What did you do with your tractor today?

OSB is decent, as long as you keep moisture away from it. Let it get wet and it's trash!

That’s true Kenny. All the half built houses around here today have wet OSB, because it’s raining. And going to rain rest of this week. What’s even worse is those half built houses with wet snow on them.doubt it would ever dry out. Some houses don't get weather tight for months.
I’ve also heard that if you use it for interior walls that are exposed in the living area that they have to be sealed because of the glues that are used to hold it together can be toxic to your health. I don’t know if this is true, just what I was told years ago. Could be different now.

Noel

Didn't use a tractor but the 4 wheeler was handy to hook on the yard trailer. Headed for the cucumber patch to pick up all the cucumbers that are left before the clean up. Got a cart 2/3 full, hauled to the boat pasture and bumped them. Will use a floor scrper to cut them in two or three pieces so the goats cane at them. If they aren't cut the can get hold of most of them. Cut and they eat them like ice cream. Now I can pick the vines up with the tractor and loader and dump them over the fence for goat feed.

Cleaned the cucumber patch free of the vine yesterday. Went good so decided to get rid of those odd ball melons we planted we don't like. Found a wet spot under the live leaves and almost got stuck. Will pull the vines off by hand and let the ground dry out more. Today will be mowing day, probably that last one for the year. 38° F this morning so not much growing days left. Will be this afternoon before any mowing as wet as it is this morning.

Cleaned the cucumber patch free of the vine yesterday. Went good so decided to get rid of those odd ball melons we planted we don't like. Found a wet spot under the live leaves and almost got stuck. Will pull the vines off by hand and let the ground dry out more. Today will be mowing day, probably that last one for the year. 38° F this morning so not much growing days left. Will be this afternoon before any mowing as wet as it is this morning.
Are those temps normal this time of year. Carol follows a lady farmer in Iowa that had frost already

Found a 54 inch plow for an old ranch king today. I modified the plow subframe andmade a bracket for the hydraulic lift for my power king. The blade will raise 6 inches off of the ground and it seems solid. I just have to figure out how i can replace the pin so i can adjust the angle from the seat.
20220926_202726.jpg

Found a 54 inch plow for an old ranch king today. I modified the plow subframe andmade a bracket for the hydraulic lift for my power king. The blade will raise 6 inches off of the ground and it seems solid. I just have to figure out how i can replace the pin so i can adjust the angle from the seat.
View attachment 59518
How about a spring loaded pin with cable or rod attached for your plow pivot.
Screenshot_20220927-051725.png
Pictures are just for an idea. Have to heavy enough and built accordingly..

How about a spring loaded pin with cable or rod attached for your plow pivot.
View attachment 59519
Pictures are just for an idea. Have to heavy enough and built accordingly..
Bolens had the spring loaded blade angle latch and a hole in the very top outside of the blade. Rope up over the nose to release the angle latch and pull the rope on the corner you want the blade to angle. Kind of old school but it worked.

Got the Cub 1862 out yesterday afternoon and mowed for 2.5 hours. Kind of tough yet in a few shaded areas but got it all cut down again. Will probably be the last time as I like to have some taller grass going into winter for better ground insulation. Going to have to check the fule pump out of the Kohler Magnum. When I start it after sitting for a week take a lot of cranking before it fires off. Don't know if the fuel pump is letting the fuel back into the tank or what.

This will be kind of a long post. The MF1450 got a workout after I got home from work tonight. The weather was too perfect to not get some stuff done! First I had to move it because it was blocking two lawn tractors that are going to the back yard for winter.
DSCN4626.JPG DSCN4627.JPG

I pulled the batteries out of the LT's and took the seat off of the Murray. Loaded them on the 1450 drag and hauled them back around front for inside storage. Also hauled the blade and tiller for the JD110 around back too.
DSCN4628.JPG DSCN4629.JPG

Then the MF1450 got parked where the LT's were. That will be home for the winter. I ordered a couple of cheapo garden tractor size covers for the GT5000 and the 1450. I had done a quick test fit on the GT5000 earlier and I think they will fit fine. They have straps that will go under the tractors and clip together. I will be happy if they last all winter. Jeez I am really having a hard time on this site. I hit enter and it posted this before I was done and I lost some pics I was trying to post!
DSCN4624.JPG DSCN4630.JPG

DSCN4625.JPG DSCN4633.JPG

I got the batteries pulled from them too so both of those tractors will live out here this winter. It was getting dark and I didn't want to put those covers on while the engines were hot. Now I have to hope for another half-way decent day to put the covers on!

