What did you do with your tractor today?

Put about 1.5hr on the Cub 1512 mowing today. Carolyn put about an hours on her Cub 1018. Diesel started running real crappy. Like it was only hitting one 2 and sometimes 1. Injectors were rebuilt a year ago so they should be OK yet. Also noticed the right side of the deck was cutting about an inch lower. Time to put it in the shop tomorrow. Talking rain the next 4 days anyway.

Put the Cub 1512 in the shop this morning. Deck was cutting low on the right side and the diesel would start to really run rough sporadically. Worked on the deck first. Put new bearings in the main spindle last year but I noticed today there was a bit or play in the spindle. Figured out the spacer between the two bearings was either to long for the bearings or the race was seated to deep. Don't think it was the race as there is a flange they seat up against. Found another spacer in my parts box that was a bit shorter. worked on it with a file in the vise and after about an hour fitting & filing got it down to where it was fitting like it was supposed to. Tagged the other spacer in case I need it down the road. Got it back together and the blade end met like they were supposed to. Drained the fuel filter and noticed a bit of moisture in the bottom. Time for a new filter in the d600. Got everything back together, deck back on and cutting height reset. Next time I mow will adjust the cutting height and make sure the side to side is level and should be good to go. Got done and the tools put away just before the light show hit.

A few pictures of the Ferguson after the work yesterday.
The 16 cord wood pile started at the front of the tractor, when it was delivered.
Amazing how much wood you loose from saw dust and bark. That pile of stuff is about 10’ long, 5’ deep, and 2’ high.
About 1/2 cord. Still not done of the pile yet to cut up.
At the start. It was 16 cord load. So givin the air space in a load like that, ya only get 13/14 cord. Then loose 1/2 or more to saw dust and lost bark.
I will try and save some of the bark for kindling.

Noel

Attachments

• 7507727E-9A16-47A4-BDFC-63AFE58228B5.jpeg
    7507727E-9A16-47A4-BDFC-63AFE58228B5.jpeg
    343.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 57836B5F-F252-4310-871B-ABB681F98F65.jpeg
    57836B5F-F252-4310-871B-ABB681F98F65.jpeg
    324.3 KB · Views: 12
  • C746BBDC-EA12-4771-B77B-A4D646E1F6F5.jpeg
    C746BBDC-EA12-4771-B77B-A4D646E1F6F5.jpeg
    393.2 KB · Views: 12
  • A4EACD07-0F27-4B53-9192-767FE3978B8E.jpeg
    A4EACD07-0F27-4B53-9192-767FE3978B8E.jpeg
    356 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
A few pictures of the Ferguson after the work yesterday.
The 16 cord wood pile started at the front of the tractor, when it was delivered.
Amazing how much wood you loose from saw dust and bark. That pile of stuff is about 10’ long, 5’ deep, and 2’ high.
About 1/2 cord. Still not done of the pile yet to cut up.
At the start. It was 16 cord load. So givin the air space in a load like that, ya only get 13/14 cord. Then loose 1/2 or more to saw dust and lost bark.
I will try and save some of the bark for kindling.

Noel
Looking good Noel, I'll get mine delivered so you can come block it for me lol.:thumbs:

Spent an hour trying to get the adjusters on the new sickle freed up. Need to build a pin nut to put it all together. Also, modified the gearbox mount to add grease. Don’t think it’s ever had any added because of the mount being in the way.

I have a 5 year old Cub Cadet GTX2100 that has always had pitiful headlights. I changed out the incandescent bulbs pretty well straight away, that helped alot, but always wanted more. More is better...right?

So, saw a pair of small LED lights, each with 900 Lumens that were on sale. Picked them up and mounted them on the front bumper side by side like I would for an LED light bar. Well holy cow!!! Now I have light!! (As my wife reminded me, I don't use the tractor in the dark, but I reminded her that now I have the option).

Check out ho it dwarfs the headlights when both are on.

lights1.jpglights2.jpglights3.jpglights4.jpg

I don't think I have one tractor that has working lights on it. I usually eliminate the wiring for lights right from the start as it eliminates any potential problem area. If I can't get it done in daylight it don't need doing.

Mowed with the Cub 1512 this afternoon. Ran great for the first 45 min. Then got that missing and no power stuff again. got bad enough this time I had to take it to the shop. Sounded like it wasn't getting enough fuel so that is where I started. Pulled the line from the injector pump and turned the key on. Got a stream, - part of the time, about like a pencil lead. Walked down to the pole building where I am parting out a QT that had a replacement electric pump. Took it off and put it on the Cub. Bled the air out buttoned things up. Back to mowing. Ran from another long hour and never missed a lick. Problem solved and on to the next one.

Even though a couple of rain storms went through this morning the sun came out and dried most of the yard enough for mowing Monday. Still standing water in a couple of places though. The 12G ran great again but just one little glitch. I forgot to put the maintainer on the battery after I mowed the last time and it barely cranked over. It was enough to start that HF engine though! I've been threatening for over a year to get a new battery but since the maintainer is keeping the charge up, I've put it off..

DAC

Yesterday was mowing day. I put about 2 hr. on the Cub 1512. Finally got the deck set to where it was cutting even and not leaving low cut strips. Have a new set of wheels and axles ordered so will probably have to go through it all over again. Carolyn put about 45 min on her Cub 1018, then a little trimming with the push mower. God thing as it started raining around 4pm and kept at it off and on all day Wednesday.

Ruyn around with the Ranger and picked up a bunch of branches the wind blew out yesterday. Then got the BCS 2 wheel tractor with the 42" bar mower up to the shop. Knew the cycle needed sharpening but when I went to take it out found the drive plate and 2 sections were loose. Holes in the drive plate were enlarged so new rivets would not hold it solid. Got it as good as I could and with it all straight tacked it in a few places to make sure all was solid and tight again. Mowed some weeds and a bunch of young maple trees on the neighbors side of the fence. Owner lives is Arizona and farm management don't pay much attention to it. My back and knees said that was enough for the day so 4 pm I quit.

Back