What did you do with your tractor today?

Makes you feel good after all the hard work don't it..
Put a little spray wax on that bugger for sitting over winter..

Yes it makes me feel great, especially now with all my medical crap goin’ on. I just can’t believe I got 2 trophies in one year, the last one I got was 2 years ago and I never got one again until this year. My mind is still blown. I put some Meguiar’s red paste cleaner wax on it today too before I put it in its hole. Although we have a couple more beautiful days coming and I would like to take it out a couple more times, all I have to do now is take the battery out and cover it. I already put a little bit of stable in the gas tank. I can’t believe I’m doing this already, I feel like I’m gonna cry.

Hooked up the leaf vac this morning, took a while (and some carb cleaner) to get it started, once running it did just fine. Two loads so far, probably two more this afternoon --- for now:

1698962357885.png

Three full loads of leaves today, more later when the soft Maple leaves decide to fall.

I'm tired of pulling starter ropes! Yesterday it was the big trimmer (Husqvarna), today it was the Stihl leaf blower & the leaf vac, none had been started since last fall as this is the only time I use them anymore. It might help if I started them occasionally, but I don't think of that til I need them!

What did I do to my tractor today?…. Not that much. I bought some hardware for the yellow Craftsman and I got this for the hydro, cause mine was Mickey moused by the previous owner and my stepdad thinks it’s the problem on why it won’t start because it’s not getting connection from the battery to the starter generator when we test it with a meter. I’ll try it and we’ll see what it does, but I have my doubts that he’s right..…

B496B0D6-0D2C-4B7B-9226-05C1964CC0DA.jpeg

Meter Testing……

7E8AA5B9-EB3E-4114-98D6-E8E36828E6D6.jpeg

What did I do to my tractor today?…. Not that much. I bought some hardware for the yellow Craftsman and I got this for the hydro, cause mine was Mickey moused by the previous owner and my stepdad thinks it’s the problem on why it won’t start because it’s not getting connection from the battery to the starter generator when we test it with a meter. I’ll try it and we’ll see what it does, but I have my doubts that he’s right..…

View attachment 75143

Meter Testing……

View attachment 75144
Last fall my DA 916 wouldn't start and I thought it was the solenoid but turned out to be the battery cable, wouldn't clean as it was so hard, new cable and runs fine.

Haven't had a tractor out in over a month. No energy to do anything. Darn radiation anyway. Put a new backup monitor in my truck this morning. Found out this afternoon the old camera works with the new monitor so saved some work there. At least I have backup camera again.

Back