What did you do with your tractor today?

Used the Bever with loader again today. Hauled the blind up to the shop first, then the 8' tower. Later, after the good hardware was removed the blind went to the burn pile. That should make a good black smoke for a while. Pulled the old wooden 5th wheel wagon gear out and parked it where Carolyn wanted it. 2 tires were low so had to air them up a bit first. Backed the trailer with the load of stuff that was in the pallet building that is now upside down in front of the open door to unload for storage again. Have two wagon I would like to sell but hard to even give away anymore. One is a 100-bu. barge box with a solid but fair floor, with working hoist. Pulls like most auto steer wagons. Second is a steel flair box 90 bu. wagon with a good floor and good towing gear with working hoist. Barge box was used to haul wood out of the timber. Flair box was used for shelled corn for the pellet stove in the basement.

I had a long day yesterday from 9:30 to 5:30 with about an hour rest for lunch I was beat. I pulled three tractors out that haven’t seen daylight since last Fall.
IMG_1097.jpegIMG_1100.jpegIMG_1099.jpeg

I used my 4 wheeler to winch them out where I could work on them better. Ticks are bad again this year so I didn’t want to stand in the weeds.
IMG_1096.jpeg

The Sears SS15 wouldn’t start so I towed it to the shop. I was surprised the battery was still hot and no flat tires. I traced a no spark back to the points not firing. I cleaned them up with just a flat file and it started right up.

The Simplicity 7117H started right up with a jump. I drove it around the property for awhile, I love this tractor it’s got so much guts and the repowered Kohler 20hp Magnum runs so smooth. I noticed last Spring the starter bendix would hang up a couple of times. After I got it back to the shop it wouldn’t engage at all just spin. I’m going to pull the starter off and do a good cleaning usually will fix this.
IMG_1098.jpeg

The Simplicity started right up with no jump and no flats. I drove it around awhile too.

Later I done some weed eating in prep for some grass cutting today. It hurt me but I knew I would be so glad this morning that I done it yesterday. After that I took a little break then mixed up some weed and grass killer in the backpack sprayer. The gravel driveway was starting to need the grass cut lol. This year I found my go to weed and grass killer. I haven’t been able to get for two years. It’s the best I’ve used at $38. a gallon of concentrate that makes 85 gallons. That’s less than .50 a gallon. Carol said are you sure you can carry that. I said it’ll be hard at first but I’m headed where I can spray a lot fast to lighten the load. Lol I’m tired this morning but it’s a good feeling getting a lot done. Now off to the grocery store and maybe lunch later.

Moved the items from the destroyed building that has been on the trailer for about 3 weeks now. Got it all inside the old pole building back out of the weather again. Parked the trailer back against some big tractor tires out of the way. Then jumped on the 1862 CC and started mowing. 2 hours later I had most of the yard mowed. Carolyn will finish it around the shrubs, her flowers, clothes line, etc. where my 54" deck won't fit. Her 42" works just fine for those areas. Rain moving in off to the NW of us now. Carolyn went shopping first thing, got home just before I finished mowing. Had a box with 6 baker's dozen (+ a few extra the gal said) of sweetcorn. Maybe Sundy will get that all in the freezer. Magnum has his spa day tomorrow so won't get a lot done that works best with two of us.

I had a long day yesterday from 9:30 to 5:30 with about an hour rest for lunch I was beat. I pulled three tractors out that haven’t seen daylight since last Fall.
View attachment 83704View attachment 83705View attachment 83706

I used my 4 wheeler to winch them out where I could work on them better. Ticks are bad again this year so I didn’t want to stand in the weeds.
View attachment 83703

The Sears SS15 wouldn’t start so I towed it to the shop. I was surprised the battery was still hot and no flat tires. I traced a no spark back to the points not firing. I cleaned them up with just a flat file and it started right up.

The Simplicity 7117H started right up with a jump. I drove it around the property for awhile, I love this tractor it’s got so much guts and the repowered Kohler 20hp Magnum runs so smooth. I noticed last Spring the starter bendix would hang up a couple of times. After I got it back to the shop it wouldn’t engage at all just spin. I’m going to pull the starter off and do a good cleaning usually will fix this.
View attachment 83707

The Simplicity started right up with no jump and no flats. I drove it around awhile too.

Later I done some weed eating in prep for some grass cutting today. It hurt me but I knew I would be so glad this morning that I done it yesterday. After that I took a little break then mixed up some weed and grass killer in the backpack sprayer. The gravel driveway was starting to need the grass cut lol. This year I found my go to weed and grass killer. I haven’t been able to get for two years. It’s the best I’ve used at $38. a gallon of concentrate that makes 85 gallons. That’s less than .50 a gallon. Carol said are you sure you can carry that. I said it’ll be hard at first but I’m headed where I can spray a lot fast to lighten the load. Lol I’m tired this morning but it’s a good feeling getting a lot done. Now off to the grocery store and maybe lunch later.
You have some cool tractors there, Jim! Looks like several more goodies still tarped in the pics too! That SS15 looks like a pretty heavy duty machine!

