What did you do with your tractor today?

We raise our mowers up to about 3" the first of July as we know it will get hot and dry. Won't put them back down till in September some time, if then. When all the other lawns are brown ours is still green, maybe a little long but green. On rural and just normal usage the bill is about $40 a month. For July it was $67 due to garden & flower watering. Hate to think of what it would be if we watered 2A + just to have something to mow.

I raise my deck up too, I’ve had it on the highest position for the last month and a half. I’ve done weed cutting twice in the last month and a half. Needs it again now. But I’ll wait another week or two. Season for nice lookin grass be over in a month or so any way. It will come back next year. Always does.

Noel

Haven't seen dust in several weeks here. Rains have grass still growing like Springtime! Mow every 4 to 5 days, but needs it every 3!
I know what you mean Daniel, last year was the wettest year on record here. Grass grew like crazy until the first frost, even afterward it seems like! One extreme to another.

Have not mowed here for a long time. And I’d say be another week or two yet. Grass is brown. But strangely the weeds are green.

Noel
Yeah pretty much the same here. Grass is brown but the clover seems to keep growing.

DAC

Beans are turning yellow in the fields. Some of the corn has the husk drying. Hummingbirds are moving through some heading South along with the Robins. Deer season opens for bow in 5 weeks. Lot of things pointing towards an early fall in these parts. We need a rain BAD but not much over 20% in the forecast. Will push mow the dog pen as it is shaded 90% of the time but that is it.

Well I've been trying to get my tractor going in expectation of a good monsoon season here in Southern Arizona, but it seems as though the rains are heading north and east. I may have another year to finish this if this weather keeps this up.
Forecasts for the last couple weeks say to expect. 01" of rain, 30 to 40 percent chance, haha!
Hope this changes soon, even as much as I hate mowing.

Rick

Most of this year I have mowed every 3-4 days.
I try not to mow weekends. It has been a wet year.
Last time was the first time I stirred up any dust.
I have kept the deck at 3 1/2". Grass is green.
Neighbor who mows down to the root tops has brown grass and dirt.

Most of this year I have mowed every 3-4 days.
I try not to mow weekends. It has been a wet year.
Last time was the first time I stirred up any dust.
I have kept the deck at 3 1/2". Grass is green.
Neighbor who mows down to the root tops has brown grass and dirt.
Got a lot of folks here that feel they need to 'shave' the ground to mow! I try to keep mine at 2" or better!

I don't even know what the grass length for the highest deck setting is on the MF12G. Guessing 3" to 3-1/2". I have always mowed with that setting since this area was former hay fields anyway!

DAC

My neighbor across the street is building a new house and bought over some dirt so I could fill in a low spot and have been using my 3415S to try to get it leveled out. Had to use the tiller to bust up some big chunks.

Mowed lawn and as washing deck off started to rain.
Came in house and wife had cooked up some Lobster Mushrooms we'd picked day before in the bush. Earlier in the day a boat came to our dock and gave us free beer, company was doing a promotion and had a boat load of beer to hand out going dock to dock.

Attachments

• IMG_7241.JPG
    IMG_7241.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 61987625867__B6C917A6-7855-46EB-A294-51F69F05EA61.JPG
    61987625867__B6C917A6-7855-46EB-A294-51F69F05EA61.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 11
No lawn to mow for the past 2 weeks due to how dry it has been. Still picking up a few sticks and small limbs from the wind storm last week. Yesterday I painted up the front blade for the Case 195 and today I bolted on the new edge blade and mounted the blade to the tractor. I need to redo the cylinder mount for the blade angle with some heavier steel, the way it is now it moved too much and then the blade does not angle correct. IMG_20200823_103508685_HDR.jpg

No lawn to mow for the past 2 weeks due to how dry it has been. Still picking up a few sticks and small limbs from the wind storm last week. Yesterday I painted up the front blade for the Case 195 and today I bolted on the new edge blade and mounted the blade to the tractor. I need to redo the cylinder mount for the blade angle with some heavier steel, the way it is now it moved too much and then the blade does not angle correct. View attachment 28670
Looks great Ted! It's looking like the wear and tear on the parts I bought from you is going to greatly reduce too due to no rain!

DAC

So, wanted to put that on the trailer so I could take it to my sons hoist so I could service it for winter.
It started like normal. Then after 15 seconds or so it quit. Ok. That’s happened before , I thought. Went to restart. No go. Turn over fine. But that’s it. Have spark, have fuel. Time to walk away from it.
Start the LGT 165 Ford and put it on the trailer. Away I went.
Came back this afternoon. Try starting that again. Thinking it would go. No go. Take New plug out that I put in February/March of Of this year. Only 20 Hours on plug if that. No good. Put another plug in, and away it went. Jumpins any way.

Noel.

Attachments

• 583F786A-3F81-4C55-821D-E1BFAF2A0240.jpeg
    583F786A-3F81-4C55-821D-E1BFAF2A0240.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 5
So, wanted to put that on the trailer so I could take it to my sons hoist so I could service it for winter.
It started like normal. Then after 15 seconds or so it quit. Ok. That’s happened before , I thought. Went to restart. No go. Turn over fine. But that’s it. Have spark, have fuel. Time to walk away from it.
Start the LGT 165 Ford and put it on the trailer. Away I went.
Came back this afternoon. Try starting that again. Thinking it would go. No go. Take New plug out that I put in February/March of Of this year. Only 20 Hours on plug if that. No good. Put another plug in, and away it went. Jumpins any way.

Noel.
I bet that plug started with the letter C, didn't it?

Back