What did you do with your tractor today?

Just used my Kubota BX to move dead mowers and 4 wheelers out of shop to barn so I have room to work. Need to remove the backhoe and put 3pt back on so I can till garden.
And Aaron, if someone asked me how long you had the 570, I'd have said maybe 3 years tops. Man how the years click by!

Just used my Kubota BX to move dead mowers and 4 wheelers out of shop to barn so I have room to work. Need to remove the backhoe and put 3pt back on so I can till garden.
And Aaron, if someone asked me how long you had the 570, I'd have said maybe 3 years tops. Man how the years click by!
It does go fast! It goes faster every year.

My oldest is turning 14 in November she was only born a year ago. My boy is turning 9 on July 22nd. He was only born 6 months ago. My youngest is turning 7. She was born 3 months ago.

Not sure how this all adds up!

My mom told me when they were born to enjoy the kids when they are young because before you know it they will be grown up. I thought no way I have years and years…it’s gone in an instant you don’t even know it’s flying by.

Plus to add to it I missed so much being at the mine 60-72 hours a week that I didn’t even get to enjoy it. I’m trying to make up for it now!

It does go fast! It goes faster every year.

My oldest is turning 14 in November she was only born a year ago. My boy is turning 9 on July 22nd. He was only born 6 months ago. My youngest is turning 7. She was born 3 months ago.

Not sure how this all adds up!

My mom told me when they were born to enjoy the kids when they are young because before you know it they will be grown up. I thought no way I have years and years…it’s gone in an instant you don’t even know it’s flying by.

Plus to add to it I missed so much being at the mine 60-72 hours a week that I didn’t even get to enjoy it. I’m trying to make up for it now!
My Mom died and our daughter graduated high school within 2 weeks in 2009. At that time Darius Rucker's song "It Won't Be Like This For Long" was popular. It really hit home. Time going by like you describe is real, Aaron.

DAC

Had the Bever out yesterday morning to load a plow on the trailer that is going to a consignment auction next Saturday. A IH 1250 GT with 42" snow thrower is loaded also. Haven't used the16' trailer in over a year. Don't need 16' and more so going to down size. Got the auction yard and right next to where I put my stuff was a H&H brand (Local build) 6'x10' tilt bed trailer just like I want. Going to have to be watching that one.

Not today but this past week I masked off, primed, and actually repainted the engine for my 10hp 857 Craftsman after about 2 weeks of stripping off the old paint. I masked it off and primed it on Wednesday evening, let it sit in the 80 degree sun most of the day Thursday and part of Friday, and painted it with 2 coats of Gloss White VHT engine enamel on Friday. I was gonna let the primer cure for another week until I heard the forecast of cooler temps so that's what made me paint it when I did. The first 3 pictures of it are when I taped it off, the next 5 pictures are when I put primer on it......

View attachment 67611

View attachment 67612

View attachment 67613

All primed after 2 coats of gray VHT flameproof primer.......

View attachment 67614

View attachment 67615

View attachment 67616

View attachment 67617

View attachment 67618

All painted after 2 coats of gloss white VHT engine enamel on the block, and VHT Flameproof white ceramic coat on the muffler.......

View attachment 67619

View attachment 67620

Here are links to what I used......

Turned out nice. Taking masking tape off is like unwrapping a present.

finally had enough free time to cut my grass on Sunday! It was like mowing for hay! It went dead, greening up, to rain forest in the course of a few days!

I already need to cut again. I think tomorrow when I get home from work I am going to knock it down again! I'd do it again but tonight is dance, taekwondo and dinner out with the family. Not much time left for chores!

Topped off the gas in the X570, checked the oil and transaxle fluid, and she fired right up! This has definitely been one of the better purchases I've made! My warranty ran out this year. I got her in May of 2018. 300 Hours on the clock. The hour meter was growing faster when my dad was using it to cut his yard as well. I typically cut an hour or two a week (depending on how fast the weeds in my yard grows) and use it to pull a wagon around. Since the purchase of the 4 wheeler I'll use it to pull the wagon around and other chores I'd typically use the tractor for.
I need to use my 4 wheeler more for work. Years ago we had nine acres and my neighbor had a bigger place and used a Honda Rancher almost for everything. He had all kinds of attachments for that. He was the very reason I wanted no other than a Honda.

