What did you do with your tractor today?

Yes Doug I built it 11 years ago. It was in many parades and shows for the first few years. Then the fad and fun dropped off. Had it out about 3 or 4 years ago to the Dundas parade. It is modeled after a MF 110 manure spreader and a Massey Harris dinky toy manure spreader.
I’ve had people in it, beside it getting their picture takin. Some thought it actually worked and wanted to buy it or rent it.
The best one thou was a time when I was sitting on the tractor with the manure spreader hooked on having a snack just away from the take out and I was by myself. This little girl about 8 years old or so by herself came to the spreader. She Never said a word. Just walked around and around the spreader just looking. Finally she came to me and said, nice manure spreader, and I said, thank you. And she walked away. I never forgot that. It was so neat.

Noel
lovely story ,those sort of stories really makes your day , best part is little children are innocent and true in what they say and mean

Used my pallet forks on the Kubota to carry scrap metal to my piles. Been tearing down the tubing that held the shade cloths over the cows. The forks just slide under it, so no lifting! Also carried some old posts down to a gully wash and dropped them in.

I put 3.5 hrs. on the clock today mowing with the JD 265 repower.
Put about the same on my Kubota hauling more scrap posts and bad lumber to the gully wash, then hauled the rest of the scrap metal to my scrap metal heap. Also pulled three 10" fairly new posts with it. This is at the end of the old milking parlor holding pen, so all the rain keeps that area wet. The Kubota pulled the right out once I pushed on them a little to loosen them and open up the hole a bit. Did most all this without even getting out of the seat. The pallet forks I built are invaluable to me.

Anybody finding some grass that is real fine and does not cut well? I found some in my yard and least evening the guy that mows around our museum found some in that yard. Seems like the mower just pushes it over and don't cut it. Just narrow areas a foot or so wide and few feet long.

Several years ago there were some patches of grass like you describe, Roger, in the back yard. I just called it "wire grass" and it eventually went away being replaced with hay, clover, alfalfa and whatever other weeds that makes up the rest of the yard. I've never planted grass except a couple areas. No idea why it appeared for a few years or why it dissappeared!

DAC

I had to sign off the 'net last night before I got to do a report on "Mowing Monday" after 2 weeks growth. The grass is still spring-like green and thick but didn't get so tall that it was a problem for the MF12G. Ran great! I did get stuck in the ditch out front ---- again! This time though I hit a slick area while mowing the edges away from the muddy bottom. Unfortunately the back end of the tractor slid downhill enough to start spinning. I didn't even try any heroic measures pushing or backing around. I went and got the '72 GMC and a chain. Pulled the tractor up on the flat again with no drama or damage to it or me!

DAC

Last edited:
Got them inside. That’s good. This storm is sounding worse as it gets closer.
LGT 165 just fit.

Noel

Attachments

• 9895B60F-7E0B-4C33-9A33-8DFCBF54A202.jpeg
    9895B60F-7E0B-4C33-9A33-8DFCBF54A202.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 8
  • D90B7AC1-5D3B-458E-B658-95D3177D4BC6.jpeg
    D90B7AC1-5D3B-458E-B658-95D3177D4BC6.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 68FE58EA-1176-413D-BEB5-F8609B4318D7.jpeg
    68FE58EA-1176-413D-BEB5-F8609B4318D7.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 11
  • A9AD64CD-DA31-4D1A-B96A-6627625CF916.jpeg
    A9AD64CD-DA31-4D1A-B96A-6627625CF916.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 11
Mowing Monday went well, even though I didn't get started until nearly 4pm. More errands to run with my wife so that had to come first. The MF12G ran fine and I stayed a little further up on the bank mowing the ditch out front! No drama getting stuck again!

DAC

That time of the week, Mowing Monday. Only had one glitch, the PTO belt tore up. Fortunately, I had a new one and continued on.! The oil was starting to look dirty so I changed it while the engine was still hot after cleaning the grass off the tractor. I avoid a huge mess by using this 12 volt marine transfer pump since this engine is a transplant.

DAC

9-16-19 mow1.JPG9-16-19 mow2.JPG9-16-19 mow3.JPG9-16-19 mow4.JPG

Hehe. I was thinking about you yesterday Doug and your mowing Monday. Figured you’d be stuck in the ditch. Hehe.
What’s the flap on the discharge of the mower deck made of. Good idea.

Noel.

Back