Now I have a review for an internet company I have bought some various stuff from in the last 6 months or so.
Company is called Zoro and it seems they carry anything from industrial supplies to yard and garden tools. About a month ago I ordered a 50 lb box of silicon carbide blasting sand. it was about $130. It was supposed to get here mid August. The arrival date came and no show. I tracked the shipping and it had not been sent yet. I gave them one more week, still not shipped. They had not taken the money out so not a bad problem. I sent an email to customer service with the order number. The next day I got a response from "Kevin". He said you are correct. The product never shipped. You will receive your order free of charge within the week. 3 days later it was here, and they never billed me for it!
I will certainly give this company "2 thumbs up"! Last Sunday I ordered two Shop Vac filters from them and with an email discount coupon and shipping it was about 25 bucks. Some stuff ships free, and some don't. Those filters got here already, and they are even actual "Shop Vac" brand! I figured they would be ok Chinese knock offs for that price. Those filters run 25 to 35 bucks each in the stores around here. Once again I will give Zoro 2 thumbs up!

DSCN4635.JPG DSCN4636.JPG

I would have done separate posts for this stuff but I am having too hard of a time navigating the forum now. Pictures are much harder to post also.

DAC

Last edited:
You’ve been busy Doug. I like those tractor covers. HF has some similar but they look small fur GT’s. The only thing I’ve done towards preparing the tractors for winter is using gas treated with Sea Foam now.

Made me tired just reading it Doug. Will pull the battery our of a couple, rest with get the carb run empty and sit in their stall inside the machine shed. The Bever will have to do some work yet and get an oil change before winter. Now that my Ranger (Polaris) is back up and running the tractors and carts don't get much use.

You’ve been busy Doug. I like those tractor covers. HF has some similar but they look small fur GT’s. The only thing I’ve done towards preparing the tractors for winter is using gas treated with Sea Foam now.
These covers are 72" long, 54" wide and 46" tall, Jim. I saw smaller ones too in my search. Got these from an ebay store. Think it was 42 bucks for both. I have those billboard tarps that I covered the MF1450 with last winter, but I need them for a different project now. I just ran the carbs out of gas. The premium gas available here survives the winter just fine. I haven't used an additive for many years.

Made me tired just reading it Doug. Will pull the battery our of a couple, rest with get the carb run empty and sit in their stall inside the machine shed. The Bever will have to do some work yet and get an oil change before winter. Now that my Ranger (Polaris) is back up and running the tractors and carts don't get much use.
It was tiring, Roger, mainly because I had just put in 10-1/2 hours on the job too. Can't wait to be retired like you guys! Sure glad your Ranger is back in action!

DAC

Used the J.D.110 and the wagon to clear out a bed of canna lilies.
I used a machete to chop off the stalks and leaves. and loaded the cart for transport.
After hauling them off dug the bulbs. We filled a tote with the bulbs and hauled them to the shop for storage until next spring.
Sorry no pics.

Used the J.D.110 and the wagon to clear out a bed of canna lilies.
I used a machete to chop off the stalks and leaves. and loaded the cart for transport.
After hauling them off dug the bulbs. We filled a tote with the bulbs and hauled them to the shop for storage until next spring.
Sorry no pics.
Speaking of a JD110, I looked around in my junk and do you think I could find one old 8" tire to put on that tractor, so all 4 tires hold air again?

I didn't get any evapo rust to see if my tank will clean up yet, Rick. I will send those parts back If I have to scrap this tank.

DAC

Back