Everything I touch lately is going bad to the point I’m afraid to take a leak. This has been over about a week of trying to get things done. I started out tilling both gardens and the drive belt started slipping. I noticed it was almost completely broke. I managed to finish up but couldn’t till like I wanted the tines just kept stopping.

I got my Simplicity 3515H out to cut the grass for the fourth time this year and half through that the drive belt to the deck on it broke. My second grass cutter the Cub Cadet LT1050 has been down since last year due to a bad starter. Thank God for ole Hoopdy my third grass cutter. This little guy has been outside covered up all winter and starts right up. I finished cutting with that then the RF tire goes down. I found a hole then plugged that so finished up the grass.
I pulled out from a traffic light in our 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and blew a gasket somewhere and the cab filled up with steam so I had to blindly pull over while people were blowing their horns at me. I’m thinking a heater core. I got water from a gas station but only drove about five minutes and it was getting too hot. I had to be towed home. A few days later I disconnected the heater core lines and coupled them together so I could start it. I think I have worse problems now, it starts to get hot after about 15 minutes then white smoke. Im thinking now maybe it’s a blown head gasket. I’m not sure what I’m going to do Carol loves this car but it has 205K on it. I haven’t worked this deep on an engine since 1992 on a Chevy G20 cargo work van I had. I’m kind of nervous about this one. Life goes on lol.

Debating whether to take the snowblower off of my GT19, not that I am gonna need to blow any snow anytime soon but I'd left the blower on that machine for the past handful of years, just parked it as was in the warmer months, just like I do the mowers in the winter....
Last year my son needed the tiller that mounts on back, so I took the blower off. I blew up the other GT19, that I had been leaving the tiller hooked to full time, and was all ready to repower it (have an engine here that would have been a direct bolt in, even) and when I got into it I discovered the rest of the tractor needed more work than I was wanting to put into it. So I parted that one. And the tiller went onto the tractor I usually only blow snow with.
And then never needed it to blow snow even once this past winter. Not complaining about that.

I was actually looking for parts for the chassis on the blown up tractor last summer, and lucked into a whole, running GT16 that was in a while lot better shape than this blown GT19 was. ... With less overall work needed and a NICE deck and a snow blade to boot...
I pirated my new wiring harness off that blown machine along with the rear pto and swapped them over to my new gt16... Funny thing was how little I had to pay for the 16... I could put the tiller on there but last fall I finally found a rear pto mount bagger for these machines, (something else that I will only use part of the year) and I can't mount the tiller and bagger at the same time....
I did go out and fire up the gt16 last weekend, fired up after sitting all winter like I had run it yesterday.., no jumper cables, no ether, just hit the key.
I think the 19 that needed so much work was in that condition because before I got it it had been left outside for years, and the others I have, had been stored under some kind of a roof when not being used, more often than not.
That one that blew up (I proved that series 1 KTs don't like side hills with it, mowing ditch banks) had more rusted and seized parts I had to free up when I had first gotten it, than the previous 1/2 a dozen tractors id worked on, combined.

Everything I touch lately is going bad to the point I’m afraid to take a leak. This has been over about a week of trying to get things done. I started out tilling both gardens and the drive belt started slipping. I noticed it was almost completely broke. I managed to finish up but couldn’t till like I wanted the tines just kept stopping.

