What did you do with your tractor today?

Guess I have slept since then!!!:rolleyes:
Seriously, Rick, I don't remember who pointed out that it was a CC blade on the MF8E. All I knew it had a IH sticker on it which fell off years ago. I've slept a few times since then also as it was probably about 12 years ago! :thumbs: Could have been our late friend KennyP!

With all that snow Doug I hate to post my grass cutting. I used the Cub Cadet LT1050 today with its new high dollar starter. It performed flawlessly. I cut almost two acres with it some yesterday and finished up today. It’s the first grass cutting of the year. I didn’t want to work the LT too hard but seems like the 23 HP Kohler courage handles the 50” deck well. I definitely have to dis connect the switch that kills the PTO going into reverse. I thought I done that but guess not.
Yeah rub it in why don't you, Jim! I would say the high dollar starter paid for itself to allow you to run that tractor for two acres worth of mowing. Also considering the cost of the tractor to you. That LT must have a floating deck? Rides on the contours of the ground rather than hanging at a rigid height off the tractor? Has deck wheels. Your beautiful yard looks well cared for enough that you shouldn't have to be easy on that tractor! I think it should handle what you can give it. The biggest downfall to that freebie Craftsman GT5000 I have is the rigid deck. That 54" deck hangs at a set height. Can adjust it with the deck lever but that's still not a prime setup. The 42" deck on the MF12G and even the 38" deck on the JD110 do a far superior cut on a yard with as many contours as our little acre has.

Didn't use the snow crew today. Didn't get home from doc appts until about 3:30. Sun was out but at 22F with 35mph wind I wasn't going out in it that late in the day. May not need it anyway.

DAC

I'll be sitting in the tractor seat tonight watching the FULL BLOOD MOON EVENT !

I'm staying up tonight to see the Blood Moon eclipse. It will begin in the last hour of my time zone on Palm Sunday and into the next hour on the Jewish feast day of Purim.

This is a real treat before the next American eclipse in under 2 weeks.

Go here and see how well you could see it in the next 1-1/2hrs !

Solar Eclipse...

Bret

My son works for our country parks, he was told our county population may triple from people coming in to see the eclipse since we are in the path. He told me last night to fill up the cars with fuel 2 to 3 days before as they think we also may run out of fuel due to all the visitors that day.
I'll be chained to the work bench so no matter to me :confused:

My son works for our country parks, he was told our county population may triple from people coming in to see the eclipse since we are in the path. He told me last night to fill up the cars with fuel 2 to 3 days before as they think we also may run out of fuel due to all the visitors that day.
I'll be chained to the work bench so no matter to me :confused:
I'll read about it the news. Honestly couldn't care less..

We were at Menards here locally and their grand opening special in the automotive section was new battery for the GTs was on sale for $36 US so I bought two. One for the Sears Custom 10 XL, and one for the Jacobsen super 12. I will take the one from the Sears and put it in the Homelite T-16 H for now until I can afford the proper one. These batteries are 319 cca. Will give them a try.

So I got my MF7 deck fixed up. I went back to the drilling and putting pins through. But this time I coated the shafts, couplings and pins with Goop. It’s great stuff. I’ve used it on many things over the years.
So I changed the shaft coming out of the gear box and the coupling. Took those parts out of another deck.
Feels good and solid now. We will see how it works.
And I put Por15 on the underside of the deck, for protection.

Noel

Attachments

• IMG_8073.jpeg
    IMG_8073.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8074.jpeg
    IMG_8074.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8075.jpeg
    IMG_8075.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8076.jpeg
    IMG_8076.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8077.jpeg
    IMG_8077.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8078.jpeg
    IMG_8078.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8079.jpeg
    IMG_8079.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 7
Your deck reminds me of my experience with a Bolens shaft drive going into a right angle gear box. It was a total nightmare and parts hard to find. No wiggle room at all for a worn part. Glad you got it together and hope it works for you.

We were at Menards here locally and their grand opening special in the automotive section was new battery for the GTs was on sale for $36 US so I bought two. One for the Sears Custom 10 XL, and one for the Jacobsen super 12. I will take the one from the Sears and put it in the Homelite T-16 H for now until I can afford the proper one. These batteries are 319 cca. Will give them a try.
I've been using them for several year, I get about 3 yrs out of one, that's also with a lot of amp draw using my bucket/snow plow winch. The last one pooped out on my this spring, drilled some holes, poured in an Epsom salt solution and the ran on boost for several hours, seems to have regenerated it some.

I relocated the newer tractor seat in the shop area. Found the mounting plate for it too.
The seat is a Marine seat. Most of the Marine seats are UV ray protected in the materials used.

Many of the tractor replacement seats no-long come with UV grade material. When you buy these new seats for $150 to $200, they are only good for 5 years now. So frustrating.

Last summer, I picked this up at a yard sale for $15. It was never used. My current seat is coming apart now too quickly. I've waited an extra year so as to extend the life of the replacement.

The seat also has a bottom swivel. I have to set it to 30 degrees rotation.

20230618_113127.jpg

On some of the more plush Yanmar models, there is a seat swivel for 30 degrees. This saves your neck from turning around and looking back so much. Below is the OE mounting my machine does not have. So I need a durable plate to simulate this.

YM2310 seat mount - catalog page_493760142.jpg

YM1810D-YM2310 swival seat.jpg

Last edited:
More details,

boat_seat_swivel_mount.jpg
Boat Seat swivel is designed for permanent seat attachment.
Black finished, Heavy duty powder coated steel.
Swivels 360-degrees ball bearing
Self-lubricated, non-corrosive, poly swivel bearing heavily plated steel to resist corrosion
Perfect for marines seats or barstool or your DIY chair projects.
Mounting screws are not included
mount diensions.jpg

Its universal 4-1/2" to 6" hole pattern design fits most seats.
7" x 7" x 7/8" thick

The Yanmar swivel is like the boat seat system. Just why is this? Yanmar is huge in sail boats and sail crafts. Bringing this over to their Ag world is a plush option.

platform swivel.jpg

Friday I ran the string trimmer and the mower and mowed for the first time getting ready for today.
Saturday I edged all the sidewalks and cleaned them up and then ran the roller over the top of the mole runs.
Edy was happy. Everything looks real nice for the family dinner today. People are starting to wander in already.
Happy Easter, everyone

Yeah Rick that’s the way it goes if we had high grass they all would complain. 32 is a lot of mouths to feed we had 15 with a few no shows. It’s a lot of work and expensive but the joy is sitting around watching all the family having fun and carrying on traditions. Our two girls have complained about me growing a full beard that makes me look too old for over a year. I shaved back to a goatee and neither one mentioned it yesterday.:rolleyes:

Pulled the blower and back weight bracket off of the Craftsman and replaced the broken belt. Now its ready for next winter. I'll haul it to the barn for storage later today.

Attachments

• GOPR4445-m.jpg
    GOPR4445-m.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 6
  • GOPR4446-m.jpg
    GOPR4446-m.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 5
  • GOPR4447-m.jpg
    GOPR4447-m.jpg
    365.8 KB · Views: 5
  • GOPR4448-m.jpg
    GOPR4448-m.jpg