What did you do with your tractor today?

Mowed about 2 hours Thursday afternoon, Did the last hour or so yesterday. Mrs did about 45 min with her cub 1018 & 42" deck around the areas my 50" deck dot squeeze in very good. The 8" plus the 4" side chute extension make mine about a foot wider. Mowed in standing water both days but got it cut.

Drug the Iseki out and pulled the trailer around the yard to feed the fire pit. The compost area under the tree house was looking like a dump site, so it got prettied up today.

First time the Iseki has been run in over a year.

I think that is kind of typical with the Predator engines. Had one on a wood spliter and it was lugging down half the time. Took it off and put the old cast iron 10 hp B&S back on.

It has never lugged no matter how tall the grass has been, or plowing deep snow for that matter, but since lots of water was spraying out of the discharge chute I would say that would be a test for any engine, Predator, Briggs, Tec, etc, Roger!

DAC

Started to till the garden again for re-planting till the tiller engine started to act up. Got more seatr time bwetween the shop and garden than tilling. :mad:

I was finally able to mow the entire yard with no standing water! There was a little mud here and there. It didn't go completely smooth though. got about half way done and the cutting deck quit spinning on the MF12G. I looked down and the implement pedal was laying off to the side. The welded in pivot rod had broken off in the bracket.

DSCN1572.JPG

The pedal/pulley setup was held to the rod with E clips. I knew I couldn't build that again so a half-inch bolt welded back into the bracket was my only choice with what I had laying around here. I had to get the mowing done! While trying to remove the bracket from the tractor the wrench slipped and I gouged my arm pretty good. Another 20 minute delay, getting the bleeding stopped and finding the stuff to bandage it. Ground the old pin out, welded in the bolt and used a nylock on it. It didn't loosen up a bit even though I had to mow another two hours. I'm going to have to take the gas tank off as in my hurry to get done mowing before the mosquito's supper time I left the gas cap off. I'm sure there's some fine clippings that may have gotten in the tank. Oh well, it's done for another week. Took a pic after but before I cleaned the tractor.

DSCN1573.JPG

DAC

Put about 2.5 hrs on the cub diesel today. Got the yard mowed up and looking good once more. Should last another week I hope. Chance of rain tomorrow and a better chance Saturday, if not will have to water a few plants again.

Last edited:
Got the BCS 2 wheel tractor with 42" bar mower out this morning. Weeds was trying to take over the Horse Radish patch so mowed it off. That was the easy part as there was a bunch of tangled, sticky weeds in there and one fork full tried to take the whole patch. Finally got it threw over to the goats where they started to pick out the Horse Radish leaves. I can feel it tonight, shoulders and knees didn't like that fork handle in my hands.

Well, I was out cultivating and killing potato bugs today with the LGT 100 Ford and Brinley cultivator. As I was moving along the rows, if I saw a potato bug, I would stop and give them a major sunburn.
Was a nice day weather wise.

Noel

Attachments

• 48CA021A-2C13-4FA5-8A63-01D4DC5CBAC3.jpeg
    48CA021A-2C13-4FA5-8A63-01D4DC5CBAC3.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 6
  • 76F90886-BDE2-4301-8F89-C160A10534DE.jpeg
    76F90886-BDE2-4301-8F89-C160A10534DE.jpeg
    420 KB · Views: 6
Brought the G16xt with the Briggs powered tiller to the shop. Having crud problems from the metal tank on the tiller. Dumped the gas, put a had full of nuts in the tank with some gas and shook it 7 ways from sundown. Dumped it, fresh shot of gas, shook some more and dumped it again. Hope that got it this time. All back together and it fired up and ran good. will see how it does in the ditr in the morning.

Back