to check. I then realized I had converted this to a Nova II module, no points! I pulled the plug out, got spark in the tester but not the plug. I changed the plug and had spark, then it fired right up. Back to work.
View attachment 60262
Good deal that was a simple fix, Jim! Sounds like those Nova II setups work real well! What engine is in the 990? I have it's little brother, MTD eight hundred, and it is a Briggs 8HP horizontal shaft.

DAC

Back