Moved the items from the destroyed building that has been on the trailer for about 3 weeks now. Got it all inside the old pole building back out of the weather again. Parked the trailer back against some big tractor tires out of the way. Then jumped on the 1862 CC and started mowing. 2 hours later I had most of the yard mowed. Carolyn will finish it around the shrubs, her flowers, clothes line, etc. where my 54" deck won't fit. Her 42" works just fine for those areas. Rain moving in off to the NW of us now. Carolyn went shopping first thing, got home just before I finished mowing. Had a box with 6 baker's dozen (+ a few extra the gal said) of sweetcorn. Maybe Sundy will get that all in the freezer. Magnum has his spa day tomorrow so won't get a lot done that works best with two of us.
You've been busy Roger! Glad your back isn't keeping from doing these chores. I should go to the Farmer's market in town and buy some sweet corn. Been quite a while since we had some corn on the cob!

DAC

Can go for about 1/2 day and that is it. Even riding the mower shakes me around enough I walk like a scare crow for a way before thing loosen up again. Plan is to pull two empty wagons out of the pole building and get them out where they can be seen and try to sell them. One is a wood barge box, and the other is a steel flair box. Both have good running gear and hoist that work. With them out I will have another bay open to put some of the other things in that normally have to stay unprotected, like the wood splitter, couple yard carts. yard roller, estate rake, etc.

Kablewie runs again. !!! Not sure if any of you remember Kablewie or not. But he is a LGT ford. Over the years it’s had a number of engine failures. So I found a 10 hp kohler K241 in my pile of used stuff. Checked it over. Got it running. Put it in the tractor. Works good. Now finally got the deck and tin work on it. So far so good. I will cut grass this week with it and see how it goes. But at 10 hp it’s gunna be a bit underpowered for the 50” cutting deck.
I hope to put it in the Dundas Plowing Match parade in a few weeks time. The deck will come off and the tandem disks will go on.
Here’s a few pictures of the tractor.

NoelIMG_8813.jpegIMG_8814.jpegIMG_8815.jpegIMG_8816.jpegIMG_8817.jpegIMG_8818.jpegIMG_8819.jpegIMG_8820.jpeg

I’ve used my tractor once in the last month. My grass is dead. My entire yard is brown and crunchy.

I hopped in my jeep to run down my moms and it showed a 105 degrees in the sun
I know what you mean. I went from mowing every 4-5 days in May and very early June. Haven't mowed in the last 4-5 weeks. Maybe a little weedwacking that's all. Sure could use rain. Though I'm not complaining about not mowing grass either..

I know what you mean. I went from mowing every 4-5 days in May and very early June. Haven't mowed in the last 4-5 weeks. Maybe a little weedwacking that's all. Sure could use rain. Though I'm not complaining about not mowing grass either..

This is the driest summer i remember in a long time. I don’t know what year it was, probably 89-91. We had a bad drought. I remember my grandfather having to get buckets of water from the creek to water his garden because the county had water limits out because the reservoir was drying up. It wasn’t good.

My cousins has almost dried up, it’s making just a few gallons a day. He is paying someone to haul water in every few days.

I’m not complaining about the grass but we desperately need rain. Which fortunately is in the forecast for the next 6 days.

I was cutting about every 4-6 days now about three weeks apart. We had a good rain today and more forecasted all next week. Our cistern is down about 300 gallons that’s enough for almost three days. If I don’t collect enough soon I’ll have to start buying it at $65. for 1250 gallons. We had to buy a lot last year but so far this year not yet.

If a rototiller counts as a tractor I got my 8hp retrofit all bolted up midweek, and ordered belts for it. Today I pulled the "new" motor and put the new belts on. This is an original horse1 that has the twin belts. I got gates green ones for it.
I'm not liking the wobble that the drive pulley on the tiller gearbox main shaft has, but it appears to all be between the pulley itself and the shaft. When I have the motor off the don't feel any play in that shaft but leaning the motor on it, and wiggling it around to get the rods back in that the motor and it's bell housing ride on it's real noticeable. I could wiggle the pulley with the motor off on the ground and see the slop between it and the shaft.

Been to hot to get the tractors out for anything the last week. They can stay in the machine shed till it cools down, then the loader will have some work to do.
You are 100% CORRECT. :)

Many tractor and skidsteer machines FAIL when temps reaching into the 90s or above. Worse for older worn machines. Fluids and seals on aged machines like to blowout in a hotter working environment. The cooling systems are either air-cooled or liquid. They are not intended to run this hot and keep up. The reason why many machines need a new head gasket and repairs to the head.

If a rototiller counts as a tractor I got my 8hp retrofit all bolted up midweek, and ordered belts for it. Today I pulled the "new" motor and put the new belts on. This is an original horse1 that has the twin belts. I got gates green ones for it.
I'm not liking the wobble that the drive pulley on the tiller gearbox main shaft has, but it appears to all be between the pulley itself and the shaft. When I have the motor off the don't feel any play in that shaft but leaning the motor on it, and wiggling it around to get the rods back in that the motor and it's bell housing ride on it's real noticeable. I could wiggle the pulley with the motor off on the ground and see the slop between it and the shaft.
Need pixs, else we don't believe you. LOL
:thumbs:

Back