What did you do with your tractor today?

Had to do one more clean-up from our 4 day blizzard. Today was the warmest day in a week or so and will be the warmest for the rest of the year unfortunately. Temp was right at 32F and the MF8E did a good job and ran great again. Plowed Wednesday and today. Much more fun and pleasant plowing today---LOL!
DSCN4938.JPG DSCN4939.JPG

DSCN4940.JPG

Put the tractor in the shop and fired up the little MTD snowblower and it also did a good job. Some of you may remember I got that snowblower free and in pieces. I put new belts and 15 dollar carb on it and now it is doing the job. You can see in the pics that the drift was about an inch taller than the blower.
DSCN4941.JPG DSCN4942.JPG

Now they are melting off and the squeegee work is happening!
DSCN4943.JPG

DAC

Tractor will stay under cover. No sense getting them out if I don't really need them. Ranger SxS is down, waiting for the other 3 bolts to put the flywheel cover back on. No heat in the shop so to cold to work on it anyway. Will use the 4 wheeler and big cart to haul wood.

I had a John Deere 10 wheel rake that was slow to lift and to lower. Had to stop at the ned and wait for it to drop or to raise. The used restrictor in the hydraulic line to slow it down. Drilled it out to 1/8" but that was to much. Put a cotter key in the hole and was just right for me. About twice as fast as the original.

That is my job for the day. About 2 large yard carts full will go in the mud room. If can get the 10 hp spliter motor to start without taking the belt to the pump off I may split up a bunch of small stuff for starting the fire. Have plenty of kindling. I start with cedar kindling, then about 3 pieces of small split Oak, then bigger stuff on top.

That is my job for the day. About 2 large yard carts full will go in the mud room. If can get the 10 hp spliter motor to start without taking the belt to the pump off I may split up a bunch of small stuff for starting the fire. Have plenty of kindling. I start with cedar kindling, then about 3 pieces of small split Oak, then bigger stuff on top.
I don't need no kindling for about a week. My fire isn't going to go out.
Don

We use a built in fire place and it takes more tending to than a stove does. If/when i replace the fireplace I will probably put in a wood stove. Get a lot more heat from the wood in a stove than a fireplace. Better than nothing though.
If you are talking about one of those zero clearance steel fireplaces I understand your problem. If it is brick or stone an insert may be the answer.
Don

It is an old Sears steel fireplace from 1982. Built into the corner of the living room. Was put in when the house was built. The shaft for the damper has enlarged the hole through the exhaust flue. I got the front side patched up but cannot get at the back side without tearing out the wall. If I have to do that, something new will go in. An insert would not solve the issue in this case. Been a lot of wood burned in this one over the last 20+ years. They don't last forever. Might check into replacing the flue but doubt that would be feasible either.

Last edited:
Back