What did you do with your tractor today?

Not tractor work but my SIL bought a Craftsman power washer brand new last spring. Called me yesterday morning said it wouldn’t start. Went over to look at it, no primer bulb, no choke, no throttle. Just pull and instant power it said on one of the stickers on the side of it.

The fuel was still what they put in it when it was last used. Drained tank and took the carb apart. Carburetor looked clean. No junk in it .Sprayed it down with some cleaner anyway and reassembled. Added fresh fuel to the tank. 50,000 pulls later, no luck. Put some gas in a spray bottle and took the air box back off. Sprayed some gas down the throat of the carburetor. Couple of pulls later it fired right up.

I’d never buy one of those pieces of junk.

jhn9840
John
My Craftsman pressure washer is 10-12 years old but it is like your SIL's, John. Just an off on switch. It always starts great cold, but don't like to start hot sometimes. I have often thought about converting it to a manual choke, but never got around to it.

Hehe, 50,000 pulls. Good that you got it going John.

Noel
Yup John's a way better man than me Noel---LOL! I'm played out at about 5 pulls---LOL!

My cousin used my tractor with loader to help him cut up some wood at his place Great to get the wood off the ground and be able to stand and cut the wood.

Noel
You are a lucky man, Noel, to have such a responsible cousin that you trust him with your tractors and care enough to have his picture on the fireplace mantle even---LOL!! Looks like he did a great job!

About all that I did with a tractor was to run the MF8E and MF12G out of the shop, drop the lift, put the tractor decks back on then back the MF8E on the lift. Left the 12G on the ground.

DAC

Garage has a rock floor that has gradually turned into a dirt floor where we park the vehicles. Carolyn was gone so was a goo time to clean thing up a bit. Got my truck and the mowers out of the way and time for the Beaver to go to work. The 6 tines on the plate bolted in the bucket came in handy once again. Low side of first, all wheel drive and started to get under all the crud and down to the rock. Rocking the bucket a bit kept it going forward and under the packed down dirt fall of from the vehicles. Got 5 or 6 buckets of chunks and dirt out, then used the blade to drag the piles at the end of the pushes back out into the drive to smooth things up. Made a big difference pulling in to the garage as no humps to drive over. Carolyn came home and drove in the garage and never noticed any difference. :mad: Remind me not to ride with her !

26" tires weren't stock on a 1250, 23s were.

I mowed 5 hours on a 1200 cub,my wife on a cub 1250.
Last time out (last weekend) my newest ariens (to me) laid down, I thought condenser or coil issue, started popping and backfiring when hot,
But no. I got on it today and started off like a million bucks and once it got hot it did like last week.
I left it sit, got the cub 1200 out, mowed around it til the 1250 ran outta gas and we had to make a gas run/ so it had plenty of cool down time.... .was able to partly fix it by playing the choke, flipped the hood up and ran the mixture screw out which helped to a point... now thinking collapsed (internal) fuel line or plugged pickup in the tank or possibly a weak fuel pump...... Engine is a K341 gray, 2 tags, engine is newer than tractor.
When it runs it runs too good for it to be an internal engine issue .... Not a valve or anything like that....
It's run too good since I got it til a week ago for something like that. It does need a good blow off/blow out with the air wand.... I didn't bring my air hose or blow gun out there with me today. .

Got a side job in the garage right now, and headed out camping next weekend (yeah I did get a different camper a couple days ago) so I won't be able to dig into that ariens /k341 for at least a week and 1/2

26" tires weren't stock on a 1250, 23s were.

I mowed 5 hours on a 1200 cub,my wife on a cub 1250.
Last time out (last weekend) my newest ariens (to me) laid down, I thought condenser or coil issue, started popping and backfiring when hot,
But no. I got on it today and started off like a million bucks and once it got hot it did like last week.
I left it sit, got the cub 1200 out, mowed around it til the 1250 ran outta gas and we had to make a gas run/ so it had plenty of cool down time.... .was able to partly fix it by playing the choke, flipped the hood up and ran the mixture screw out which helped to a point... now thinking collapsed (internal) fuel line or plugged pickup in the tank or possibly a weak fuel pump...... Engine is a K341 gray, 2 tags, engine is newer than tractor.
When it runs it runs too good for it to be an internal engine issue .... Not a valve or anything like that....
It's run too good since I got it til a week ago for something like that. It does need a good blow off/blow out with the air wand.... I didn't bring my air hose or blow gun out there with me today. .

