What did you do with your tractor today?

1st section of bottom garden cultivated it with the small tractor length ways then across , then went to the new addition to do it and went across it just to pull some more stones out on the 1/2 of it i got semi worked up , hauled some non ferrous down to strip to take to the city tomorrow

Shane

We mowed last Thursday and going to mow today. Talking in the 90's temp wise so some of it is going to get cut a little wet. Slow down a bit and they still do a decent job. Don't want it to short with hose hi temps anyway.

Got the mowing done, mowers washed up and back in the shed and on the deck by noon. Took a 1/2 hr. coffee break about mid way through. Cub ran super so must have got all the junk out of the tank. Crossover hose is original so I think that is where it came from. Going to pick up new hose and put all new fuel lines on it both directions.

Last edited:
I forgot to post it, but the belts I ordered last Friday night got here Tuesday. Pretty darn fast service again from V-Belt Supply Co. I think that I'll let the cracked deck belt go until it gives up or the end of cutting season whichever comes first.

Edit---I meant to put this in the "what are you currently working on" thread. Sorry.

DAC

DSCN1583.JPG

some photos of the garden now IMG_20190620_135445.jpg IMG_20190620_135502.jpg 2 photos after reworking the 1st section.
IMG_20190628_092333.jpg IMG_20190628_092355.jpg 2 piles of stones enough to fill a rider trailer easily from the 2nd section i'm working on and a couple more piles of grass to mulch to put back into the ground
IMG_20190628_092226.jpg IMG_20190628_092301.jpg these 2 are of the 2 sections together after i weed wacked the 2nd area and moved the panels of fence to the far end of it . but still got the barbed wire to roll up yet , be done during the week.
IMG_20190628_092416.jpg here's a native hardwood tree i'm leaving there

Shane

Fired the Bolens G12 up to pull the Qt to the shop. G12 hadend't been started since it plowed the garden last fall. fired right off, on Ethanol mind you. Was fun steering both tractors around a pond and up a fairly steep incline and 180° in the drive to get it headed in the shop door. Carolyn got on the QT and drove it the last bit or don't think I would have made it. Now to see if I can get it running decent.

I had to work on my normal "mowing Monday" since there is a holiday Thursday. At least the work days are only 8 hours this week though, so I got the mowing done after work today. Just in time too, I hear thunder as I type this! MF12G performed flawlessly!

DAC

I should get the deck back on my MF12G some day, just for fun, hehe my fathers favorite saying. Some times thou, when he'd say, lets do this, just for fun, it was not necessarily fun.
any way, everybody is talking about grass cutting, I am doing grass cutting too, but with my lawn-boy push mower. Hehe.

Noel

I should get the deck back on my MF12G some day, just for fun, hehe my fathers favorite saying. Some times thou, when he'd say, lets do this, just for fun, it was not necessarily fun.
any way, everybody is talking about grass cutting, I am doing grass cutting too, but with my lawn-boy push mower. Hehe.

Noel

If you have all the links, they go on pretty easy, Noel! I've been having fun mowing when everything goes smooth and for the most part it does!

DAC

Had the QT out knocking down some 2' high grass. Fuel pump is bad so can only run it down to about 2/3 of a tank left. Will put the fuel pump on this morning and will have a good backup, if I don't sell it down the road.

After I got the oil fixed on the QT I used it to mow for about 1/2 hour. Worked real good but blades could use sharpening. Will mow the main yard tomorrow morning. Then have the afternoon free to watch the race at Daytona.

I hope to get the field that is my yard mowed down with the backup mower, the ztr is short a drive belt which is on backorder.

Now I need a belt for the Iseki mower deck. That will teach me to let it sit unused for three years. I did get the yard about 1/2 mowed.

Fired the 1512 Cub up and finished mowing this moning. Did have one little set back. Back steering rod joint fall apart but had a good used one on the shelf. 15 min to swap them out and back mowing again. Found a couple more limbs that need to go.

Back