What did you do with your tractor today?

Right after I got my Bolen's G16XT the clutch/brake pedal would constantly jump about 1/4". Took a lot of investigating but finally found it. The pulley on the right-angle gear box was one of the made-up ones with the hub welded to the pulley. Only in this case they did not get the pulley centered on the hub, which threw it out of round in turn causing the jump in the belt and everything around it. Replaced the pulley and has been smooth as could want it ever since. My gear drive tiller tractor.

Roger was right on about the heat! I need to spray weeds again but with temps hovering around 100* it ain't happening! We did get a break from it today but had other stuff to do. Heavy clouds helped a lot today, especially with the house a/c down.

DAC

Tractor and loader is going to get put to work hauling stump grindings for mulching the pond area. Got it burned down without killing any flowers a week or so ago so time to cover it all up. Wanted this done last apring but the weather had different ideas.

Started in tearing the down building apart yesterday. Got the back wall hauled to the burn pile and most of the one end. The other end fall out so is laying on the ground where the back wall and other end was on top of the upside-down roof. When I get the walls all cleared off will get the neighbor with his big tractor and loader and roll the roof back over. Can start taking the steel off then. Don't thin one panel got damaged and all the rafters and nailers are good. Just have to separate everything and clean it all up. Two or three of the 4x4 post are good, rest broke off at ground level.

Finished removal of the walls from the building and hauled to the burn pile. I think they will go up in smoke this morning. Real heavy dew with some fog and no wind. Will grab some pics this morning. Trying to decide the best way to roll that roof back over with minimal damage to the steel. 10 - 4x4 post to clean up this morning and get stored under a roof. Storm pulled 4 post and broke the off the other 6 at ground level. The loader on the CUT is sure earning it worth with this project.

IMAG0004.JPG IMAG0001.JPG

Plan is to place 3 - 4x4's about 8' along, side by side against the end of the 2x6 along the front in the first pic, to keep the steel from folding when the roof is rolled. Two chains under the header about 6 ft both sides of the center in the back. Also a strap from the center forward and bring them all together about 4' ahead of that center stub. This should hold the roof section fairly straight. The telehandler can get close enough to that point to start the lift. Estimated weight is around 800 lbs actual lift weight as the long end wil not leave the ground. Lifting and the pulling the roof should come up and roll forward while the machine hold it from falling. Then lower it to the ground. If it starts to get away from us wil just drop it and be done with it. Main thing is to keep the main part of the machine out of harms way of the roof should it decide to fall. Anyone have a better idea?

Great car and cool tractor, Eric! Nice looking yard and driveway too! Always wanted to pave my driveway but it never happened.

DAC
Thank you for your compliments Dac, we appreciate them as always. The car is unfortunately not ours, it belongs to one of my stepdads friends from Massachusetts. Hes working on it for him, and replacing the exhaust manifold gaskets. Its a 1968 Chrysler 300 with an original color of bronze, and a big block 440 engine. I figured I would take the opportunity to get a picture of it with the tractor while its here. While our yard and driveway look nice in the picture, thats because its dark. Ha ha. They both really ain’t that good, but they are “good enough”. The driveway has cracks in it and car oil spots from where we change it, and the yard is ok but its definitely not perfect. Its got grass that don’t grow in spots and is kinda burnt.

Used 2 tractors today. The Bolens/MTD mobility scooter tractor carted my @$$ around doing some grass/weed trimming. Then since it was the coolest day of the week "they" say, I fired up the MF1450 with the crane attachment and started hauling junk around behind the shop that had been piling up in front. Did what I could with the crane then pulled it off the 3 point and put the drag on. It works good for a platform to haul junk on. it was pretty windy and that beats the crap out of me. All the junk is gone around back and the apron in front of the shop got leaves swept up that had accumulated around the junk! I'm tired!

DAC

I got my MTD 990 out for the first time since last Fall. With a quick jump it started right up. This 16 hp Briggs is one of the slowest turning engines to start. I gave it a good wash and drove it around awhile. The Rustoleum gun metal gray is fading hardly no shine at all. I rebuilt this entire tractor except for the engine to be a worker that I could count on. It’s basically a new old tractor.

Attachments

• IMG_1319.jpeg
    IMG_1319.jpeg
    543.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1328.jpeg
    IMG_1328.jpeg
    484.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1321.jpeg
    IMG_1321.jpeg
    534.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1320.jpeg
    IMG_1320.jpeg