What did you do with your tractor today?

MFDAC

Tractorologist
One of the first things I learned in the military, if the terrain looks iffy, walk it first. I recovered so many vehicles because people wouldn't take the time and walk through the area they were going to take a vehicle through and scope the situation out. Live and learn.
Thanks for your service, Jake! I called myself plenty of names worse than dummy like I did here! Too old to know any better? I do now!

DAC

MFDAC

Tractorologist
"Septic Mud"? Sounds like a waste system needs some attention. Good thing you didn't slip and the tractor got ya !
Septic doesn't always mean something related to septic tanks and drain fields. Pretty much any organic substance like grass and leaves will go septic when submerged in oxygen depleted stagnant water long enough forming the septic mud. I had an infection once they said went septic after a surgery several years back.

Yeah, I'm darn glad my boots weren't muddy or I may have run myself over!

DAC

chieffan

Tractorologist
Had to bring a dead tractor up from storage this afternoon. Rolled it outside where I could get to the front with a chain. Hooked the Cub diesel on to it, moved the hydro lever up to a nice slow walking pace and drove both tractors about 200 yds. Around a pond, across the dam, up the hill and around in front of the shop going between the two steering them. That dash control hydro works great for things like that. Mission accomplished. Now to get the dead one running.

MFDAC

Tractorologist
Got about 3/4 of the yard mowed, standing water again in areas so i had to avoid some spots. MF12G worked perfectly. I didn't wear earplugs this time, once or twice a year I want to hear if there's any noises that shouldn't be there. It sounded smooth the whole time. Since I'm sure it wouldn't rain, I sprayed weeds in the gravel too.

DAC

chieffan

Tractorologist
I turned the exhaust & muffler towards the front rather than straight up. Made a lot of difference on the noise and the fumes. Don't have to watch it around trees any more either. I did notice there is one exhaust manifold bolt broke off so that is another project. Put the new alternator on the cub yesterday. Back charging again. If the guy gets my old one charging will keep it for something else.

Propane1

Tractorologist
Had the MF bulldozer out again today. Just a little job. Had a woodin platform on the ground to store attachments on. It was rotted out. And wood chip siding bad on the mini barn. So had to get all the junk away from the barn, removed the old platform and trimmed tree branches, that were touching the barn. The branches weren’t there when I put the barn there.!!!! Any way, trimmed them back to where they were 11 years ago. Took the MF dozer and cleaned up the ground where the platform was. Still have to get more junk out from inside the barn yet. Cut up the old platform and threw out some of it and will use the rest for starting the fire this winter.

Noel

Attachments