What did you do with your tractor today?

Got the mowing and trimming done today. GT5000 ran fine so Loree did good on her mow a week ago, didn't break anything! Still haven't had time to get the MF12G and the JD110 ready for some mowing duties yet. Got a couple of LT's that probably should be exercised too.

Tomorrow is left eye cataract surgery so hopefully the grass won't be too bad by the time it needs mowed again.

DAC

I actually cut everything for a change all 3 1/2 acres along with weed eating an area I only cut 3-4 times a year. It took me a little over five hours with a break about mid way. I was getting so tired of cutting something every few days trying to catch up. I was so tired but it felt so good the next morning having some coffee on the back porch looking at everything all cut and done. The CC 1050LT is running flawlessly since I installed that new heavy duty starter.

Attachments

• IMG_0591.jpeg
    IMG_0591.jpeg
    470.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0592.jpeg
    IMG_0592.jpeg
    454.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0593.jpeg
    IMG_0593.jpeg
    471 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0589.jpeg
    IMG_0589.jpeg
    446.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0590.jpeg
    IMG_0590.jpeg
    487.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0580.jpeg
    IMG_0580.jpeg
    420.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0579.jpeg
    IMG_0579.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0573.jpeg
    IMG_0573.jpeg
    439.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0578.jpeg
    IMG_0578.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0567.jpeg
    IMG_0567.jpeg
    410.2 KB · Views: 11
We have a fairly large area that we kept mowed nice for family reunions we hosted for about 8 years. Horseshoe court, flat area for Croquet, shade for playing yard Junga, etc. Kids got older, only a couple showed up for the last one so we quit hosting the reunion and quit mowing that area. Haven't mowed it for several years now. Getting some Queen Anns lace in it now so may knock it down again. Cut about 45 min off the mowing time.

Yesterday morning was garden time. Ground was work up good and was talking rain last evening so had to do it. I made two rows and Carolyn put in 150 onion plants. I finished up the fence to keep the rabbits out. Then planted the big moon pumpkins, some small green pumpkins, ornamental gourds, a row of cucumbers along a panel fence and small decorator pumpkins. Cauliflower is setting heads even with the leaves gone. Tomatoes are forming maters so put the 3 cages around them. to late for radish or lettuce this year. Will have to see what farmers market has available. Cutting way back this year due to work ability and only the two of us plus a very late start. No watermellon of musk mellon this year. Will buy a couple - less work for sure.

Placed my brothers Brinly CC-500 up on CL, the images turned our super nice. Wish I could keep it now, but I have nothing to pull it.

oh, and posted on the site here too,
I have this listed on a few tractor forums. Received 3 responses. Best offers are $50, $80 and $120. I thought I had priced this well enough looking at what was sold from 2015 till now. Postings from way back were about $300. So I dropped to $260 thinking this would move fast.

1. Is my asking price unreasonable.
2. Are those people low-ballers looking to snag it and then re-sell to get a huge profit off my restoration?

I mean, the Brinly single plows went for $250 and $300 last summer.

Anyone have some feedback?

Oh, and found this rather recent posting, yet no wheels and really crusty looking.

Last edited:
I have this listed on a few tractor forums. Received 3 responses. Best offers are $50, $80 and $120. I thought I had priced this well enough looking at what was sold from 2015 till now. Postings from way back were about $300. So I dropped to $260 thinking this would move fast.

1. Is my asking price unreasonable.
2. Are those people low-ballers looking to snag it and then re-sell to get a huge profit off my restoration?

I mean, the Brinly single plows went for $250 and $300 last summer.

Anyone have some feedback?
I believe some people throw a number out with really no intentions of buying just to be (a ) holes.
I'll always counter them by taking $5 off...usually the last you hear from them..

Thanks guys. Follow up this morning went well. Still have some trouble reading and typing though. The surgeon said that readers will be the only glasses I will need.

DAC
Glad your doing well Doug. Hope you're running out of stuff to get fixed..
And the Dr. didn't tell you what size readers to get ?

1717631864736.png

Just funnin with you Doug..God I hope not...

Glad your doing well Doug. Hope you're running out of stuff to get fixed..
And the Dr. didn't tell you what size readers to get ?

View attachment 82279

Just funnin with you Doug..God I hope not...
Doug Carol and I both had a choice of lenses. We both chose for distance and use readers for close ups. Glad it’s over for you and things will be better.
Thanks for the laugh, Bill and the comments Jim and Rick. I will have to figure out readers yet. Right now my glasses seem to be working ok. The bifocal part is ok. Don't seem to need the rest of the lens though! Will have to look and see what power the ones I got for welding are, and if that power might work. Just worked on some sign stuff this afternoon.

I now return everyone back to "What did you do with your tractor today?"---LOL!

DAC

Back