What did you do with your tractor today?

Also getting the John Deere LX255 ready for mowing season. The old battery is really tired so I'm swapping in a new one that is on the charger right now. We actually bought this battery 2 yrs ago for one of my JD GT225's.

Attachments

• GOPR4454-m.jpg
    GOPR4454-m.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 6
  • GOPR4455-m.jpg
    GOPR4455-m.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 6
  • GOPR4456-m.jpg
    GOPR4456-m.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 6
You've been busy as usual, CJet! Is your grass really that green or did you use a filter on the gopro? Ours was white this morning but now back to brown! Probably will start getting a lot of green in it fast now with all the moisture for nearly 4 days!

DAC

You've been busy as usual, CJet! Is your grass really that green or did you use a filter on the gopro? Ours was white this morning but now back to brown! Probably will start getting a lot of green in it fast now with all the moisture for nearly 4 days!

DAC
The Gopro settings may be a little over saturated but the grass is still pretty green. Here is a pic from my other camera.

Attachments

• 100_6063-m.jpg
    100_6063-m.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 6
Warmed up John Deere LX255, jacked one side up, and got the oil and filter changed. Noticed a wet spot on the concrete and could smell gas. Looks like its leaking around the fuel shutoff solenoid. Might be a bad gasket or just missing. Took the deck off to sharpen the blades. Looks like I forgot to clean it off last fall. Looking at the belts, I think its time for a new set.

Attachments

• 100_6051-m.jpg
    100_6051-m.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 100_6052-m.jpg
    100_6052-m.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_6054-m.jpg
    100_6054-m.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_6055-m.jpg
    100_6055-m.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_6056-m.jpg
    100_6056-m.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_6057-m.jpg
    100_6057-m.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_6058-m.jpg
    100_6058-m.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 100_6059-m.jpg
    100_6059-m.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 6
The Gopro settings may be a little over saturated but the grass is still pretty green. Here is a pic from my other camera.
Wow, you guys have some bright green grass! Don't ever get like that here. Like its a darker shade of green. Wait, I guess ours is pretty much hay and weeds---LOL!

Warmed up John Deere LX255, jacked one side up, and got the oil and filter changed. Noticed a wet spot on the concrete and could smell gas. Looks like its leaking around the fuel shutoff solenoid. Might be a bad gasket or just missing. Took the deck off to sharpen the blades. Looks like I forgot to clean it off last fall. Looking at the belts, I think its time for a new set.
Looks like the top of that deck needs a good cleaning!

DAC

Wow, you guys have some bright green grass! Don't ever get like that here. Like its a darker shade of green. Wait, I guess ours is pretty much hay and weeds---LOL!

Looks like the top of that deck needs a good cleaning!

DAC
The grass will stay green here most of the year unless we get a sever drought. We also get a lot of moss in the lawn that will take over if we don't thatch it out. It needs to be done again soon. On the mower deck, I think I blew things off with the leaf blower but then it got used several more times as the grass kept growing and the Maple leaves got bagged up.

The grass will stay green here most of the year unless we get a sever drought. We also get a lot of moss in the lawn that will take over if we don't thatch it out. It needs to be done again soon. On the mower deck, I think I blew things off with the leaf blower but then it got used several more times as the grass kept growing and the Maple leaves got bagged up.
We have a long dead grass season here!

DAC

Been busy making some new doors on my tractor. Some of you may remember a couple years I put a windshield and plastic side drapes on for winter time plowing. Well the side plastic drapes sucked. Difficult to get in and out and started to rip. So made up new ones with 1x1 framing, lexan plastic and lift off hinges for easy removal. Used magnetic strips on front of doors to keep closed. Latches on the inside as well. Hinges were one of the biggest challenges. Last thing I want was to bolt and unbolt doors on every summer /winter. Probably weigh about 25-30 lbs ea but still enough not to be holding them up trying to get bolts started. Everything came out pretty good. Happy with them. But boy they got expensive till I was done. Lexan alone was $270. Some pictures below.
2024-03-24_17-03-38_099.jpg

2024-04-03_13-43-05_497.jpg
2024-03-24_17-03-52_156.jpg

Wow Bill nicely done. I’ve bought that stuff before and get sticker shock every time. It’s very durable but it does scratch easy so be careful. You had the same idea I had when I was reading your thread. The drop on type gate hinge will work well for you. The black frame looks good too. :thumbs:

Thanks Jim. The lexan plastic does/can scratch easy you just have to careful what you use to clean it with and watch what go up next to. But another side you beat it with a hammer and it won't break.
And the larger part of the black frame is painted black. Honestly had so clear "glass" I didn't want to look like the Pope plowing snow..

Thanks Jim. The lexan plastic does/can scratch easy you just have to careful what you use to clean it with and watch what go up next to. But another side you beat it with a hammer and it won't break.
And the larger part of the black frame is painted black. Honestly had so clear "glass" I didn't want to look like the Pope plowing snow..

Looks good Bill. Wear black, not the Pope then. Hehe.

Noel

Nice work, Bill! Back in the 80's, early 90's I had an endless supply of fairly large pieces of Lexan scraps. Worked in a signshop that made a lot of commercial backlit displays. Quite often they were odd shapes as to what the rolls of lexan would come in. Rather than store the pieces they would go in the dumpster. Labor wise it wasn't cost effective to store it in a way where it would be good for another sign project, and that way the customer was always assured of brand new materials. Wish I would have kept it all but only grabbed some now and then and it's all gone now.

DAC

Cut grass, cut grass, cut grass it’s already been three times this year. We’ve had nothing but rain, sunshine, frost then repeat for a month now. I started out cutting with Hoopdy then about an hour later it started slipping and jerking. I noticed the other day I had to pull the brake/clutch pedal back with the top of my foot to get it to release. I figured a spring or something. I put in the shop to check it out later. I finished up with the Cub Cadet LT1050. I went on YouTube last night to see what could cause the slipping. This is my first newer LT I’ve ever had so I’m learning about these tin buckets. Most all showed grass and dirt build up right under the brake/clutch arm restricting it from tightening the drive belt up. I might look at it today or tomorrow. I just replaced the PTO belt on this last week. Carol was working in her flower beds and she seen me switching tractors. She says what now another belt lol. She’s very supportive of my buy it broke and fix it addiction.

Back