Got a side job in the garage right now, and headed out camping next weekend (yeah I did get a different camper a couple days ago) so I won't be able to dig into that ariens /k341 for at least a week and 1/2
I had one occasion like that where the spark plug was my problem. It’s normally the things you’ve already tried.

I moved the MF12H out of the garage for now and brought in the Case 195 to replace the rear axle seal. I also need to replace the gas shut off valve, there was gas in the engine oil. I also brought down the MF14 I mow with to change the engine oil in it and replace the fuel pump. I use my other 14 with the loader to haul a few bucket loads of leaves and mulch up to a burn pile.

MFDAC asked me about the old MTD I have IMG_20230527_161151089_HDR.jpg tractor needs some TLC. The float in the carb is not working correctly, I use the shut off valve to control the gas flow to the carb for now. The big issue now is not wanting to shift from forward to reverse unless the tractor is on a flat spot. Funny thing is of all the tractors I have this is the only one I ever bought brand new, 32 years ago.

Thanks for the pic, Ted. 32 years of service is still darn good for "newer" tractors too!

I walked around on the grass mid-morning and my boots didn't get very wet, so figured I better do "Mowing Monday" Thunderstorms were in the area so it was a rush and I got no pictures. Got done about 45 minutes before the wind, hail and rain came in!

The Craftsman GT5000 got the job today. It ran great and did a nice job. Just couldn't get between a couple trees.

DAC

It was "Mowing Monday"! MF12G got to do the job today as the grass did get a little long in the areas the GT5000 won't fit. The old tractor does a better job anyway than the newer one.

The dang cottonwoods are in full cotton! Had to stop and clean that after the front half of the yard was done.
DSCN5298.JPG

It ran great and did a nice job, as usual!
DSCN5297.JPG

DAC

It was "Mowing Monday"! MF12G got to do the job today as the grass did get a little long in the areas the GT5000 won't fit. The old tractor does a better job anyway than the newer one.

The dang cottonwoods are in full cotton! Had to stop and clean that after the front half of the yard was done.
View attachment 69568

View attachment 69567

DAC
That’s a nice looking MF Doug is it original. It’s rare to have the plastic hood nose intact. Mine was in pieces beyond repair and the last time I checked that alone was close to $100. I can’t imagine having to pick cotton off your tractor like that.

I don’t like doing much on Sundays but I knew with Carols eye surgery coming up I would be out of commission for a few days. I used the MTD 990 and trailer to clean the chicken run out. It wasn’t too bad but unloading it for compost later in the year wasn’t fun. I had to use a pitch fork. I could have really used Jason’s trailer unloader he built.
FB445BDC-B893-4A8D-B74F-DD3B55C15489.jpegEC66FB2F-01FD-417F-A060-7729D5659A5A.jpeg
DAF356AE-D2D6-44DF-8EC9-A3E699F72266.jpeg
C216360E-B6ED-42D9-99B2-76F0F0EF202E.jpeg7ADD7F00-670B-441F-9A85-27DACE7A543E.jpeg
I added some more bedding in the coop too. It’s almost about 9” high now so I’ll be cleaning the coop out about mid July.
7D23282D-3D59-4B1E-92CA-6CD9B51846E9.jpegACDAC430-EAAE-4F31-92B3-43EC80331CE7.jpeg

View attachment 69568

View attachment 69567

DAC

Nasty stuff Doug. Tractor looks great.

Noel

That’s a nice looking MF Doug is it original. It’s rare to have the plastic hood nose intact. Mine was in pieces beyond repair and the last time I checked that alone was close to $100. I can’t imagine having to pick cotton off your tractor like that.
That cotton just brushes off in big clumps. Just need to shut the engine off and it almost falls off on it's own, Jim.

The tractor is modified with a re-power. The engine is a 13 HP Predator and a few years ago, I rebuilt the deck. The deck got repainted at that time. All the paint on the tractor itself is still original. I know there are reproduction nose trim but don't know how much they cost. Looking forward to seeing yours go together some day.

Those chickens are living their best life with the luxurious condo you built for them!

Nasty stuff Doug. Tractor looks great.

Noel
Yeah Noel, but it cleans off easy at least!

DAC

Back