What did you do with your tractor today?

Some electric splitters have a foot operated switch. But that seems to take away the safety part of it.

I’m use to operating mine with the safety button and the lever.

I’ve seen some homemade set ups that turn the switch on while operating the hydraulic lever.

I use a 3” wood block in mine for that extra distance to split the wood. Also a 4” and 5” block.

Noel

I built my spliter with that 3" space between the wedge and the ram. I have a 4X4 about 10" long with a rope handle on it. If apiece isn't split when the ran stop I drop the 4x4 in and push it on through. Every 3-4 years have to replace the 4x4. I have the wrong valve on mine. Have to have the lever held to move the ream, both ways. It don't kick out when the ran hits the end either. Just makes the belt squeal. I have run it enough I know right when to stop it but any one else gets on the lever and they can take the belt out in 5 min.

I think about all of the electric splitter have that hold on safety button. I can see why but a real PITA to have to deal with. Be better to have that switch incorporated with the hydraulic lever so one hand could operate both. Some time you just have to have that other had to hold the wood turned right.
I am going to rewire the switch with one from an old table saw, a friend of mine did this. The lever on mine has to be held to operate, two settings, one is slower for hard wood and the other is faster for soft wood. The model I have does kick out and return if there is too much prerssure. I just have to shut it off for a few seconds and it resets.

Some electric splitters have a foot operated switch. But that seems to take away the safety part of it.

I’m use to operating mine with the safety button and the lever.

I’ve seen some homemade set ups that turn the switch on while operating the hydraulic lever.

I use a 3” wood block in mine for that extra distance to split the wood. Also a 4” and 5” block.

Noel
I also have a few different size blocks, I make mine by cutting off pieces of my thees I bring out.

I built my spliter with that 3" space between the wedge and the ram. I have a 4X4 about 10" long with a rope handle on it. If apiece isn't split when the ran stop I drop the 4x4 in and push it on through. Every 3-4 years have to replace the 4x4. I have the wrong valve on mine. Have to have the lever held to move the ream, both ways. It don't kick out when the ran hits the end either. Just makes the belt squeal. I have run it enough I know right when to stop it but any one else gets on the lever and they can take the belt out in 5 min.

I think about all of the electric splitter have that hold on safety button. I can see why but a real PITA to have to deal with. Be better to have that switch incorporated with the hydraulic lever so one hand could operate both. Some time you just have to have that other had to hold the wood turned right.
I seen where several guys clamped the button down or wired in a foot switch. That was one of the complaints most didn’t like about the electric splitters. I would like one hand free to hold the wood.

Might get the Satoh out and split a bucket full of wood to refill what we have used so far. Wood is covered but would like to get it split and in the dry.
You need a some bulk bags with the Satoh to move the wood. This way the bilk bag is filled once and ready to use vs. a bucket dump.

A Yanmar owner posted this today from the UK with his F120.

1670548100430.png

Be good for carrying but I can keep the bucket/Ranger bed at waist level and not have to bend over to pick it all up off the ground again. I pick it up one time to get it split and the next time it goes in the house at the fireplace.

Be good for carrying but I can keep the bucket/Ranger bed at waist level and not have to bend over to pick it all up off the ground again. I pick it up one time to get it split and the next time it goes in the house at the fireplace.
I hear that Roger. Yesterday I had x-rays of my lower back taken. I've been hurting for a long time but now it's making me less productive. Got called this morning and I was actually in a quiet building at work for once. She said I have "severe arthritis in the lumbar spine". Now it sounds like more damm pills.

Gettin' old ain't for wimps!

DAC

The mild porcedure helped my back issues a lot, but now it is the hips that give the problem. Especially walking up grade. The slighest incline walking up a road will really set them off. I'm sure it is uncle Arthur visiting and brought his bedroll with him.

I hear that Roger. Yesterday I had x-rays of my lower back taken. I've been hurting for a long time but now it's making me less productive. Got called this morning and I was actually in a quiet building at work for once. She said I have "severe arthritis in the lumbar spine". Now it sounds like more damm pills.

Gettin' old ain't for wimps!

DAC
Three things have help with severe arthritis that are not pills. Oh my, yes, its cayenne pepper! Devil’s Claw, and the other is Arnica Montana.

Before Ben-Gay or other athletic creams were available, a cayenne salve or Arnica Montana salve were used. Aloe or coconut oil as a base for the salve was typical back in the day. Many people still use these salves today vs. pills or other creams that have side effects or causing dry skin eczema.

Why coconut oil as a base for salvs and creams? It has Magnesium stearate.
Magnesium Stearate | Remedium Health
Contributes to the rapid penetration of active ingredients in-depth, which makes it a very suitable ingredient for gels in physiotherapy procedures. In this way, your body absorbs the active ingredients in the right area. Without magnesium stearate, it would be difficult to predict the outcome, quality, and consistency of the drug.

