What did you do with your tractor today?

Doug and others you got to watch this comedian talking about eye exams. I can relate to this. Carol had so much difficulty letting the dr know which lens looked the best. Years ago she got tri focals and had such a hard time gradually moving her head to focas it was so funny she was just like this comedian.

Doug and others you got to watch this comedian talking about eye exams. I can relate to this. Carol had so much difficulty letting the dr know which lens looked the best. Years ago she got tri focals and had such a hard time gradually moving her head to focas it was so funny she was just like this comedian.

Brian is hilarious, been watching him for years. He sounds like Jim Gaffigan alot.

When I first had to get bifocals a couple yrs ago, I tried the progressive lenses, just couldn't do them. Got headaches and screwed with my vertigo for some reason so I went with lined, did fine.
A couple months ago I went with trifocals due to work, I had blurry vision right at my work bench and computer, the tris fixed that great and only took me minutes to get used to.

I spent part of the day washing and waxing the MF8, Case 195, and Minneapolis Moline 110, getting them ready for the show on the 22nd. Only issue was when I was done the Case doesn't want to start. The starter/generator won't spin it fast enough. I think it is the battery, I put the charger on it and will check in a few hours.

I had contacted a guy about a wheel horse, snowplow, and ended up buying two from him. Since he was going to be coming to my area to pick up an outboard motor and would be within 5 miles of me he delivered them. He delivered them yesterday morning . In order to put the snowplows where I wanted them, I needed to move some garden tractors. So while I had them out of the workshop I decided to wash them and dry them with the leaf blower. The Amigo, Mocraft, Massey, and Elec Trak all got a spring cleaning, and may get polished today.IMG_1269.jpegIMG_1261.jpegIMG_1251.jpegIMG_1246.jpegIMG_1288.jpeg

Last edited:
I had contacted a guy about a wheel horse, snowplow, and ended up buying two from him. Since he was going to be coming to my area to pick up an outboard motor and would be within 5 miles of me he delivered them. He delivered them yesterday morning . In order to put the snowplows where I wanted them, I needed to move some garden tractors. So while I had them out of the workshop I decided to wash them and dry them with the leaf blower. The Amigo, Mocraft, Massey, and Elec Trak all got a spring cleaning, and may get polished today.View attachment 82390View attachment 82391View attachment 82392View attachment 82393View attachment 82405
Great lineup of tractors, Rick! Is that seat on your MF8E what they had originally? Mine never had an original seat when I got it. Previous owner had cut down a fiberglass racecar seat and put on it. I got a padded pan seat at TSC 14 years ago and put on it.

DAC

Mowed again with the Craftsman GT5000 even though it was 90 degrees with a hot wind blowing. Figured I better do it since I've had a couple of good days with back pain! Might not be so good tomorrow. Hopefully I will lower the lift tomorrow and get a couple of Massey Fergusons off of it---LOL!

DAC

Have deck off my GT16, ready to mount tiller
Had to order 5/8 diameter clevis pins from master carr, just got those today,
Had to go see my mom at the nursing home so didn't get the tiller mounted, was dark by the time I got back.
I last used the tiller on my gt19's / will be first time using on the gt16.
Should be fine as I had a buddy with the same exact setup years ago. His was actually my 1st Ariens, came here and left here both, as a basket case, never got to use that one.
Gotta till up my front yard this weekend, take out, level and reseed.

My MF 12 tractor quit today. Not good. HH120 Tecumseh engine. You know what that means. After a half a dozen try’s over 15 minutes or so it started and I got the loader work job done. But. I would say the solid state ignition box is going. I think that’s what it’s called. And of course no longer available. Not good. I had replaced the original one quite a few years ago. Cause it did the same thing. Lucky for me at that time I had a spare bad HH100 engine and the ignition was good in it. I have no more spare engines. Not good.

Noel

My MF 12 tractor quit today. Not good. HH120 Tecumseh engine. You know what that means. After a half a dozen try’s over 15 minutes or so it started and I got the loader work job done. But. I would say the solid state ignition box is going. I think that’s what it’s called. And of course no longer available. Not good. I had replaced the original one quite a few years ago. Cause it did the same thing. Lucky for me at that time I had a spare bad HH100 engine and the ignition was good in it. I have no more spare engines. Not good.

I'll check this morning and see if still have the 110 down in the machine shed. May have traded it to a friend for his wood splitter.

Great lineup of tractors, Rick! Is that seat on your MF8E what they had originally? Mine never had an original seat when I got it. Previous owner had cut down a fiberglass racecar seat and put on it. I got a padded pan seat at TSC 14 years ago and put on it.

DAC
When I got mine, it was a frame and transaxle with a plastic tote full of parts no seat no tires no rims. I used what I had for a seat.

Just finished mowing the West lawn and around the garden. Run through part of the garden first with the cultivator to turn up the weeds. I need to work on the shovels though. got them out of Canada, cast shovel and the cutting edge is nonexistent. Need to grind off the back side so they will cut better. Have 1/2 shovel overlap so still getting the weeds turned up.

Noel
Damm that sucks, Noel! I never had to use one but it seems there are some ignition kits out there to repair the Tec HH 100 and 120 engines with bad ignitions.

Maybe a repower could be done if nothing else?

When I got mine, it was a frame and transaxle with a plastic tote full of parts no seat no tires no rims. I used what I had for a seat.
The way you built that basket case, it sure looks like an original restored tractor, even with the repower. Great job, Rick!

I didn't get to do any tractor work, but I think there will be a big problem looming with the MF1450, besides the worn drive splines on the transaxle that has kept me awake at night a couple times. That wide pan Kohler 321 that should be a narrow pan block seems to be leaking more oil. I'm afraid one of those plugs that were made to fill the voids in the block are seeping out oil worse. I haven't even run it yet this year but the cardboard under the engine while the tractor is stored on the lift had soaked up and is now dripping on the floor. I didn't like the looks of that setup when I overhauled the engine but had no other option at the time. Suppose I will get it outside, keep adding oil and run'er till she blows---LOL! I love having a tractor with a 3 point but this thing might be beyond saving yet!

DAC

Noel
Sorry Noel but the Tech engine is not there. Must be the one I traded to a friend a couple years ago. Have a Wisconsin 8hp that needs rebuilt and a Briggs with unknown condition.

Back