What did you do with your tractor today?

Great idea Lance. I need one for on my Cub 1512, mainly for small dead limbs that are to big to go through the deck. And ever one in a while a dead Racoon or Opossum the dog gets during the night, tho they usually go down the road 1/4 mile and the Turkey Vulchers finish them.

Yep, the joys of owning critters.Lol.... dogs will leave me a muskrat now and then but here its mostly the cats leaving me presents... I got alot of cats... but hey.... I dont have a mouse problem;)

Next time Im near a lumber yard I'll pickup supplies to put wooden racks on the back of the Agco. Ive done that on a couple of these rigs in the past so I can carry extra fuel. Still need to add a lift assist spring on the deck.... that transfers just enough weight back onto the drive wheels that I dont have any traction issues. Overall its been working good, no more noisy bearings, engine is running nice and quiet, no leaks, and not smokin like my other one.

Around here right now it seems like rabbits are about the only critter running around and they seem to be multiplying like--you guessed it, rabbits! There were two different adult ones played a little dodge the tractor when I was mowing yesterday, then I nearly mincemeated 3 young ones, about handful size. They were fast enough to run before I saw them. One was in some grass I hadn't trimmed around the septic tank lid, and two more darted out of a grassy looking flower my wife has by the house.

DAC

Through the day it is real quiet. Occasional Dove and hear Quail a lot. About 8PM or so the critters star to come out from under their heat protection. Had a Quail under the bird feeders, lot of birds out on the dirt road in the shade of the trees, once in a while a deer runs across.

The lift assist on the F525 I had was some help but not a lot. Run ags with 35lb weight but they will tear the grass up too if not careful.

Not much room on these rigs for decent tires... could be done with some modifications I spose but they do fine with an added spring.... it would ride alot better with 12" rims and ATV radials tho ;)

Got to mow the entire yard today with the MF12G and it performed perfectly again! The road ditch out front is still too muddy to mow yet. Did the weed trimming around the house and trees till the battery died, and I had forgotten to charge the other one to do some of the back yard trimming. Oh well tired anyway.

DAC

Got the 1512 Cub out and started to mow. Sounded like a dry bearing, then it quit charging so headed for the shop. Could not see anything, deck & drive pulleys felt OK. Started it up and heard the alternator bearings making a noise. That is when it locked up and shut it off. Just had new bearings put in 2 years ago but that thing turn pretty fast. Going with the best bearings we can find this time.

Yesterday, I pulled the seat off the JD 112 and gave it a good bath with a sctoch brite pad. That helped pull some of the dead paint off.
DSCN4696.JPG DSCN4697.JPG

When it dried off, I moved it under the canopy and went to work with the rubbing compound. After wiping that haze off, I coated it with the carnuba wax.
DSCN4698.JPG DSCN4699.JPG DSCN4700.JPG

DSCN4701.JPG DSCN4702.JPG DSCN4703.JPG

DSCN4704.JPG

I also painted the integral hitch. Here's a pic from when I brought it home for comparison.
DSCN3749.JPG

Yesterday, I pulled the seat off the JD 112 and gave it a good bath with a sctoch brite pad. That helped pull some of the dead paint off.
View attachment 15783 View attachment 15784

When it dried off, I moved it under the canopy and went to work with the rubbing compound. After wiping that haze off, I coated it with the carnuba wax.
View attachment 15785 View attachment 15786 View attachment 15787

View attachment 15788 View attachment 15789 View attachment 15790

View attachment 15791

I also painted the integral hitch. Here's a pic from when I brought it home for comparison.
View attachment 15792

Hard to tell it's the same tractor, Kenny! A little elbow grease can really go a long ways!

DAC

Got the sheet metal all off the QT 16 ready for a good bath and paint job on the tin work. Beyond cleaning up short of starting with the sand blaster application.
Sde QT16.JPG Frnt QT16.JPG

Tin is all good and straight with only a couple minor bump spots. Back wheels are the best looking part on the tractor.

Sde Media.JPG Fndr Media.JPG

Got the side panels and fender pan rough spots media blasted and ready for sanding. Didn't get a pic of the hood for some reason.

Got the sheet metal all off the QT 16 ready for a good bath and paint job on the tin work. Beyond cleaning up short of starting with the sand blaster application.
View attachment 15954 View attachment 15955

Tin is all good and straight with only a couple minor bump spots. Back wheels are the best looking part on the tractor.

View attachment 15957 View attachment 15956

Got the side panels and fender pan rough spots media blasted and ready for sanding. Didn't get a pic of the hood for some reason.

Geez you are ambitious in this heat,, now I know where all my ambition went

Geez you are ambitious in this heat,, now I know where all my ambition went

Wasn't that bad out there. Nice breeze out of the S SW and was in the shade in the drive. Tomorrow I can start sanding and dressing up some spot welds holding that center back piece in place. I don't think the QT series was standard white either, more of an off white.

Built the rear basket on the Agco Allis today, basically an OEM copy using 1x2 and 1x3 fir, two door hooks unlock the tailgate so it lifts up/off, sides and front are bolted to the tilting flat deck.... hot day so I parked it outside to dry the paint.... and take pics Before it gets beat up.....

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    323.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    405.5 KB · Views: 15
That will work out real well for you. About the opnly place I have to put even a small basket or rack is on the hood on the Cub 1512. Afraid anythign out the back I would have smashed as being used to how much room I have back there now.

Back