Only use Arnica Montana. The other Arnica related plants have limited health benefits.
Arnica Montana for Joint Pain, and Arthritis. | Remedium Health

Devil’s Claw.
Devil's Claw for Joint Pain and Arthritis | Remedium Health
An early study published in the journal Joint Bone Spine reported that devil’s claw extract was able to relieve pain, improve mobility and reduce the need for additional medications. The study was conducted in 61 people with arthritis of the knee or hip.

I was developing sever arthritis in my hands at a young age. The connection was soft drinks and eating a crappy fast food diet. Took 8 years to rid the crap out of my system. Cayenne was a huge help taking internally and as a salve to get the hands back to normal in weeks. I'm now on a 'modern' keto diet. It's more flexible vs. the strict type. My health has rebounded way better than being in my 30s.

Devil's Claw is very powerful. I don't take on a daily or weekly basis. Only in high pain conditions where other things just don't work. Sciatica pain is one of them. When the lower back goes out, this is my 1st go to. No if-and-buts about it. It's 100X more effective than Motrin. It has similar pain relief like Morphine. And like Morphine, Devil's Claw does have an analgesic effect. Less side effects than Morphine and you don't become addicted to it. People with sever joint pain from Lyme's take this. It has a weird name like many of the natural stuff does. LOL

OK, that should be enough to keep the pain away and have a better daily life.

Three things have help with severe arthritis that are not pills. Oh my, yes, its cayenne pepper! Devil’s Claw, and the other is Arnica Montana.

Before Ben-Gay or other athletic creams were available, a cayenne salve or Arnica Montana salve were used. Aloe or coconut oil as a base for the salve was typical back in the day. Many people still use these salves today vs. pills or other creams that have side effects or causing dry skin eczema.

Contributes to the rapid penetration of active ingredients in-depth, which makes it a very suitable ingredient for gels in physiotherapy procedures. In this way, your body absorbs the active ingredients in the right area. Without magnesium stearate, it would be difficult to predict the outcome, quality, and consistency of the drug.

Only use Arnica Montana. The other Arnica related plants have limited health benefits.

Devil’s Claw.
An early study published in the journal Joint Bone Spine reported that devil’s claw extract was able to relieve pain, improve mobility and reduce the need for additional medications. The study was conducted in 61 people with arthritis of the knee or hip.

I was developing sever arthritis in my hands at a young age. The connection was soft drinks and eating a crappy fast food diet. Took 8 years to rid the crap out of my system. Cayenne was a huge help taking internally and as a salve to get the hands back to normal in weeks. I'm now on a 'modern' keto diet. It's more flexible vs. the strict type. My health has rebounded way better than being in my 30s.

Devil's Claw is very powerful. I don't take on a daily or weekly basis. Only in high pain conditions where other things just don't work. Sciatica pain is one of them. When the lower back goes out, this is my 1st go to. No if-and-buts about it. It's 100X more effective than Motrin. It has similar pain relief like Morphine. And like Morphine, Devil's Claw does have an analgesic effect. Less side effects than Morphine and you don't become addicted to it. People with sever joint pain from Lyme's take this. It has a weird name like many of the natural stuff does. LOL

Where do you get these?

Devil’s Claw.

Last fall a salesman stopped by while I was mowing and had some of these type of lotions and salves. Looked like they were from GNC. My hands are pretty bad too, and he gave me a small sample of a cayenne, black pepper coconut concoction of some sort. I hate coconut, the only thing that crap is fit for is apes---LOL! Anyway I did rub some on my right hand which is the worst one even though I'm left handed---LOL! I do believe it eased the pain but I would rather hurt than put up with the smell and greasy feeling it left. I couldn't get that stink washed off until the next day it started going away! I think it had to be some kind of hoax as people can't possibly be putting something that smells that strong on themselves and going out in public! I couldn't take it all alone! Went in the garbage pretty fast, along with the guy's sales brochures and business cards.

Hopefully the products you are talking about are tolerable, Brett!

DAC

Last fall a salesman stopped by while I was mowing and had some of these type of lotions and salves. Looked like they were from GNC. My hands are pretty bad too, and he gave me a small sample of a cayenne, black pepper coconut concoction of some sort. I hate coconut, the only thing that crap is fit for is apes---LOL! Anyway I did rub some on my right hand which is the worst one even though I'm left handed---LOL! I do believe it eased the pain but I would rather hurt than put up with the smell and greasy feeling it left. I couldn't get that stink washed off until the next day it started going away! I think it had to be some kind of hoax as people can't possibly be putting something that smells that strong on themselves and going out in public! I couldn't take it all alone! Went in the garbage pretty fast, along with the guy's sales brochures and business cards.

Hopefully the products you are talking about are tolerable, Brett!

DAC
I love the smell of coconut oil.

Back in 2019, I watched a documentary on Alzheimer's and Dementia. One of the breakthru events was found in the late 1970s. Coconut oil is one of the very few substances know to man to fuel the brain other than the chemicals the body makes to fuel the brain. As we age, the body makes LESS. So in the 3 studies the documentary reviewed, along with the people in the studies, people demonstrated how well short-term and long term memory rebounded. All it takes is 1-teaspoon in the morning and one at night. More doesn't mean the brain will function better, only going number 2 happens sooner. LOL

:thumbs:

Back