What did you do with your tractor today?

No pictures but it was Mowing Monday, Noel---LOL! Had to finish the sandblasting project first. I wanted to have the MF12G ready but didn't get time. The Craftsman GT5000 got the chore again. It acted like a vapor lock again but I figured out that at 1/4 tank on the sight gauge, the fuel doesn't flow well, especially at an angle. Both times this happened, the tractor had quite of tilt. Put more gas in it, and no problems the rest of the afternoon. It was nice mowing since we had enough rain recently that there was very little dust for once.

DAC

Last edited:
No pictures but it was Mowing Monday, Noel---LOL! Had to finish the sandblasting project first. I wanted to have the MF12G ready but didn't get time. The Craftsman GT5000 got the chore again. It acted like a vapor lock again but I figured out that at 1/4 tank on the sight gauge, the fuel doesn't flow well, especially at an angle. Both times this happened, the tractor had quite of tilt. Put more gas in it, and no problems the rest of the afternoon. It was nice mowing since we had enough rain recently that there was very little dust for once.

DAC
My MTD990 is like that once it gets down around a quarter tank it won’t flow well. I’ve tried re routing the fuel line, different filters and still doesn’t help. Whenever I feel like it I’m going to install a pulse fuel pump.

My MTD990 is like that once it gets down around a quarter tank it won’t flow well. I’ve tried re routing the fuel line, different filters and still doesn’t help. Whenever I feel like it I’m going to install a pulse fuel pump.
For the price of the electric fuel pumps and simplicity to hook up I change everything over once a problem shows up. Just have to be sure to get a low pressure pump. down around 2-3 psi.

No pictures Doug. My Mowing Monday didn’t happen. Weather turned sour and no mowing happened.
Sounds like yours turned out well.

Noel
Nope no pics. It's just mowing, nothing exciting, Noel! Our sour weather last weekend made for better mowing conditions Monday at least.

The GT5000 has a pulse pump which I thought might be weak but a little more gas in the tank and it filled the filter well. I think that the sight gauge actually hangs a little lower than the fuel fitting on the tank.
DSCN5192.JPG

DAC

For the price of the electric fuel pumps and simplicity to hook up I change everything over once a problem shows up. Just have to be sure to get a low pressure pump. down around 2-3 psi.
My pulse pump I put on my Sears SS15 was about $12. and only took a few minutes to install. That’s been 7 years ago and no problems.

I had to push mow the yard are a few days ago for 2 1/2 hours with a break about midway. I ordered the required deck belt for my Simplicity 3415H and it was actually 2” smaller than I needed. I was so mad. I thought the heck with these so called parts numbers so I ordered one the actual size I needed and it came on Saturday. Now I’m watching it rain off and on for three days and seeing the grass getting higher and higher. I got the belt on and mowed for 3 hours then ran the string trimmer for about an hour. Now I’m all caught up until about Monday with all the up and down ran and sun we’ve been happening. When I got done today with the tractor I noticed my Welsh plug was gone. I might take an early morning walk tomorrow and see if I happen to find it. I guess I’ll order a few of them.

I cut up an ash tree that blew that over a dew weeks ago because it was dead and rotten at the ground. It was in the alley that hadn't been cleared off so I hooked the DA 916 to it and dragged it out into the open. That wood was hard and it run a couple batteries down before I got it cut up. Now I need to split some to get it for campfire.

Back