I got my Simplicity 3515H out to cut the grass for the fourth time this year and half through that the drive belt to the deck on it broke. My second grass cutter the Cub Cadet LT1050 has been down since last year due to a bad starter. Thank God for ole Hoopdy my third grass cutter. This little guy has been outside covered up all winter and starts right up. I finished cutting with that then the RF tire goes down. I found a hole then plugged that so finished up the grass.
I pulled out from a traffic light in our 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee and blew a gasket somewhere and the cab filled up with steam so I had to blindly pull over while people were blowing their horns at me. I’m thinking a heater core. I got water from a gas station but only drove about five minutes and it was getting too hot. I had to be towed home. A few days later I disconnected the heater core lines and coupled them together so I could start it. I think I have worse problems now, it starts to get hot after about 15 minutes then white smoke. Im thinking now maybe it’s a blown head gasket. I’m not sure what I’m going to do Carol loves this car but it has 205K on it. I haven’t worked this deep on an engine since 1992 on a Chevy G20 cargo work van I had. I’m kind of nervous about this one. Life goes on lol.
Don't take a leak whatever you do until this streak of bad luck passes, Jim! ---LOL! Wow you really got hammered here! Does the Jeep have the 4.0? I'm gonna sell the 2004 "Heep" Grand Cherokee Laredo sitting in the back yard. I don't want to work on it any more. It runs great----for about 8 minutes, then shuts off like the key got turned off. Sometimes it starts right back up sometimes it don't. I just can't get my hands into places where components are that need serviced on these "newer" vehicles.

DAC

Don't take a leak whatever you do until this streak of bad luck passes, Jim! ---LOL! Wow you really got hammered here! Does the Jeep have the 4.0? I'm gonna sell the 2004 "Heep" Grand Cherokee Laredo sitting in the back yard. I don't want to work on it any more. It runs great----for about 8 minutes, then shuts off like the key got turned off. Sometimes it starts right back up sometimes it don't. I just can't get my hands into places where components are that need serviced on these "newer" vehicles.

DAC
It’s the 4.7 Doug. I just don’t have enough confidence in myself for a his engine. The gasket kit runs about $300. plus checking the heads makes me just want to let someone else do it. The chain guides from what I understand should be replaced too. I’ll sleep on it for awhile.

Used the Craftsman GT5000 for a trailer-puller today. Needed to pick up and cut up branches that were too big to mow. Used the "Worx" battery powered pole saw quite a bit. It cuts real well, but the chain loosened and derailed once. The whole yard doesn't need mowed yet but will probably do some of that tomorrow.
IMG_0894.jpg IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

I should probably figure out building some kind of tool rack on the yard trailer.

DAC

Used the Craftsman GT5000 for a trailer-puller today. Needed to pick up and cut up branches that were too big to mow. Used the "Worx" battery powered pole saw quite a bit. It cuts real well, but the chain loosened and derailed once. The whole yard doesn't need mowed yet but will probably do some of that tomorrow.
View attachment 68036 View attachment 68033

View attachment 68034 View attachment 68035

View attachment 68037

I should probably figure out building some kind of tool rack on the yard trailer.

DAC
Looks like you had a good eventful day Doug. While you were driving your tractor around did you think about being at work. Lol I built a couple of scabbard type chain saw holders with a box in between to carry fuel, bar oil, and a few tools. It just hung off the front of my trailer. It doesn’t work too good with the 4 wheeler towing it because it limits my turning. I need to design and build another one. I want to put some hangers on it too like you mentioned for yard work.

While you were driving your tractor around did you think about being at work. Lol
Not a bit, Jim---LOL! I did have to go to the plant today---to buy eggs from our supplier. Got in and out fast as I could!

Got the mowing done by 1pm. It is terribly dry and dusty. Hope tomorrow's forecast is correct with a good chance of thunderstorms.
IMG_0896.jpg IMG_0897.jpg

That tractor ran and did the job well, but not as nice as the MF12G. A floating deck does a better job.

Took a shower and Loree had the afternoon off in comp time so we went to Applebee's for an early supper. Used the gift cards I had gotten. We had good steaks and it wasn't real busy due to being mid afternoon.

DAC

I had the MF7 out Saturday for the first mow of the year. Sorry no pictures. I need to get some weight on the front end. Front end comes off the ground letting out the clutch. I have not had time to get batteries in the rest of the tractors. Been out of town for work and will be out of town next week to go see my son and daughter. Projects are pilling up already.

I had the MF7 out Saturday for the first mow of the year. Sorry no pictures. I need to get some weight on the front end. Front end comes off the ground letting out the clutch. I have not had time to get batteries in the rest of the tractors. Been out of town for work and will be out of town next week to go see my son and daughter. Projects are pilling up already.
Wheelies are fun, Ted---LOL! Dang work getting in your way. Have a nice time visiting your kids!

I still need to get a front weight box built on the MF1450. Hopefully soon!

DAC

Back